rooroo's Invisalign turned braces story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rooroo

#16 Post by rooroo »

There was some movement, but certainly not 2.6 years down the drain. My bite didn't fit as well, thats all I remember. And it really hurt to bite down the entire time the spacers were in. But once the braces were on things moved really fast. Since your teeth have already been moving they move into place really fast.
2 year Invisalign patient graduated to ceramics to finish up treatment

invisagirl

#17 Post by invisagirl »

Thanks for the info rooroo!! Its so nice to have someone to ask these questions to cause you've completed the road I'm currently on!!! When I was flossing last night the space between two teeth felt huge (which meant my front teeth are starting to crowd again) so I cut up my aligner so it would still marginally work. Crazy yes, but I slept better :wink:

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

rooroo

#18 Post by rooroo »

Well any damage those spacers did will be fixed in no time with the braces. How are they by the way? You just got them on yesterday, right? I posted in your story too asking the same question.

So two more weeks till I get them off. I'm starting to get really impatient now. Luckly work is extremely busy this week, and next Thursday I'll be heading out to LA for a wedding. I'll be there until Tuesday the 5th, and I get the braces off the morning of the 6th. I have an appointment next Wednesday morning to get my upper powerchain changed (it's been stained since the 3rd day I had it :cry: ). I secretly hope my ortho will say I can take my braces off that appointment, but it's only a hope, not an expectation.

I'm now debating whether I want the Essex or Hawley retainers. I'm not too concerned about getting used to talking with a Hawley. I'd like the invisibleness of the Essex but I also would like the durability of the Hawley. Plus I've already been in Essex retainers (practically) with Invisalign, so I'd like to try something new. I just don't want to regret my decision. Maybe my ortho will make the decision for me...

Anyway, that was more a rant than an update.

Hope everyone is well! :-1

rooroo

#19 Post by rooroo »

They're off!!!

I was hoping my ortho would take them off today, and she did! I go away on vacation tomorrow morning for a week. I didn't have a chance to take pictures so I will take some on vacation and post them when I get back.

I'll get my retainers next wednesday. They'll be hawley's in clear pink.

So excited!!! Talk to everyone next week.

caryca

#20 Post by caryca »

I am happy for you!!!!

It must have been a really nice appoitment with your ortho:-) This type of suprices are really nice :D
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

invisagirl

#21 Post by invisagirl »

That is soooooooo awesome!!! You must be thrilled!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

rooroo

#22 Post by rooroo »

Sorry I haven't posted pics yet. I promise I will post later tonight. I was in LA for a week and have been busy with work since I got back. I got my hawley's Yesterday morning. They downright suck. It feels like theres a mile of plastic between my tongue and the roof of my mouth. Talking is embarrasing. And all my teeth hurt. I know it will all fade away in a day or two, but right now I don't like them except that they feel way more heavy duty than Invisaligns.

My trip to LA was wonderful though. My boyfriend proposed to me, so I am now officially engaged! We went to his brothers wedding which was gorgeous, and stayed at his brothers house which had a pool so lots of relaxation time. In general it was really nice, especially because I didn't have to worry about what I was drinking or eating since there were no ligs to stain.

That's the recap of my first week without braces. I'll post pics tonight!

*hotslinthesun*

#23 Post by *hotslinthesun* »

I've just read through your journey and it is quite inspiring, I can't wait until my braces come off too. Congratulations on your engagement! My boyfriend of 5 years just took me to Las Vegas last week and proposed as well. It'll be a long engagement for us though because I still have 2 years left in braces and am hoping to have them off before we get married. But after 5 years together what's another 2 right? So are you sick of being asked when the big day is yet? :) Congrats again!
Full ceramic braces 08/10/2005

invisagirl

#24 Post by invisagirl »

That's so awesome!!!! Congrats on the engagement!!!! :D

rooroo

Finally got some pictures!!!

#25 Post by rooroo »

Here they are. First my teeth during my trip to LA. They look so nice and white against the lipstick. I need to wear lipstick more often.

Now after my trip to LA. I'd been without braces or retainers for 7 days so things had shifted a little. After a few weeks of retainers they look great again.

And these are my retainers.

It's taken me over a week to learn how to talk with them, and just now I feel like I sound almost normal. I don't talk much at work though so it's probably taken me longer than it would for most.

So everyone askes the question "Would you do it again?" I have to say I absolutely would. I'm so happy to have my teeth look straight and beautiful (although yellow, we're taking care of that soon). And I would absolutely go through braces again. I'd skip Invisalign if I knew then what I know now and I would of been done a year earlier! But I know had I never done Invisalign, I would have never straightened my teeth, or not for a long time. I'm estatic with the outcome!

*hotinthesun* Congrats on your engagement! We had talked about waiting close to two years for a spring wedding but decided we didn't really care what time of year our wedding was. So we're doing it next October 2006. That gives me plenty of time to plan. I was asked over and over again at the wedding we went to when the date was... I had no idea at the time, was just basking in all of the attention. Get your engagement story down to the T because you'll tell it a hundred times. I've told it maybe 30, so I figure I've got 70 more times before our wedding to tell it. Good luck with everything!

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone else!

caryca

#26 Post by caryca »

WOW! there are really nice!

I think you must be pleased with the final results!
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

rooroo

#27 Post by rooroo »

It's been awhile since I posted so I figured I should do a 3 month followup on the retainers. They were really tough to get used to, but I'm pretty good with them now. I still have certain words that are a little tough to pronounce, but I expect that with all this plastic on the roof of my mouth. I wear them about 16-20 hours a day, and will continue to do this for another 3-5 months. I'll go to nighttime only after that for 2 or more years. My ortho says everything is settling in nicely and he's very please with the outcome. So am I! I think over these 3 months my teeth have settled into an even nicer position, and since my gums and soft tissue around my teeth have settled into the new positions too, everything looks like it belongs where it is. My smile really looks nice. My parents are thrilled that all that money they spent achieved a fantastic outcome.

As far as the rest of my life is concerned, I'm in the thick of planning my wedding for October 2006 and trying to pay some debt so my fiance and I can buy a house in 2007. I work a lot as the video game company I'm working for will be releasing a game early in 2006.

Well time to go watch DVR back logged episodes of Lost. I hope everyone is well!