30yr old - just got braces!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceshereicome

Re: 30yr old - just got braces!

#16 Post by braceshereicome »

Thank you! You too. So exciting isn't it? Eeeek!!! Lol

NICURN85

#17 Post by NICURN85 »

Your teeth are looking amazing! You must be excited!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Angel269

#18 Post by Angel269 »

They look fab-remarkable changes :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Braceland

#19 Post by Braceland »

Wow ! The transformation of your teeth is amazing, they look fantastic and your story/photos are very inspirational.
January will be here before you know it !

Gravecat

#20 Post by Gravecat »

So happy you are doing this for yourself!

I am middle-aged and just got braces 3 days ago. What an experience. Pain, pain and more pain but I am happy to finally do this.

I am so glad I found this website and forum. I feel so alone in all this, but now I can connect with everyone here for questions and support. Every post I've read seems so very nice and the people here are very encouraging, helpful ad supportive. The advice is wonderful, too.

Your recent picture is lovely! What a stunning transformation! Isn't it wonderful what modern dentistry/ortho treatment can do? I'm always amazed by the "before" and "after" pictures of ortho treatment!

Roboto

#21 Post by Roboto »

I looove those Radiance brackets! So jealous! ..and your teeth are beeeeeautiful!! :jump: :D

catj1981

#22 Post by catj1981 »

That transformation is amazing! Love it!!! As a newbie, this is the type of thing I need to see to reassure myself that be made the right decision. Thank you.

braceshereicome

#23 Post by braceshereicome »

Thank you! It is amazing to me and has been from day one. It's a little miracle for me haha, something I have been so unhappy with for so long - and nearly done. I feel very excited and proud of myself for sorting it out.

I can say to those new to all this - it is worth it. Every last bit of it! I had four teeth removed and I was terrified, but it's worth it. I had to do a very new, very visible role at work, delivering training, presenting to Directors etc - all nerve wracking but still worth it. I see people looking at my braces all the time but I just smile widely and go with the flow. No one really ever mentions them and they'll have forgotten all about it in a few months, once my teeth are naked. I can also honestly say my teeth haven't hurt too much. Yes a bit of course, but nowhere near the agony I was expecting lol. Just discomfort most of the time really.

My only fear now is the braces coming off - I guess it's like child birth! You know it's coming but you can't worry too much about it...it's gonna happen no matter what you do haha

xxx

JMSmith

#24 Post by JMSmith »

W-O-W!!! How awesome!! My teeth were crowded almost exactly like yours. I've been in braces for about 9 months now and have just now got the left lateral incisor on the archwire and it is SO EXCITING!! Now, reading your story and seeing your progress in such a short time has me even more giddy. I'm glad I stumbled upon your posts and I can't wait to see a picture once the braces come off!! :-*

~Jana

braceshereicome

#25 Post by braceshereicome »

DEBRACE DATE!!!! 29 January 2013. Woooooohooooooo! Lol

Tobilei

#26 Post by Tobilei »

Congratulations!!! I bet you can't wait :mrgreen:

SunshineRay

#27 Post by SunshineRay »

your teeth look amazing!

oktobergoud

#28 Post by oktobergoud »

braceshereicome wrote:DEBRACE DATE!!!! 29 January 2013. Woooooohooooooo! Lol
Congrats! Your teeth are looking AWESOME :D What a transformation! :)

braceshereicome

Re: 30yr old - just got braces! UPDATE BRACES OFF!!!!

#29 Post by braceshereicome »

So they are off!

And here's what they used to be like....

braceshereicome

#30 Post by braceshereicome »

So Tuesday 29th Jan they came off. I was sooooo nervous. Scared of the brackets popping off and the sanding and everything else. It took about an hour in total, but I had bonded retainers too and molds taken for night time full retainers. It wasn't all pain lol!

It was uncomfortable, and a bit painful on my bottom front teeth which are sensitive, but all in all it was ok. Three days on and I am still struggling to get used to this new smile. Feels so odd, like it's not my face or my teeth! Feels like I'm wearing dentures to be honest lol. The bonded retainers are irritating and make me have a lisp when speaking, but it's getting better and less noticeable. Worth it I guess to keep my teeth nice and straight.

Wouldn't change a thing though. So glad I did this. It's all paid for now, the worst is totally over and I can now smile with confidence. Once I teach myself how to smile again without braces haha! 18 months really really flew by, I can't believe it to be honest!!!!

xxx