And so it begins! (belated)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Clearmetal

And so it begins! (belated)

#1 Post by Clearmetal »

I was going to post this sooner, but you know how things can go in the summer. I had my uppers put on 6/19. If I'm being honest, I was kinda freaking out the morning of. I had a BIG concern with them taking the impressions. I have a bad gag reflex and after watching some videos (I know bad idea) :D and seeing what was going to happen I just wasn't too sure. But my ortho and his team were just AWESOME! I had no problems with the impressions and no problems when they put my braces on. The bottoms are going to be awhile I think. I hope its before the holidays. I don't want to miss out on all the food.

Not wanting to jinx it but no real pain so far. Nothing a couple of Advil won't take care of. That might change as they change to a thicker wire.

I'd like to thank all of you that have posted your stories, it really did help me finally take the plunge!

MakeKeyOver

Re: And so it begins! (belated)

#2 Post by MakeKeyOver »

Congratulations! I'm getting my braces in a couple weeks & have my final records appointment tomorrow. I'm really excited but also extremely anxious and worried. I keep having dreams that all my teeth have fallen out so trust me, I understand how you were feeling before.

Uglytiger

#3 Post by Uglytiger »

Congratulations on your braces journey! I'm going to have braces in a month time & I'm very excited about this. I had 2 premolars extracted last week, now it's time to waiting for them to heal & braces will be on. Yay!

BraceFace2o1o

#4 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Just wanted to stop by and say hi :). Congrats on starting your orthodontic journey!
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

NICURN85

#5 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats on starting your journey!! I am 3 almost 4 days in with my brackets and spacers. So far I have not had any pain, but it has been so uncomfortable to eat with these dang spacers in!!! Please keep us updated on your status!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Clearmetal

#6 Post by Clearmetal »

Well, Congrats to all of the posters that are starting their ortho journeys too! :jump:
I have to go back next week for my 1 month appointment. Hard to believe its been a month already. I hope the rest of them go this quick.

Clearmetal

#7 Post by Clearmetal »

Went back for my one month today. The ortho said things were going great, so he put on a thicker wire. I think he said something about a .016 wire. Well, I remember saying something about no pain?, well I spoke to soon I think. Tried to eat a MickeyD's for dinner and the first bite, well let's just say my teeth are a little touchy. So I guess it will be baked potatoes, scrambled eggs and milkshakes for a couple of days. :lol:

Mitch11

#8 Post by Mitch11 »

Congratulations on your new wire !!!!

My commiserations on the dinner, I had to go to my sis's place for dinner on Day 2 after getting my braces - not cool at all. I ate mushed up spaghetti and meatballs with a plastic spoon. My teeth were so sensitive I had to feed myself like how a momma bird feeds her chicks. This super-sensitivity just lasted a couple of days, but it was so funny.

Well good luck with the braces!!!

Clearmetal

#9 Post by Clearmetal »

It's been about 2weeks since the new wire was put on, and the front 4 are still touchy. Just have to remember to take smaller bites. Ha. I didnt think they would stay this way. Im debating if i should call and ask them, but i dont want to sound "whinny". Anyone have ideas?

Clearmetal

#10 Post by Clearmetal »

Went back to the ortho yesterday. The soreness is normal, but I'm sure there will be more. He removed the bracket on the tooth I need pulled. That's coming in the next couple of weeks when I get the guts to call the surgeon. LOL! I'm suppose to get fully braced on Sept. 4th. More fun to come. 2 months down and 20 to go, I hope.

Mitch11

#11 Post by Mitch11 »

Good luck with the extraction. You got to remember that the faster that happens, the faster it heals and then the braces will close up the gaps. Then the sooner the braces come off :tingrin:

Hope all goes well.

Clearmetal

#12 Post by Clearmetal »

Sorry, been away for a awhile. Mitch11, I know you are right. Going to have the extraction right after the holiday. That's as soon as the surgen is available. Still getting bottom braced 9/4. Call me crazy, but I'm kinda looking forward to it! :-*

Clearmetal

#13 Post by Clearmetal »

Well, I got bottom braced today! I know I said that I was looking forward to it, but now I'm not so sure. Im not having any pain but the brackets on my 2nd molars are cutting into my cheeks. Good thing I stocked up on Advil and wax. I tried to eat a baked potato for lunch. It didn't work out the way I thought. It seemed like I had a mouth full of putty. Guess I'll be enjoying milkshakes for a couple of days. :D

Mitch11

#14 Post by Mitch11 »

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
Yay !!!
Congratulations!

I know how you feel, on Day 1 my second thoughts had second thoughts.
Milkshakes, yoghurt and soup was my diet in the first week.

Clearmetal

#15 Post by Clearmetal »

Ok, I finally got the nerve and went to the surgen. My ortho wanted me to have two teeth pulled. One on top and one on the opposite side on the bottom. The surgen didn't want to do both at the same time. It could be because he didn't want me to starve or maybe he wanted to double dip so to speak. :wink: He said he wanted me to be able to eat solid food and I believe him. So I see him this Friday to continue this journey. My ortho wants to see me on Monday to put a full wire back on the top, but I think I'll wait and see how it goes. Wish me luck!