Sammie's Braces Story~

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shandelsam

Sammie's Braces Story~

#1 Post by shandelsam »

Hi everyone... im samantha and im 16 (am i old enough to be here? lol). I had my first orthodontic appointment last week. My dentist had referred me to the orthodontic clinic when i told him that i was unhappy about my crooked canines and my bottom teeth which are abit overcrowded and since im 16 and im under the NHS, orthodontic treatment is free for me.

The orthodontist said my teeth weren't very bad at all but he said he would be willing to do treatment on me if i was commited to it. He also said that i'd have to keep the braces on for about 8 mths to correct my teeth. The assistant that took moulds of my teeth and boy did the mould taste disgusting. I ended up with green mould all around my mouth which took me ages to scratch off. I had x-rays and pictures taken as well and I had 8 spacers put in. It really hurt at one point because the assistant couldn't get the spacer in the right position and she kept taking it out and putting it back in. My teeth still hurt right now even though ive had them for about a week now but at least they dont feel uncomfortable anymore.

Im going to get my braces after school tmr and i can't wait! im finally going to be able to get my teeth sorted out and straightened~ i'll post what happens tmr when i get home from the clinic~ and ill possibly post up some pictures once i get them uploaded into my computer. see u all :D

shandelsam

#2 Post by shandelsam »

Hi. No one's replied. Oh well. I didn't get my braces fitted in last week, for some reason my ortho decided to jus put in the metal molar bands. I'm getting braced tomorrow though so wish me luck! =]

thatgirlwithbraces

#3 Post by thatgirlwithbraces »

Good luck!!

I'm getting my braces on this coming Tuesday. How are the molar bands feeling? I remember that when I got them on when I was kid, they hurt like heck and cut into my gums. Maybe this time around I'll be in less pain.

Treat yourself to some ice cream after you get your braces on. You deserve it.

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

Welcome Samantha! Congratlations on getting started with your treatment! Your very lucky your treatment should only take 8 months! My ortho told me I will probably have braces for 3-4 years and because I'm only finally getting bottom braces after 1.5 years it will probably take even longer! :( The molds are really gross!
Good luck with your braces ! Let us know how it goes!

-Hannah

shandelsam

#5 Post by shandelsam »

thatgirlwithbraces wrote:Good luck!!

I'm getting my braces on this coming Tuesday. How are the molar bands feeling? I remember that when I got them on when I was kid, they hurt like heck and cut into my gums. Maybe this time around I'll be in less pain.

Treat yourself to some ice cream after you get your braces on. You deserve it.
Hi there thatgirlwithbraces

The molar bands are not that bad actually. When I first got them, they didnt hurt at all. In my opinion I think the spacers are the worst bit, it was such a relief when my ortho took them out. They did start to rub against my tongue and the side of my cheeks at first but now, I guess my mouth has gotten used to them so they don't actually hurt anymore. Do u have spacers on at the moment? Well, thanks alot and good luck on getting your braces on tuesday!

shandelsam

#6 Post by shandelsam »

[quote="hannah164"]Welcome Samantha! Congratlations on getting started with your treatment! Your very lucky your treatment should only take 8 months! My ortho told me I will probably have braces for 3-4 years and because I'm only finally getting bottom braces after 1.5 years it will probably take even longer! :( The molds are really gross!
Good luck with your braces ! Let us know how it goes!

-Hannah

[quote]

Hi Hannah! Thanks. You're totally right - 8 months isn't a very long time and I'm glad. I'm not sure whether it might be longer than estimated though because it depends on how fast my teeth start to move.

3-4 years is a long time! Wow! Well good luck on your treatment and bear with it! :D

p.s. I know, when I got my moulds taken, I kept gagging. It tasted horrible! :?

shandelsam

#7 Post by shandelsam »

KK wrote:Hi and Welcome shandelsam!

Hope your mouth is dealing ok with the bands. I don't have to have bands, but have a different kind of bracket on the back molars, and mostly they've been fine!

Great that you can be out of orthodontic treatment in about eight months ... that's a real positive to focus on!

Good luck getting your braces tomorrow! :banana:

Hi KK!

I just got braced about 2 hours ago and I'm feeling much better than I expected. Are u braced yet? Anyway, thanks alot~! =]