Dom's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BetsyBug

Re: Dom's Story

#106 Post by BetsyBug »

My next appt is on May 22 as well :)

The steel ties are little wires that are twisted around the brackets where the elastic lig usually is, it keeps the archwire in place tighter to get more torque on the teeth that need rotating....super duper fun...lol I have already had a dose of ibuprofen so hopefully they don't hurt too bad tonight.
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

tmroy79

#107 Post by tmroy79 »

Awww, mine is May 23rd. It seemed like a whole group of us had our adjustments yesterday. Actually my adjustments are usually on a Tuesday. I wonder why its a Wednesday this time.

Maia

#108 Post by Maia »

kellyb

#109 Post by kellyb »

hi Dom :D
where are the new pics? :lol:

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

Domino

#110 Post by Domino »

kellyb wrote:hi Dom :D
where are the new pics? :lol:
Hey kellyb.

I keep meaning to take them, and I was just about to, but as I was just eating one of my brackets snapped off! It's the anchor one on my right lower molar. I had a suspicion it was placed too high on my tooth, as I kept feeling it grate against my other tooth each time I'd bite. Now I suppose it finally had enough of that and came off. I'm lucky I didn't swallow it!

I'll have to try and make an appointment on Monday. Once I get the bracket back on I'll take some more pictures, I promise :)
My Story — Braced on 2 March 2012. 4 premolar extractions. Ceramic/clear uppers, metal lowers. Duration of 2 years.
Currently: Third adjustment 19 June (all teeth bracketed!)

kellyb

#111 Post by kellyb »

oh Dom, so sorry to hear about your bracket coming off. hope you manage to get an appointment tomorrow. looking forward to the pics after your appointment. :-*

kellyb

#112 Post by kellyb »

Hi Dom,

Did you manage to get your bracket sorted on Monday?

Domino

#113 Post by Domino »

kellyb wrote:Hi Dom,

Did you manage to get your bracket sorted on Monday?
Hey. Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy.

Yep, he replaced the bracket for me no issue. He said it happens and not to worry about it. He also put it ever so slightly lower on the tooth too, so hopefully it won't grind as much.

I did take some photos, but looking at them makes me realise I see absolutely no difference because the angles aren't perfect... I'll take some more at a later date when I'm not as busy!
My Story — Braced on 2 March 2012. 4 premolar extractions. Ceramic/clear uppers, metal lowers. Duration of 2 years.

Domino

#114 Post by Domino »

Quick update! Sorry I haven't been updating more often, I've been really busy, though there hasn't been much to report anyway.

I had another bracket come off! It was the opposite side this time, my back molar. I guess it's how my bite is, pushing down and putting pressure on those brackets.

I saw my ortho today and it was quite interesting. My appointment for 22 May had to be cancelled as he's going on holiday, so he decided he'd do what he was going to then now instead. He re-tightened everything, kept the same wire as he wants them straighter before putting in a new wire, and then — the interesting bit! — he didn't put the bracket back on. He spent a lot of time looking at my bite and decided he'd change things up a bit (for the better!). In about 6 weeks (I've booked for 19 June, so 7 weeks) he's going to bracket up all of my teeth, as he believes it'll give me a better result. Yay! (I assume this doesn't mean the wisdom tooth, though, but that's fine as I don't think it'd be possible anyway).

I'll try and take some photos soon, as I can definitely see a lot of improvement in my teeth :) I just glimpsed my Day 1 photos and was shocked!

kellyb

#115 Post by kellyb »

hi Dom :D

sorry to hear you had another bracket coming off again. hope that will not be repeated. looking forward to the new photos when you have the time :-* :-*

CleoAZ

#116 Post by CleoAZ »

Dom - I have so enjoyed (is that the right word... given the circumstances :D ) reading about your journey so far. I just started mine, after having two wisdom teeth removed 6 weeks ago. Your experience with dry socket maybe me a little queasy... I am so glad that I was able to avoid that particular joy. Thank you for being so detailed - it helps those of us that are coming along behind you to know what to expect.

Domino

#117 Post by Domino »

Thanks very much, Cleo! That's very nice to hear, and I'm glad what I write helps :D Yeah, the dry socket was no fun...

Here are my latest photos (2 months)! I feel they're a bit overdue, but I'm sort of glad I waited now as the difference is quite striking I think :D

ImageImageImageImage

I'm seeing a lot of change now in the pictures, and I was quite surprised by my upper angle, as there's movement there I wasn't even aware of in the mirror! I guess the movement is pretty self explanatory, but I'm really liking how straight my bottom teeth are getting :D

Now I'm looking forward to getting all my teeth bracketed in 7 weeks and having a new wire (probably!).

kitsune

#118 Post by kitsune »

Dude...your bottom teeth look AMAZING!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I am seriously in awe of how quickly you are seeing dramatic progress.

You must be pleased as punch! :D

kellyb

#119 Post by kellyb »

wow! there has been so much change on the lower arch. amazing

kellyb

#120 Post by kellyb »

just popping in to say hello and hope you are doing great. good luck with your appointment this week