Lia 77's story (with pictures of course!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alimorgan71

Re: Lia 77's story (with pictures of course!)

#16 Post by alimorgan71 »

Wow! You can definitely see movement in such a short time. Very inspiring.

Lia77

#17 Post by Lia77 »

^ Thanks! They have moved a bit more since :)

Eugh somebody hit me in the mouth over the weekend (by mistake!). My front teeth still hurt. Can't really eat much.

My ortho said I'll be getting something behind my two front teeth to stop my bottom braces hitting off my top teeth, and to fix my bite. He said it won't be a bite plate, as they are uncomfortable. From what he has described I think it may be a bite ramp (after some online research)...not so sure though. I'll find out in a few weeks anyway. Anyone have experience of these?

Lia77

#18 Post by Lia77 »

Had an adjustment today. Owies.

Got spacers on my bottom teeth also and will be getting my bottom braces in two weeks!

They seem to have moved a lot :)

Both taken today!

Only 3 months later. Amazing!

chocolate1978

#19 Post by chocolate1978 »

Hello, no more fangs. You look great. Some people progress so fast.
Chocomorsel/Chocolate1978
Here's my braces story
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37838

Lia77

#20 Post by Lia77 »

Got my lowers today! Getting quite sore now. Although I'm taking loads of painkillers to avoid the pain :/ He has not finished with the lowers yet. Still must get some brackets on. But I am going on a short holiday and coming back next week so he is waiting until I am back so I can enjoy my holiday with no too much pain! :D And he said something about needing to put the "bands" on? I don't know if he means elastic bands or what. I have hooks for them, so I am definitely getting them at some point!

I asked him about the thing he was going to put behind my front teeth but he said I don't need it yet.

Also getting the two lower extractions next week, eek!

(yes there is food...ignore!!)

There is one of my gaps! Closing up a bit.

Much bigger gap on that side.

Best picture I could get of the lowers! :/ Spacers still there until next week! The first premolar on the right is being extracted, and the second premolar on the left is being extracted.

Looking forward to seeing the lower moving after next week when everything is attached :) I'm worried the most about my bite. It's verrrry deep.

itzztrick

#21 Post by itzztrick »

holy cow! that's a lot of progress in a short time. does that mean you can take out the top before the bottom?

Lia77

#22 Post by Lia77 »

^ It would be great but I doubt it! A lot of work needs to be done for my bite I'd say and elastic bands will be needed.

Got my molar bands in my lowers a few days ago. And will be getting the lower extractions at the end of next week. I feel like I'm living at the orthos office this month :shock: I'm surprised at how less painful the lowers have been (as opposed to when I first got the uppers on). Maybe I'm just used to my mouth hurting now, ha!

monaco28

#23 Post by monaco28 »

Wooh! Such a great progress in such a short time!

bbbards

#24 Post by bbbards »

Great progress Lia 77 and thanks for posting the pictures. Photos are particularly inspiring. I'm three months in with slight movement on the top and just got my lowers on today. So like you, back to having a sore mouth. Eating isn't that much fun especially as my top canines seam to be hitting my two lower brackets....feels like I'm eating metal when I chew.

Good luck and keep the pictures coming! :-*

Lia77

#25 Post by Lia77 »

Got my 2 lowers extracted today! Been sick the last 3 days with food poisoning so the dentist was going to leave it another week, but I just wanted it over and done with. Not feeling the best at the moment. But feels good to know my lowers with start moving soon :) Will post pictures later!

raefactor

#26 Post by raefactor »

Ick, food poisoning. :( Get better soon! You're making awesome progress. :D

bbbards; For awhile after I got braces, my left top canine always hit one of the brackets and not only was it painful and annoying, I was soooo worried it would forever be that way. :roll: They'll move and it'll get better, but I have a feeling you know that. :wink:

Lia77

#27 Post by Lia77 »

Well, the last few days have been a nightmare! I got dry socket where my lower right tooth was extracted. Thought it was just pain from my braces but I went to the dentist (not my own dentist, dentist in college because I am in a different city during the week) this morning because the pain was unbearable and it's a dry socket :( I followed all the aftercare advice properly...don't know how this happened! The dentist packed it with Alvogyl and wants me to come back tomorrow to see how it's doing.

PAIIIIN. Way worse than any brace pain, that's for sure!

Lia77

#28 Post by Lia77 »

Not much progress since the last pics...obviously...but I'll throw some up anyway!

Dry socket is still painful...never got to the dentist today because of college, was in the music college all day which is at the other side of the city to where the dentist is. But will go back tomorrow if it's still painful! :(

SMILE!:
Right:
Left: (that gap will take aggggges to close...won't it?!!)
This is my bite. Biting down naturally. So you can see how deep it is!
Lowers! (ignore all my fillings...I went through a Ribena phase when I was about 14 :( ) See that wire on my right? Absolutely RIPPING the inside of my cheeks off. And wax won't stick to it properly. It's torture!
You can also see the packing in my dry socket...was totally empty before that was put in! :( And a better view of torture wire!!
And another smile because it makes me happy! :D

Snowglobe32

#29 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Hello,

I just found your story. Your teeth are nicely shaped, you will have a great final result!

As for your torture wire, I have one similiar, it covers a gap (between a molar and a wisdom) from a long-ago extracted tooth. Your ortho can put rubber tubing over the wire, it prevents the wire from rubbing into the inside of your mouth.

For the longest time I didn't have the rubber tubing and I now have a little pocket of skin or cheek (not sure what it is called) that sticks out from the inside of my cheek. It doesn't sound pretty and it can be irritating at times. But in my case, the easiest way to describe it is, that the inside skin seems to want to suck its way into the gap. It can be removed easily after the braces are off. For the time being, until your gap closes, you may want to ask the ortho for the tubing. It really makes a difference!

klobird

#30 Post by klobird »

Lia--Your teeth look amazing!! Wow, you must be so happy!! :thumbsup: