Day 10 with my first pic's

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LisaH

Day 10 with my first pic's

#1 Post by LisaH »

Here I am trying to hide my smile, then the next shots are me on day 1 then again on day 10. I think I see some movement already. My front teeth seem to be moving out and the side teeth seem to be moving back into place a tiny bit. As you can see my top teeth are ceramic most of the way back and my bottom do not have braces in the front yet. He just put them on the back teeth to get them ready. If I close my teeth you cannot see my bottom teeth at all so I need to have my top front teeth moved out to make room for the bottoms! Ugh, I'm so excited and will try to do a better job with the future pics. Thanks for all your stories. They are all so encouraging and got me to get braced myself!
Last edited by LisaH on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JeepGirl

#2 Post by JeepGirl »

Hi Lisa!

I was looking at your pictures and I thought, "Your teeth look like mine!" I am in my 10th day of ceramic (top only) braces and have the same "rollercoaster" look you have on your top teeth. I am very much looking forward to my teeth coming down so that great look goes away. :lol:

My bottoms are not braced yet as well and my tops are covering up my bottoms like yours. I have noticed already some movement in my front teeth like you have. I find myself constantly checking in my mirror for any signs of movement. (Pretty sad, right? )

Anyways, I am so excited to find a teeth twin! :-88

Good luck to you and keep us posted! Thanks for posting the pictures! :rawk:

LisaH

#3 Post by LisaH »

Hi Jeepgirl!

I'm so happy to find a tooth twin also! I figured that posting pic's was the only to really let people track the progress of my type of problem. I too keep checking the mirror and think if I push real hard all day long on them with my tongue. I can get them to move faster!! haha Anyway I will post every couple of weeks. Thanks for your response!

JeepGirl

#4 Post by JeepGirl »

Just so you can compare, here's my picture....

Sorry about it being blurry...I haven't figured out how to take EXTREME close-ups yet!

LisaH

#5 Post by LisaH »

Looks Familiar! Thanks for sharing... I'm new with the pic thing too

marcTO

#6 Post by marcTO »

JeepGirl wrote:Just so you can compare, here's my picture....

Sorry about it being blurry...I haven't figured out how to take EXTREME close-ups yet!
do you not have a wire in yet?
Top and Bottom Braces Full Ceramic
----------------------------------------------

JeepGirl

#7 Post by JeepGirl »

marcTO,

I do have a wire, you just can't see it due to the poor quality of that picture. I apologize for having such a blurry picture! :roll:

marcTO

#8 Post by marcTO »

JeepGirl wrote:marcTO,

I do have a wire, you just can't see it due to the poor quality of that picture. I apologize for having such a blurry picture! :roll:
Its ok..is it a ceramic coated wire??
Top and Bottom Braces Full Ceramic
----------------------------------------------

JeepGirl

#9 Post by JeepGirl »

marcTO,

It is just a regular metal wire, no coating. I also have "wire ties" instead of ligs. Hope that helps!

JeepGirl

jennielee81

#10 Post by jennielee81 »

LisaH,

You're right, your teeth look like mine did!!!

You are SO WELL on your way to a beautiful smile!

I hope your upper lip is feeling better.

Keep us posted and always include pictures.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

LisaH

jennielee81

#11 Post by LisaH »

Hi jennielee81
Your teeth look great! How long did it take before you noticed a difference in your teeth?
Also I was wondering, my teeth felt loose for the first week, then only a couple were sore, then for a few days they all felt great and strong, but today my front teeth are starting to hurt again and I have a headache. Does this happen all the time? Do you fee like they're moving, stopping then moving again all before any new adjustments? Just curious.. I guess I equate the pain with progress! haha Thanks Lisa

jennielee81

#12 Post by jennielee81 »

Hi LisaH.

It was 3-4 weeks before I saw serious changes in my front teeth. You also have opals? It looks like it from your pictures. KOOL!

Yes, it's normal for self-ligating brackets to move a little now and then a little later and on and on like that. That's one reason they are said to work faster. They continue moving teeth longer than traditional braces because there are no rubber ligatures to cause friction on the wires.

It was 2 months before my front teeth didn't feel loose, spongy, and achy. Now they're nice and solid yet still moving...how is that possible?

I easily ate 3 ears of corn on the cob the other night.

Hang in there, the time will fly by. Everyone told me that in the beginning and it turns out to be true!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

LisaH

#13 Post by LisaH »

Hi,
Mine are Ceramic, I do have elastics. So I guess mine will take longer than yours......bummer with i knew about Damons and Opals earlier.
Oh Well.
Your teeth are looking absolutely beautiful, you must be thrilled! I can't wait until mine start shaping up.
I know i'll be soon.
Bye for now.... Keep the pics coming!