Viking's story (asymetric lower jaw and crowded teeth)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Viking

Re: Viking's story (asymetric lower jaw and crowded teeth)

#16 Post by Viking »

Status today: 10 weeks top braces, 3 weeks lower braces.

(I need to get a better camera or learn how to use Photoshop. My teeth are not that yellow........)

Tin Tooth

#17 Post by Tin Tooth »

Hi Viking!
Just wanted to tell you that your teeth look really great. Your top teeth have moved so much in 10 weeks and look awesome.

Viking

#18 Post by Viking »

Tin Tooth wrote:Hi Viking!
Just wanted to tell you that your teeth look really great. Your top teeth have moved so much in 10 weeks and look awesome.
Thanks! It was four weeks before I could see any movement on the top teeth and I hope to see something on the bottom teeth soon.

I feel that the top teeth have stopped moving now and I think I will get a thicker top wire on my next visit in five weeks.

BetsyBug

#19 Post by BetsyBug »

Hi Viking!! Your teeth are really straightening out!!! The picture thing is frustrating to me as well. If I use the macro setting and flash I usually get decent pictures, but I have to be careful because the flash can over expose the picture as well... so I have had to do some photoshop just to get enough contrast which in turns make things look more yellow.... oh well. Even if they were yellow as soon as we get our hardware off we can get them bleached to be dazzling white :)
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Viking

#20 Post by Viking »

Latest update is that I have got a thicker square wire on the top teeth.

Week 0:

Week 19 (top) and 12 (bottom):

Viking

#21 Post by Viking »

This is the current status after 8 months (upper) and 6 months (lower). I have received transparent power chains to correct the midline. The power chains are placed on the left side on the upper jaw and on the right side on the lower.

GSBraces

#22 Post by GSBraces »

Wow! What a progress!

lilone

#23 Post by lilone »

Wow..it`s amazing how quickly major changes have happened! You must be so pleased! Is it getting easier to imagine that there will be life after braces?

junglejulie

#24 Post by junglejulie »

AMAZING PROGRESS!!!

Getting rid of my diastema, finally

starfish88

#25 Post by starfish88 »

Wow! not only are your teeth much straighter but your smile much wider too! It looks awsome!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

Viking

#26 Post by Viking »

lilone wrote:Wow..it`s amazing how quickly major changes have happened! You must be so pleased! Is it getting easier to imagine that there will be life after braces?
Yes, first nothing happened, then a lot happened and now it is back to nothing happening. My ortho wants the front teeth to get stuck at their new positions before closing the gaps from the extracted premolars. Approximately 12 months more to go before braces can come off.

Viking

#27 Post by Viking »

starfish88 wrote:Wow! not only are your teeth much straighter but your smile much wider too! It looks awsome!
Yes, I have seen that the smile looks wider too, but that may be due to the fact that I use a cheap compact camera that are not so good at taking pictures at close range. Moving the camera a centimeter may give a large change in how the picture looks.

Ellabelle

#28 Post by Ellabelle »

Your teeth are looking fabulous! What great progress!

Viking

#29 Post by Viking »

Long time since last post, but nothing exciting has happened. I have received the strongest (thickest) archwire for both upper and lower teeth. I also have four powerchains to close the gaps left by the extracted premolars.

My teeth had tilted to compensate for my tilted lower jaw and now as the teeth are straightened there is a quite large distance between upper and lower teeth on the left side - marked by a green arrow in the picture below. Note also that the mid line that was around 4 mm shifted is now straight.

Viking

#30 Post by Viking »

Long time here wothout any posts, but now I have had surgery on my lower jaw. The surgery was 11 days ago and the swelling is finaly starting to go down.

I cannot move my lips enough to get any pictures of my teeth, but I will post some new pictures when I do.