Any positive results from BICUSPID EXTRACTIONS (PREMOLARS)??

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lolasays

Any positive results from BICUSPID EXTRACTIONS (PREMOLARS)??

#1 Post by Lolasays »

Hi Im 19 and I have previously had non extraction braces with little success. I am due to get orthodontic treatment in september for my protruding front (4mm overjet) and lower teeth . I have lip incompetence (7/8mm) when my lips are at rest. My profile is ok in my opinion. But i really want to fix my protruded front teeth and lip incompetence.

My orthodontist gave me two options:

1. I could have no teeth extracted and all teeth pushed back with braces. My teeth will improve but there will still be a bit of protrusion due to my large front teeth. He says that it may not help with the lip incompetence but it is worth a try. ~ btw this is the treatment i had 5 years ago which relapsed and didnt even look that great when finished.

2. I could have 4 bicuspids extracted. Which will push my teeth and lips back. Which will hopefully improve my lip incompetence as well as my teeth.

I am really considering extractions but I have read many horror stories on how it ruined their face etc.
If it helps my sister had similar teeth to me ( more crowding), she hax extractions and braces... And her whole face profile improved and she has this lovely apple shapped chin now.

Should i go ahead with the extractions as i have a really good feeling about it??
And feel free to share your extraxtion experiences!!

Thanks.

Timetoshine

Re: Any positive results from BICUSPID EXTRACTIONS (PREMOLAR

#2 Post by Timetoshine »

Hi

I have severe crowding and have had 4 biscupid extractions, on same day I was braced.

You can see my braces journey on Our Braces Story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45128

...and a forum post after I had extractions/braces here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=44479

I only have sectional wires (that is only my front teeth have the arch wire attached) and I am due to have molar bands and rest of teeth wired up in 3 weeks time. At the moment I don't like the arching up of my teeth at the front, but guessing this will move once I have full arch wire on.

Everyone says things get worse before they get better while you have braces on - its true. The end result is what counts!
[/url]

Bikerchick85

#3 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I'm still in treatment. Read my story. My results are awesome so far! :) good luck with your decision!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Mauvaise

#4 Post by Mauvaise »

I have a small both, so had severe crowding on the bottom and around a 12mm overjet on top. I had all four pre-molars removed prior to getting braces to make room.

I haven't noticed any negative side effects to my appearance, in fact I think I look better now!
In full braces for 2 years, 3 weeks, 1 day.

My Saga (Innovation-C upper/lower) here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=40053