Angel_Guitar (WEEK 6....with pics)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

angel_guitar

Angel_Guitar (WEEK 6....with pics)

#1 Post by angel_guitar »

Hi everyone,
newbie here :)
I had spacers put in this morning......wasn't a very exciting experience! took like 5 mins to get them in, and that was it.
Anyways that was at 9am this morning and now it's only 11am and one of them has already fallen out.........i was just eating chicken!!! now i'm scared to eat anything in case they all fall out!!! arrghh
will post pics once I take them ......batteries have died on my camera.....
Last edited by angel_guitar on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

angel_guitar

#2 Post by angel_guitar »

here are the pics i promised........as u can see heaps of work needs to be done! I'm really excited.....can't wait to see the outcome :)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

dkt3

#3 Post by dkt3 »

Goodluck! I see your from Brissy too!!

CelestialVoices

#4 Post by CelestialVoices »

Congrats on making your decision and good luck with everything :)

MadeIn1984

#5 Post by MadeIn1984 »

Much luck along your treatment! And welcome to the boards! :wink:
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

angel_guitar

#6 Post by angel_guitar »

thanks everyone :)

tired to eat a sandwich just now......it took me like half an hour. I didn't realise that spacers can acctually hurt a bit. My teeth are a bit achy, but I'm doing ok.

I guess I should tell my story.......
I'm a 19 year old uni student, living here in sunny brisbane, Australia, with my parents and siblings. I've been needing to get braces since I was a kid, but my parents never got around to doing it. They decided to send us to a good school rather than pay for the braces. Now we're all out of school and they don't have to pay any more school fees, so now they can pay for the braces! I do wish that this had been done years ago, but I am happy that it's much earlier than some people.
All you adults out there going through this..... GOOD ON YOU!!!
I don't know if I could do it if I was older......you guys are brave!
OH yeah......I'm getting Damon 3's.....really happy about that. I wasn't too keen on the coloured ligs...I don't know why, but I've never really liked them.
Ah well. Peace out. :-#)

groovie

Exciting!!

#7 Post by groovie »

Are you getting excited for your braces?? Thanks for sharing your before pics with all of us. It's a bummer that your spacer fell out already...but even my nurse said that if it fell, it just means there is adequate space to put the metal thing around that tooth, so it's no problem!

Looking forward to your progress in the months to come!

angel_guitar

#8 Post by angel_guitar »

ok....I officially have my braces on !!!!!!
and it really feels weird.....I ate some food and it all got caught in my teeth. I took like 10 minutes to brush my teeth and make sure that everything is out!! one thing is for sure...... I wont be eating in public for a while!

SweetSheena

#9 Post by SweetSheena »

Hi angel_guitar!

Well, today's the day! I want to say congrats on starting your journey of getting braced! Whenever you come back from you appointment I want to hear the story of how the appointment went and how your currently doing!

Have Fun!
*~*I was here to leave my mark!*~* :)

06/2007 - Braces off
[/url]

angel_guitar

#10 Post by angel_guitar »

Here is the pic of my teeth, all braced :)
my teeth aren't too sore right now, I just feel some pressure on my teeth.
I went to church last night, and everyone wanted a look. I have a friend who is a dental assistant and boy was she excited when she saw my braces!!!
Right now I feel like I want to rip them out, there just sooo irritating, i guess it's gonna take a little getting used to.

TuZZi

#11 Post by TuZZi »

angel_guitar wrote: Right now I feel like I want to rip them out, there just sooo irritating, i guess it's gonna take a little getting used to.
Just wait until you have wires poking out the ends and brackets digging into your cheeks and lips! It's grrrrrrrrrrreat!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6100
Full On Metal! Aug 31, 2005
4 Bicuspids extracted Sept 26-27 2005
Disbanded n loving it - June 12, 2007!

angel_guitar

#12 Post by angel_guitar »

i now have wax where ever it hurts..........my teeth aren't acctually sore :) but......the brackets are digging into my lips....and yeah...it really does hurt. I did a salt water wash, i hope it helps the developing ulcer! i'm going to sleep now, so that i can forget about the pain! :cry: :soremouth:

Dodger(UK)

#13 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Your doing great angel_guitar, it's always the first few weeks that are the most difficult to adjust to. I remember back, and it was like my mouth had been invaded by a foreign entity. Eventually they all learn to co-exist lol, and things will get better ;)

Keep us updated on your progress, you should see some big changes soon ;)

angel_guitar

#14 Post by angel_guitar »

Ok.....so it's been nearly two weeks......I'm totally used to the braces now...which is soooo great :)
Just a question for anyone in Damons...... Does anyone experience pain??? I havn't really had pain.....at all. I think there has been movement.....just no pain. I like that there is no pain, but I would also like for there to be more movement. Oh well. Anyways, here are some pics.

There are no significant changes, as you can see. But that could have something to do with the fact that I have no pain.

angel_guitar

#15 Post by angel_guitar »

here everyone,
it's been 6 weeks now. YAY. I have an adjustment coming up this friday.

Here are the pics.... Week 1 and now... Week 6.