Hi! Finally its happening ;)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Tooth

Hi! Finally its happening ;)

#1 Post by Tin Tooth »

Hello everyone.
I am very excited to have started this forum! I am 26 and will be getting braces on thursday. I am so nervous but so excited. I get 6 ceramic on top, and the rest are metal (bottom metal too). I have severe crowding on the bottom, top teeth are too bad. I have an overbite as well.

The biggest thing I am nervous about is when other people will notice. I work with farmers and some are older who are not shy to say the least. I just hope I don't get bugged. And I have meetings with people I work with and we all eat lunch together (usually subs, oh great) and I am nervous about eating in front of people.
Especially 3 days after my braces go on. Is it even possible to eat a sub 3 days after braces are on? Well, I will update when braces are on.

Thanks for reading this :) Talk to you all soon!

teambathmat

Re: Hi! Finally its happening ;)

#2 Post by teambathmat »

Good luck Tin tooth!, I am 34 and had my braces put on yesterday (top only) .......Am sure it will be worth it in the end! :D

Roboto

#3 Post by Roboto »

Good luck, Tin Tooth! There are a lot of us around the same age here on the board (I'm 26 too :) ) so we can definitely commiserate. I would say subs are going to be difficult on day 3 but you might be able to pick it apart and eat little pieces at a time. As far as people asking about them, I find that I much much much prefer when people ask me about them. Sometimes they just stare at your mouth and that makes me really self-conscious.. just go ahead and ask already!! lol Once you talk about it and everyone gets the story, that's usually the end of it. Nobody really cares other than us lol.

Take pictures!! :)

catj1981

#4 Post by catj1981 »

I would have to agree with Roboto. I too was scared/nervous about what people were going to say when they saw me. But it's usually just a "whoa...what's in your mouth?" 'Braces' "oh, cool" Then it's never brought up again. I've had my braces a couple days shy of 2 weeks and I can't imagine trying to bite into a sub. I'm sure if you tear it into smaller pieces it wouldn't be too bad, but my teeth were so sensitive and sore (day 3 was actually the worst) the first few days. I just started eating things with some solidity to it a few days ago! :) Good luck to you! Looking forward to following your journey.

Funsizee

#5 Post by Funsizee »

Yay! I'm also 26 and will be getting mine next week... I've been lurking around here for quite sometime and finally decided to just go for it.

I am getting metal damon braces (possibly with TADS) to fix my bimaxillary protrusion and some crowding.

My biggest concern is the pain after and not being able to eat because of the pain :(

steph56

#6 Post by steph56 »

Hello, everyone. I've had mine a month now. I haven't had any pain. Just a steady pressure which gets worse after eating and after brushing. The waterpik jet stream really sooths any discomfort. I admit I had to take Motrin the 1st 3 weeks. The 2nd week was the worst. I don't really need any Motrin now. I couldn't floss until last week as the teeth seemed to tighten up at first and I couldn't get the floss between them. Now they are starting to loosen up (have tiny spaces between) and some of them are a little wiggly; I can feel them move.

I still can only consume soups and mashed potatoes and things like tuna salad or chicken salad. I cannot bite meats with the front teeth yet as they're still sensitive and I had to get my wisdoms pulled to make room (crowding issue on lowers). So there is nothing to bite in the back with (yet) and when I do try to chew on my next to last back teeth, it is still too sensitive., It will get better, I am told.

But offhand, I'd say there has been very little discomfort.

Not able to floss was annoying. But I'm finally seeing some progress. I have all the time in the world (est. time is 2 years). It is exciting to see things changing slowly. One of my lower teeth was rotated sideways (so crooked) and it seems like it's starting
to move in the right direction.

The fun has just begun!!
Steph