April's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Apessie

April's Story

#1 Post by Apessie »

Hi all!

I'm 27 and ready to get braces! The older I get the more self conscious I become. I have 3 gaps on top and my lowers need pulled in. I went for my consult today and got some great news. The ortho said, 12 to 18 months is how long I'm gonna be wearing them. I will hopefully be getting them on sometime next week. I will post a pre pic as soon as my laptop is out of the shop. I hate bein so short, but typing on this iPod drives me nuts!

lau

Re: April's Story

#2 Post by lau »

congrats on that first step- you'll see changes soon, you'll see. i agree its never a good time, but the sooner you do it, the sooner you can have a great smile and not be self conscious anymore!
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

Apessie

Re: April's Story

#3 Post by Apessie »

Thank you! I got them on today. Metal on top and bottom. I only have 8 teeth done on the bottom. Is that normal? I'm guessing it's because of my bottom teeh only need to be pulled in alittle bit. I'm a little sore. It hurts to bite into food. Pudding, ice cream and applesauce is what I'm going to eat for the next couple of days! I'm so excited to finally have them on! My laptop should be back next week sometime. I will post pics then.