hydr0's progress

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LewisS

Re: hydr0's progress

#31 Post by LewisS »

Woah! Fantastic progress...

Those bottom teeth are almost unrecognisable in comparison to the original images. I'm currently closing gaps right now, I really can't wait to see them fully closed up. How long did yours take?

Brace-on date: July 2nd 2012
Deband date: July 14th 2014

Click here to follow my braces story!

hydr0

#32 Post by hydr0 »

Thanks for the kind words! I'm definitely excited to see all the progress that we've made in the past 15 months. Hopefully the rest of my time in braces goes as quickly and smoothly.

LewisS, I think it took 6 or 8 months for my premolar gap to close (I only had one due to my right canine being extracted when I was younger), between power chains and rubber bands pulled across the gap. My bottom gap only took 3 months or so to close.

Getting used to the new rubber bands, and so far I've only forgotten them a couple times for a couple hours. They're really not so bad...but I've yet to have one break on me though, so I reserve the right to change my mind.
Female, 30, USA. Clarity uppers, metal lowers. Left upper premolar extracted 3/20/12, Brace Day 3/28/12, left central incisor extraction 7/30/12. Sentenced to 30 months.

LC*

#33 Post by LC* »

I had my lower left central incisor extracted as well. Seeing your progress is really making me feel better, and I look forward to having this gap closed. Thank you for sharing, and I hope to see an update from you! :)

Anna5

#34 Post by Anna5 »

Great progress!!!

hydr0

#35 Post by hydr0 »

I haven't kept up with this as much as I promised myself. Oh well. These are the last photos I will post with braces on...BECAUSE I GET THEM OFF TOMORROW!!!!!

My treatment in a nutshell:
Estimated time: 30 months
Actual time: 22 months
Extractions: 2. Lower central incisor and top premolar.
Months with elastics: 1 (yeeeeeah!)

After they come off, I will need some cosmetic bonding because my lateral incisors are on the small side. The little gaps next to them are intentional. I also need to see a periodontist for some gum shaping, especially to take care of that front tooth where the gum line is much lower than the other.

Tomorrow they'll take xrays and molds and after photos... I'll get a clear temporary retainer tomorrow afternoon, and my wire ones will arrive in 3 weeks. I'm to wear them 24/7 for 6 months and at night indefinitely.

It's been a long 22 months! I'M SO EXCITED!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Female, 30, USA. Clarity uppers, metal lowers. Left upper premolar extracted 3/20/12, Brace Day 3/28/12, left central incisor extraction 7/30/12. Sentenced to 30 months.