Be's Damon 3 Braces Journey

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bejay23

Be's Damon 3 Braces Journey

#1 Post by bejay23 »

My braces are officially 4 days old.... So far the only problems that I have had with them are the blue blockers in the back not allowing me to eat properly. I can't bite down without it feeling strange. I also can't use my front teeth, because those hurt as well....

Hence I have been limited to what I can eat. Today for lunch I managed to chow down on a small piece of fish and some macaroni and cheese. It took me about an hour to eat.

While I was eating my ortho called me to check up on me. I told him that I was doing just fine, but I am having trouble talking. He said that I'll just have to get used to it. Thanks to everyone's advice on the board, I am going to go home and read a book aloud..very slowly :roll:

My twin sister that lives in Brooklyn, NY got her braces on about a month before I did. She has the ceramics and they were very painful for her. I guess since I have the Damon's my first stages aren't as bad. She says I'm lucky....I think I am too.

I'll be glad when this is all over with! I will post pictures when I get a chance.
Bejay23
Damon 3 upper and lower; Crowding

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations on getting your braces Bejay23!
Hope you feel better and are able to eat some more soon! That was really nice of your ortho to call and check on you! :)
Good luck with your journey and I look forward to following your progress!

-Hannah

newsysuzy

#3 Post by newsysuzy »

Hey Bejay 23...I got my braces on this week too! Monday. Damon 3s...top and bottom. Crowding too! I also had a tooth pulled on Tuesday...not fun...but done. My teeth are sore and I'm kind of afraid to chew, even soft stuff, so I've been on the soup diet :) I usually workout several days a week, but took most of this week off until today; I went for a quick walk and my teeth started to ache and kind of itch. I didn't know if it was just the spot where the tooth was pulled (that's been itching a bit)...but it felt like my whole mouth was throbbing. I'm not sure if I should just lay off on the workouts for a while or work through the pain. Anyway...I look forward to sharing stories with you and I'll post some pics too. I think we're headed for a wild ride!!!

bejay23

Finally a Picture

#4 Post by bejay23 »

Ok, I finally got someone to take a picture of my teeth!

Bejay23

bejay23

#5 Post by bejay23 »

Ok. Its been 10 days since I've had my braces on and tonight is the night that I see the guy I am dating. I am VERY nervous, because I don't knowif I will be able to kiss him or not. YIKES.

Luckily my front teeth aren't hurting anymore. The only complaint that I have is that my teeth are itching like crazy. People on the board say its b/c my teeth are moving, so fortunately that's a good thing! :dance:

I've been doing very well with food. I am even able to eat pizza, as long as the crust is soft and I cut everything up into small bites. I'm getting used to my braces, but the one thing that I do hate is going to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I wish that I had my own private bathroom that I could do it in. Don't gte me wrong, its not the fact that I don't want people to see me...its that I don't want to hear what other people are doing in the bathroom while I'm brushing my teeth if you get my drift. So, what I have been doing is checking the mirror after I eat to make sure there are no particles of food left in my mouth and then rinsing with water. I usually rush home after work and spend about a good 15 minutes brushing and flossing trying to make up for the lack of care at work. :-}

I will update after my infamous kiss tonight! Maybe I should practice on a stuffed animal :oops: :heart:
Bejay23

newsysuzy

#6 Post by newsysuzy »

Well Be...good luck puckering up tonight! Just remember, practice makes perfect . :wink: I've noticed that kissing has become more of a "peck on the cheek" style for me because I can't pucker my lips without feeling like I'm scraping the inside of mouth along a cheese grater! And even then it's not much of a pucker. Maybe you should bring lots of wax, and just keep practicing. :wink:

Besides kissing, I also can't whistle and that's been a problem with my dog. As for food, I'm still having a hard time chewing, even with my molars. I've had my braces for eleven days now, and I feel like my whole mouth is loose and achy, so I've been sticking with soft, mushy foods...soup, mashed potatoes, yogurt, applesauce. I can't wait until I can eat more firmer foods. On the brighter side I have lost a few lbs. Heck of a weight loss program though :roll: Anyway, good luck this evening...I'm sure it'll be just fine; why, you'll probably forget that you even have braces!!!

bejay23

Re: Kissing

#7 Post by bejay23 »

The kissing went very well! I will admit that I was extremely nervous, but he said that everything was exactly the same as before. :wink:
I was so happy. Thank goodness braces has not ruined my love life.

I am also feeling a lot more comfortable with the braces on. I went to my friend's engagement party and just smiled and smiled and smiled. I feel more confident now, than ever! :D

http://shutter05.pictures.aol.com/data/ ... hh0060.jpg

That's me on the right looking cheezy with my braces!
Bejay23

bejay23

#8 Post by bejay23 »

Bejay23