No escape!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: No escape!

#16 Post by klobird »

That pic is of you with the invisalign?? That is amazing!! One would NEVER know you had braces on!! I am soooo jealous...(my ortho said no to invisalign--had to reign the bucky beavers is with the full metal jacket... :roll: )

Eve43

#17 Post by Eve43 »

Klo,
Bottom line is, you will always get the best results with braces (or so I've heard). So don't be jealous. Your teeth will be picture perfect. I'm hoping mine are close to that. :D My orthodontist is supposed to be the best in our area...my son's teeth are beautiful...but he had braces...Damon's to be exact. I must say the experience thus far has been pleasant. There isn't anything I haven't been able to eat...but I do plan for it since I have to remove the aligners. I floss and brush 3 times a day. I know my teeth have moved, but they have never hurt. Strange, but true. My lisp is completely gone. I hope I get this lucky the rest of the 10 months.

Good luck, Klo!

Eve43

#18 Post by Eve43 »

just photo-documenting my arches...best I can.

Upper Arch:
[attachment=1]IMAG0145-1.jpg[/attachment]

Lower Arch:
[attachment=0]IMAG0143-1.jpg[/attachment]

Beginning of treatment (actually week #4 but no noticeable movement).

Cheers!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eve43

#19 Post by Eve43 »

So, 1st appointment. Everything is going as planned. I asked my orthodontist for a look at my clincheck....yes, I proceeded without seeing the clincheck first. But, I requested it today and got what the final result will look like. Here it is:

[attachment=0]IMAG0150-1.jpg[/attachment]
I'm pretty pleased with the final result...STRAIGHT! Still my teeth...just not crooked and my deep bite will be greatly improved! Yay!

I have no problems with compliance wear. Cleaning is a breeze. Pain is non-existent (so far). Still...very happy with my choice. ;)

Cheers!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eve43

#20 Post by Eve43 »

Hello All!

Had to go to my appointment today (5 days early) since I'm scheduled for federal jury duty starting next Monday. That means Ive only worn tray #4 for 9 days. The dental hygienist had me sit in the chair with my trays already removed. Before I knew it, she's slapping tray #5 into my mouth! With a mouth full of new plastic and hands still trying to get the bottom tray on, I try and explain that I've only had tray #4 in for 9 days. "that's ok", she says. "they fit! No problems!". The orthodontist came over, took a look-see, and agreed that they did fit. He said he could tell that I've been great with compliance, and that it doesn't hurt to move time up like we are. But we just didn't want to make a habit of it. Had them in since dinner. Again, no pain. I think maybe my ortho is a genius...moving teeth without pain???? Really??? Wow.

I'm glad I went to Taco Tuesday last night...had some gourmet tacos and some killer micro-brews. Guess I celebrated early ;)

Cheers!