Carly's Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carly58

Carly's Braces

#1 Post by Carly58 »

I'm 47 and I finally got braces after ALL these years. I tried about 10 years ago and they (insurance co) wouldn't approve it, so I decided I could live with it (my smile). I've always hated my smile...since I can remember. I have a Class II overbite, with a recessed lower jaw. My teeth are pretty straight, but I have a MAJOR gummy smile. A little crowded on the lowers.

I first went to a Periodontist for crown lengthening for the gummy smile (oh yeah, my teeth are pretty short too) and he suggested orthodontics... It blew me away when he said he could help me. Anyway, I'm going to have Orthognathic surgery in about 1 year to move my lower jaw forward, even if I have to pay for it myself....GULP! The ortho seems to think the insurance will pay now. I have developed a clicking in my jaw (I never knew) and I grind my teeth, which means they will pay. We'll see. I haven't been seen as of yet.

So far the braces are getting better to deal with. That first week was interesting. Eating just isn't what it use to be...and I love(ed) to eat. I don't seem to be losing weight either...I suppose I've found enough to get down....darn ! I can't wait to see some movement though.

My first adjustment is 11/17/05 :-#)

Class II Overbite
Full Braces 9/28/05

caryca

#2 Post by caryca »

good luck on your journey!!
:lol:

yep...I have the same...I though that eating will be a bit of a problem so I can lose some ponds..... :cry: no...did not work with me
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.