Braced at 33

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mybracedjourney

Braced at 33

#1 Post by mybracedjourney »

Hi Everyone! I've been visiting this website since October last year, when I finally decided to get braces. I've read almost all the posts in the forum and learned a great deal. You all are amazing and are providing a huge amount of inspiration for newbies like myself. Thank you so much, everyone!

Here's my story:

“I feel like my mouth has been hit by a baseball bat. I can’t take this anymore!” I cried shamelessly, sitting at the dentist’s fifteen years ago. My parents’ coaxing, explaining, and bribing did not work at all, and I literally ordered the dentist to remove the awful, painful metal braces off my teeth. Then I went back home, happy and pain-free, to study for my finals.

A year later my face was literally hit by a baseball bat and broke my front tooth! I went and had a root canal and a dental crown attached to fix the tooth. I think I was told that it was a temporary thing, but I forgot and got on with my life.

The overbite and ugly gaps between my teeth did not bother me at all until I graduated from university and entered the professional phase of my life. I met beautiful, well-dressed executives on a daily basis, sporting that million dollar smile. I began feeling very conscious about my teeth and it started to bother me a lot. Looking back at my reflection in the mirror, I imagine myself having straight pearly whites. In my dreams I had a perfect smile. Unfortunately, as much as I had wanted to fix my teeth, I couldn’t afford the treatment.

Today I decide to take the plunge, bear the pain, and complete my dental treatment at all costs. I am 33 years old, married, working full time, and can easily afford to pay for the braces. My goal is to have that perfect smile on my 35th birthday. It also helps a lot that my husband is incredibly supportive.

Follow my progress at: bracedjourney [dot] wordpress [dot] com

dojo

Re: Braced at 33

#2 Post by dojo »

Welcome to the community and best of luck with your journey. Make sure to keep us posted here too.
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

mybracedjourney

#3 Post by mybracedjourney »

Thank you, dojo!

kellyb

#4 Post by kellyb »

well done for taking the step to a beautiful smile. i can so relate to your story. i got braces a week ago and i am 32 years old. expected to be in them for about 18 mos

workingmomma

#5 Post by workingmomma »

Bravo for taking the plunge on braces! Good luck on your journey. How long do you have to wear them?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I'm already counting down the days until I get these off.

bbbards

#6 Post by bbbards »

I'm braced at 31. It feels like taking a massive plunge for me too. I'm three months in (on the top set) and just got my lowers on today. It didn't take too long to see some changes so keep a track to maintain motivation and a positive mental attitude (sometimes easier said than done...although this site will help).

workingmomma

#7 Post by workingmomma »

BBards- How long do you have to wear yours? Are they metal or did you go with the clear?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I'm already counting down the days until I get these off.

bbbards

#8 Post by bbbards »

Hi workingmomma

I've been given the estimate of 18-20 months. I have the clear damon on top and the clear/metal mix on bottom. I asked for the clear on the bottom too but they said these wouldn't exert enough force.....and I guess there's no arguing with that. I have my fingers crossed it will be at the lower end of their time estimate - I certainly wouldn't want to go much longer than 20 months. I know someone who got theirs done on the NHS (for free) who wore them for 3 years! I'm praying this won't happen to me!

What about you? What's your sentence?