Six month smiles and wedding!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clarey1983

Six month smiles and wedding!

#1 Post by clarey1983 »

I have had my six month smiles on for just over a month and had found them to be comfortable and manageable, but cleaning and flossing is a pain! I just had my first adjustment which was not pleasant, however I can see movement a few days on, so it was worth it. I'm 30 and had always been self conscious about my teeth and getting braces was a big deal. I'm getting married next month and while I thought that I wouldn't mind the braces originally, I'm now more self conscious! Is there anyway I'd be able to have them removed on the Friday before I get married and have them put back in the Monday after? I wanted to post the idea on here to see if it is viable before asking my dentist.

chichi

Re: Six month smiles and wedding!

#2 Post by chichi »

First of all, congrats on being braced and the upcoming wedding!

It's definitely possible to have your braces removed and then put back on. You'll need to ask your ortho whether or not he/she will do it. I believe most will if you ask, but some will charge you for it and some won't.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Bracedforthewedding

Re: Six month smiles and wedding!

#3 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

My ortho is going to remove mine and replace them after the wedding, he said to call it a wedding present.

Although he did tell my fiancé that I might not even want to bother with it because its a hassle!

:)

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet