Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#91 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Here is my Week 0 to Week 13 Upper progress, you'll notice spaces forming between the laterals and canines. My laterals are too small to support a fully rounded out arch and will have to be built up by bonding at the end of treatment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

mapleleafman888

#92 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:Your next adjustment is almost here! Exciting. I am noticing no changes at all since my last adjustment. I feel like both of these wires are done, and I don't get another adjustment until Dec. 30.

I guess I'm in the "boring" phase of braces???
Yes, less than 6 days! I know the feeling, braces are boring for the 4-5 weeks that theres no changes between adjustments.

TrustGodAuburn

#93 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I had a surprise adjustment (early). WOOHOO! I have already started noticing little changes from the wire ties he put on two teeth to get them moving. Ouch!

mapleleafman888

#94 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:I had a surprise adjustment (early). WOOHOO! I have already started noticing little changes from the wire ties he put on two teeth to get them moving. Ouch!
Nice! How did you manage that?

TrustGodAuburn

#95 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I went in to have a wire clipped that had gotten too long and was poking my cheek, and I asked very nicely if I could get Christmas colored ligs, and he looked and said, "let's just do a full adjustment!" ... I was like - oh wow - ok!

mapleleafman888

#96 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I had my 3rd adjustment today and wow I started to feel the pain like right away!. Guess this makes up for 5 weeks with the braces virtually doing nothing.

I got 0.016x.025 rectangular on top and 0.014x0.025 rectangular on the bottom. The assistant removed my molar build ups from lower 6s and place those horrible bite turbo style ramps on my front upper 1s.

Eating is super weird now lol. It took me 30 mins to pick apart a quarter of a wrap for lunch. Dang!

I also got my first elastics in a class ll configuration (upper 4s to lower 6s).They are the leopard 5/16 size and are 2.5 oz. Ortho said wear them 24/7 from now on. My next adjustment is 8 weeks on February 11th.

laraa

#97 Post by laraa »

good progress :D

chichi

#98 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:I had my 3rd adjustment today and wow I started to feel the pain like right away!. Guess this makes up for 5 weeks with the braces virtually doing nothing.

I got 0.016x.025 rectangular on top and 0.014x0.025 rectangular on the bottom. The assistant removed my molar build ups from lower 6s and place those horrible bite turbo style ramps on my front upper 1s.

Eating is super weird now lol. It took me 30 mins to pick apart a quarter of a wrap for lunch. Dang!

I also got my first elastics in a class ll configuration (upper 4s to lower 6s).They are the leopard 5/16 size and are 2.5 oz. Ortho said wear them 24/7 from now on. My next adjustment is 8 weeks on February 11th.
Congrats on adjustment 3!

Let us know how you feel in the morning. The pain from my first rectangular wires on the lowers kept me up that night... it was pretty awful. At least you know the wires are doing some work though, right? :wink:

I'm sorry they gave you bite turbos :? I hope to never experience them.

What brand elastics does your ortho use? Mine uses the Ormco Zoo Pack elastics, but the Ormco Leopard elastics seem to be used for headgear and don't match the specs of yours.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

mapleleafman888

#99 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote: Congrats on adjustment 3!

Let us know how you feel in the morning. The pain from my first rectangular wires on the lowers kept me up that night... it was pretty awful. At least you know the wires are doing some work though, right?

I'm sorry they gave you bite turbos I hope to never experience them.

What brand elastics does your ortho use? Mine uses the Ormco Zoo Pack elastics, but the Ormco Leopard elastics seem to be used for headgear and don't match the specs of yours.
Thanks!
Well last night these suckers kept me up most of the night even after 1000mg of ibuprofen. This morning is no better either. Back on the liquid and soft food diet for a bit I guess. Yup, I am happy things are moving again- I can see a noticable difference this morning in the arch alignment.
haha I don't wish these silly turbos on anyone!
These are the ortho organizer smile safari brand.
I'm typing from my phone and am in alot of pain. I'll update this again when I have a better typing and pain situation. Later!

chichi

#100 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Thanks!
Well last night these suckers kept me up most of the night even after 1000mg of ibuprofen. This morning is no better either. Back on the liquid and soft food diet for a bit I guess. Yup, I am happy things are moving again- I can see a noticable difference this morning in the arch alignment.
haha I don't wish these silly turbos on anyone!
These are the ortho organizer smile safari brand.
I'm typing from my phone and am in alot of pain. I'll update this again when I have a better typing and pain situation. Later!
Feeling better yet? If I remember correctly, that horrible throbbing pain was gone in about 2 days, but I was still on a softer diet for probably another week.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

mapleleafman888

#101 Post by mapleleafman888 »

My mouth feels way better today, there's mild aches and tenderness now. The class ll elastics configuration is making my jaw joint feel loose but in a good way.

The lower arch is pretty much as aligned as it can be. The upper is looking ok but these coil springs seem to be keeping the front six teeth from moving to their right positions. I will post photos in about a week or so.

mapleleafman888

#102 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Well it's been 8 days since my adjustment, 95% of the pain is gone....I've been really drooly this time around though. Anyone else experience that after getting rectangular wires?

At my appointment my ortho said he is please with the progress so far, and that the braces were put on quite well but there may need to be a bracket or two repositioned at my Feb 11th adjustment.

Hope everyone had a great christmas!

mapleleafman888

#103 Post by mapleleafman888 »

4 months worth of braces have been completed today!

4/15-18 months = 22%- 27% Complete. One quarter finished, 3 more to go. this ain't super bad :)

Tlal23

#104 Post by Tlal23 »

Love reading your progress. I'm just about to go and update my diary now that I've joined the braces club officially.
Look forward to seeing more pics.

JACO

#105 Post by JACO »

Thanks for posting your story. As another 25 year old dude going down the braces path (next month), it is great to hear I am not the only one!