My Braces Journey...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

melanie

Re: My Braces Journey...

#16 Post by melanie »

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I had my braces put on. I am totally pain free at this point. I am still having a bit of trouble biting into food with my front teeth, but I think this is partly in my head and I am afraid of ripping off the brackets or something. I prefer to eat foods that are cut up and chewed with the back teeth. Today for example I had a hotdog and biting into it was a bit of a challenge, but I would not say it hurt- it was just uncomfortable.

I am seeing changes for sure in my bottom teeth, and my upper teeth are looking like they are separating a bit. I've had zero staining on my ligs (light blue/periwinkle) up until last night when I ate some curry. Now the very back ones are turned a lime green color but the fronts are still light blue.
My Story

4.3.13- Fitted for bite splint to help treat TMJ and uneven bite.
5.7.13- Bite pads glued on back molars
5.22.13- Braces put on! Invu ceramic brackets with white archwire
8.28.13-"Smile Adjustment" done at my request. Smoothed down edges of front teeth.
9.25.13- Moved up to a silver finishing wire. No more white archwire for me :(

Kurisu

#17 Post by Kurisu »

Oh wow, the white wire looks practically invisible! You have such nice white teeth :] Glad the pain subsided. I still feel pain, but I'm used to it that it just feels like a slight soreness. However, I like to believe that in this case, it means it's working. :lol: I am also scared of biting with my front teeth - I find that they are fragile since they are not as thick as our molars, right? Glad that you are seeing changes! I only saw changes after getting a new wire.

How long do you have to wear it for? I'm interested in getting the light blue ligs next, now that I see how they look on the brackets. Looking good!

My braces saga
Pictures updated tri-weekly
Braced: 4/27/2013

melanie

#18 Post by melanie »

I feel like time is DRAGGING! I've been braced 5 weeks now, and don't have my first checkup or wire change until week 6, so 1 more week to go. I'm anxious to go in next week, hopefully the wire change doesn't make my teeth as uncomfortable as they were when I first got braced, since its the day before the 4th of July and before we leave for camping.

The last week or so I've had pain in 1 tooth, I don't know if this is because of the braces or a cavity or something, but I am thinking its due to the braces. It hurts to put pressure on the tooth, even pushing on my lip from the outside where that tooth is hurts. Chewing on that tooth is out of the question, and even the pressure from the toothbrush when I brush it quite uncomfortable. Hopefully it is just the tooth moving, and not something wrong with it.

I'm very happy with how my ligs have held up. 5 weeks later they are stain free and still light blue. The VERY back ones turned a lime green from eating some curry but the front ones and all the ones that show are still light blue.

I love the white wire, and hope to get it next time. At first I was nervous because it chipped right away, but those chips are the only ones that have happened, and 5 weeks later they still look nice and I'm the only one who notices the few small chips.

I'll have new pictures with my new wire next week.
My Story

8.28.13-"Smile Adjustment" done at my request. Smoothed down edges of front teeth.

vegetamakai5

#19 Post by vegetamakai5 »

Nice pics, that white wire looks great

melanie

#20 Post by melanie »

It has been a little over 4 months since I got my braces, and I am pretty happy with the results. Up until my last adjustment a few days ago I've had a white archwire but now they moved me into a more heavy duty finishing wire thats a lot more noticeable. Here are my progress pics, from before braces, and a few weeks after getting them.

Image<br>

My Story

melanie

#21 Post by melanie »

The pain from my adjustment a few days ago is gone now for the most part. It hurt pretty bad this time around, probably since the moved to such a stronger wire. Even my lower lip ached all night the day of my adjustment, which I found odd. But I am back to being able to eat pretty normally. I go back in 6 weeks for my next adjustment.
My Story

TrustGodAuburn

#22 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I go for my first adjustment in two days and I'm anxious about the possibility of pain!

Your teeth are looking great!

melanie

#23 Post by melanie »

I am almost 8 months into treatment and at my last appointment last week my ortho told me at my next appt in 4 weeks we will probably make my appointment doe removal as long as my teeth respond to the minor tweaks he put into the wires this last time and I wear my elastics this month. Not totally happy with my front teeth yet one seems more pushed out than the other but hopefully it moves this month.

My Story

melanie

#24 Post by melanie »

My braces are coming off in about 3 weeks! Just a few minor tweaks between now and then and they will be ready.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Story

melanie

#25 Post by melanie »

It has been 9.5 months. Before and now side by side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Story

melanie

#26 Post by melanie »

I have my removal date!! I will get my braces off on April 23rd, two days before my birthday, which will be almost exactly 11 months from the time I got them put on. I am so excited!

I am pleased with my results, and know after the dentist does some small smile adjustments at the appointment, and I get to bleach my teeth I will be even more happy with them.

I'll be sure to share pictures after I get them off.
My Story

Anna5

#27 Post by Anna5 »

Congratulations on your debanding very soon! I am already looking forward to seeing a picture of your naked beautiful teeth!

SpottedPickle

#28 Post by SpottedPickle »

Congratulations!! What great timing :)

saramwms

#29 Post by saramwms »

A perfect birthday gift :)

parsleysage

#30 Post by parsleysage »

Wow! Beautiful results. :)