Tomorrow is the BIG day. Anyone else?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Tooth

Tomorrow is the BIG day. Anyone else?

#1 Post by Tin Tooth »

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow is my braces day! I am 26 and finally decided it was now or never to get braces. I am so excited that I can't stop talking about braces, reading about braces and asking anyone who has had braces questions! EK! I am nervous about the pain, and about what foods I can't eat. But what about foods I can eat? Do ortho's give a list of what to eat?

I get self ligating braces, top 6 teeth ceramic and the rest, including bottom are metal. I had a cleaning yesterday from my dentist and a filling. I AM ALL SET! Any advice to prep myself for tomorrow?! Anyone else getting braces tomorrow or this week? We can share our experiences together!
Well thanks for reading this, I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow!

Becky

Helly

Re: Tomorrow is the BIG day. Anyone else?

#2 Post by Helly »

Hope all goes ok Becky!

I'm 27 and have been to arrange my brace today. I have to have 4 extractions first due to overcrowding at the bottom. I'm having clear at the top and metal at the bottom.

I'm now excited about getting my brace fitted as I believe it doesn't hurt to be fitted at all and can't wait to have yummy straight teeth!

I'm trying to be really positive about getting my brace, I've been unhappy for years and never had a dentist who was bothered in trying to help me fix my teeth but a year ago joined my current dentist and he's brilliant and so is my orthodontist. I do work full time and in an office so am a little worried about going to work after my extractions as there will be gaps but am assured there will be none by the time by bad boys are working their magic!

Good luck! And I'm sure this will be you when your done.... :BigGrin:

Helly

oktobergoud

#3 Post by oktobergoud »

Hope all goes well! :)

To me, it wasn't as horrible as I imagined it! Yes, sure, my mouth was sore for the first 2 weeks and I lost a bit of weight (which was only good ;) too bad I gained it all back haha), but it wasn't super painful. I didn't have any wounds in my mouth, but my teeth were extremely sensitive. Eating is difficult, but you'll adjust after a few weeks! You'll be back to eating normally (sort of) in no time! :)

I don't think there's a way to prepare yourself.. just let it happen ;) Oh and maybe take some painkillers before you go in? So they can start doing their work during the treatment? :)

smorse

#4 Post by smorse »

Congratulations on getting braces! It really will be worth it in the end. I got mine on about two months ago.
My orthodontist gave me a list of foods to not eat, and a list of foods to eat while your teeth are sore.
They told me to stay away from gum, tostitos, doritos, anything too crunchy, popcorn, pretzels, etc. Basically anything that you think would hurt the wire or your brackets. (I snuck in a tostito at one point and it broke off a bracket, I don't recommend it)
For the first week you want to stick to yogurt, pudding, milkshakes, mashed potatoes, anything soft basically because your teeth will probably be sore.

Talk to your orthodontist if they don't give you a list! :D
Sarah's Braces Adventure!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43146

Braced on August 17th, 2012 with bite turbos to fix a deep bite.
Exposure surgery on January 3rd, 2013 to expose canine.
Elastic attached to canine on January 10th, 2013.
Estimated: 18 - 24 months in braces.

Tin Tooth

#5 Post by Tin Tooth »

Thank you sooo much everyone! You all are so sweet, I love this forum already!

I hope I can sleep tonight, thats how excited I am!

Braceland

#6 Post by Braceland »

Good Luck Becky ! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
I'm having mine fitted next week. Like you, I'm also excited and getting a bit "brace obsessed" !

NICURN85

#7 Post by NICURN85 »

Good luck tomorrow!!! I would suggest you take a pain med that you would usually take for a headache so it can start working. The second day is usually the worse but everyone is different. Hopefully you will not have too much pain. If you can eat all the food you will not be able to eat for a while tonight. I spent a whole week eating foods I knew I would not be able to eat once my braces go on. For the first 1-2 weeks you will probably want to stick to soft foods. I'm wishing you the best for tomorrow and let us know how it goes and if you can post pics! This is a great site to keep up with your progress as I have from day one!! Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Tin Tooth

#8 Post by Tin Tooth »

I have been eating chewy candies all day and plan on eating nachos with my moms home made salsa later LOL!!! YUM!

The first thing I will be doing tomorrow is taking a pic and letting all of you see my pretty new braces! :D

oktobergoud

#9 Post by oktobergoud »

And?? How did it go? :)

Tin Tooth

#10 Post by Tin Tooth »

Hey!!!!
It went better than I expected! It took about an hour to put the braces on and OMG my mouth feels so weird. I cant stop thinking about these braces. I had some pain in my front teeth a few hours after they were on but advil really helps and so does aleeve.

Thanks for checking in on me oktobergoud! I will post pics to my braces stories and tell a little more about how the day went yesterday and all that!

Helly

#11 Post by Helly »

Yay! Glad all went well :D