Working in Healthcare with Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

breysanchez

Working in Healthcare with Braces

#1 Post by breysanchez »

I'm curious to know how many of us work in the rampant healthcare industry and finding time around a busy schedule to care for your teeth. What if you never make it to lunch? What if your working in a busy intensive care unit or ER? Maybe you have to be in the OR for 16 hours. Or maybe you a CNA in a nursing home like myself and you end up having to work a double shift because of call-outs. :shock:

This may be gear more to the nurses and medical residents versus those in dental or other office-like settings of healthcare... or I could be wrong!

kohldampf

Re: Working in Healthcare with Braces

#2 Post by kohldampf »

I don't work in healthcare, but I do have a crazy busy job and full-time school. I'm getting my braces on Monday and I'm worried about how I will find the time during the day to take care of them! I figure I'm paying plenty of money so I'll find the time no matter what!

breysanchez

#3 Post by breysanchez »

kohldampf wrote:I don't work in healthcare, but I do have a crazy busy job and full-time school. I'm getting my braces on Monday and I'm worried about how I will find the time during the day to take care of them! I figure I'm paying plenty of money so I'll find the time no matter what!
That's so true. Once your paying out of pocket, you'll find any and ever mean of taking care of your teeth. That's what I've been doing.
Sex: Female
Braces: Damon Clear (top) Metal (bottom)
Sentence: 24-30 months

chichi

#4 Post by chichi »

I'm not in the health care field, but I do know an RN who has braces and is managing pretty well (she works in a hospital, but I don't know what department she's currently in). She's almost finished with the braces now... lucky :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

SpottedPickle

#5 Post by SpottedPickle »

My girlfriend is in Pediatrics, and she said she made time, granted at the end of the day all she did was work and do this or that or her teeth, but it is worth it so far. She has a few more months left.