Gempop's story (With pictures)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gempop1

Gempop's story (With pictures)

#1 Post by gempop1 »

Hello,
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

gempop1

#2 Post by gempop1 »

Just letting you guys know that I'm just off out to buy poopcorn, toffee and a gorgeous chinese meal with egg fried rice for my last brace free evening meal before my appointment tomorrow!

I'm going to make sure I enjoy it so much before I go on the braces 'diet'!!!! :lol:

caryca

#3 Post by caryca »

oh lucky you I LOVE toffee!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!:-)
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

Nanhut

#4 Post by Nanhut »

Good luck and post your results! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Wired:7/26/05
Estimated treatment: 12 months
See 'Our Braces Stories' for pics and info.

gempop1

#5 Post by gempop1 »

Thank you guys! We all have a similar start date! I'll keep you posted!
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

gempop1

#6 Post by gempop1 »

Cheers KK!
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadeIn1984

#7 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Podes falar Português? Posso falar um pouquinho.

Felicitações com os braces! :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

gempop1

#8 Post by gempop1 »

HI guys,
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aradia252

#9 Post by Aradia252 »

Wow, that sounds horrible!!! Is it a constant pain or just when you put any pressure on it? The first few days of my braces consisted of a VERY tight feeling and pain if I put pressure on my teeth. I'm sure that it will go away soon though. Until then, if it were me, I'd probably take an unhealthy amount of pain killers... Good Luck :(

Ceramics on top: 6/23/05
Lower Expander: 9/8/05, Removed: 3/30/06
Ceramics on bottom: 10/7/05

MadeIn1984

#10 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Hmm, I'm awfully sorry to hear about the pain you're going through.

I guess everyone's experience with braces is truely unique. The first 4 days or so I had them I experienced no discomfort whatsoever. It wasn't until about the 5th day or so did my teeth finally start to ache a bit whever I bit down, but that subsided within 2 days. Currently, I'm not experiencing any pain at all. I'm very lucky and pleased.

If the pain is *really* bothering you or creating difficulties, I'd suggest you speak with your orthodontist.

Much luck!
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

gempop1

#11 Post by gempop1 »

xc
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

arnette

#12 Post by arnette »

A quick couple of questions:

Are you paying or are you covered under NHS? I'm in Scotland for school but too old for NHS coverage... I'm trying to get a ballpark idea of how much ceramic braces would cost before I go in to see the orthodonist.

What was your estimated length of time in those puppies? Doesn't really look like you'll be in them too long! My teeth are maybe a bit more misaligned than yours were at the start (hard to say exactly, I know) so I thought you'd be a good guinea pig for me.

You look great! Keep up the blog and best of luck in the future.

gempop1

#13 Post by gempop1 »

Hi,
Last edited by gempop1 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

gempop1

update

#14 Post by gempop1 »

Hello!
I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! Well, here's an update!

My upper gap (I had 2 extractions, both on the left side of my face, one upper one lower) has almost completely closed, which is very exciting. I've had a power chain for the last 3 months in an attempt to close both gaps. Only the upper has responded so well though. My gap at the bottom is still as gappy as ever!! Unfortunatly I managed to loose a power chain last night! :yikes: I was cleaning a bit too enthusiastically and out it popped! I was actually quite pleased because it was stained and looked gross... :BigTeethGrin:

It's funny how your attitudes change towards your braces when youve had them for a while isn't it? I'm so much more laid back now! If I lost a power chain 9 months ago I would have been so stressed out!

My front teeth, both upper and lower are so staight though! I'm so excited that my smile is nice and straight. :tingrin: I guess what takes such a long time though is closing the gaps and sorting out the bite... which is rubbish! I can only eat on the right side of my mouth because the molars on the left just don't meet at all. Which is a bit bothering...

My appointment to see the jaw surgeon has finally come though though! I'm seeing him and my ortho in a joint appointment to sort out my treatment plan. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure they're going to give me some kind of a jaw implant on the left to sort out the asymmetry. The only problem is that my appointment is on the last day of term :( It's my last day with my class and the 'goodbye' afternoon before the big summer holidays... then I'll have a new class in September! I'll miss them so much. Everyone has told my that your first class is always special to you... It's a bit of a dilema because the next available appointment after that is not till august a nd I'd love to get my surgery out of the way as soon as possible... what to do?!!

I don't have any photos just now, but i will try to sort some out this wekend and get them posted!

Cheers, happy Saturday to everyone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MsTee

#15 Post by MsTee »

Hi Gempop!

I'm new to the board. I read through your thread, and see that we have some things in common! I majored in English during college. Now I'm a high school English teacher! I have also found ways to manipulate the camera and give a great smile from my "good side." Once I am able to post pics, you'll see what I mean. You're one of the posters on this board that's inspiring me to toy w/ the possibility of getting ceramics on top & metals on the bottom...thanks! :)

*~Ms Tee~*