Finally Getting Them

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GeorgiaNurse

Finally Getting Them

#1 Post by GeorgiaNurse »

I have read several messages on this site and I am so glad to have found a place to feel comfortable about talking about all of my concerns. I also hope to talk about all the accomplishements after awhile.

I am 32 years old and about to get my braces. I just had 4 teeth extracted on Nov. 19. It has been a week of agony. It is now Nov. 27 and I still have some pain. Not where the extractions were done, but my other teeth hurt. I also found out at this time that I am allergic to codeine. I am scheduled to have my spacers put in on the 5th of Dec. and have my braces put on on the 12. I am very concerned about the pain with having the spacers. Just having the extractions has been very painful so I am imagining the worst with the spacers.

My daughter keeps saying she wants bracelets on her teeth (she is four). I hope after this journey is over I will be able to have my picture taken with a smile on my face (actually showing my teeth). :lol:

I will put some pictures on shortly.
4 extractions Nov 05
6 spacers Dec 5, 05
Braced Dec 12, 05

Loopy Laura

#2 Post by Loopy Laura »

Dont worry the pain from the extractions will go soon, the spacers feel uncomfortable at first, like you have giant bits of chicken stuck between your teeth but as soon as you find some painkillers that are ok for you then you will forget about the pain. The spacers are not as sore as the extractions just uncomfortable, it feels strange when they put them in but then it is over with and you can look forward to getting your braces. I onluy had mine fitted on Friday 25/11/05 and I have had four teeth taken out and spacers fitted over last two weeks.

It will all be worth it for that lovely smile.
Its nice to know we are all in this together x
Spacers - today
2 Teeth out - Monday 14th Nov
2 Teeth out - Monday 21st Nov
Braces getting fitted - Friday 25th Nov

wiredinLA

#3 Post by wiredinLA »

Welcome GeorgiaNurse! Looking forward to hearing your story.
*~*~*~* WiredinLA *~*~*~*
Top braced (ceramics) : Jan. 9, 2006
3rd Adjustment: May 24th, 2006

Marzipan

#4 Post by Marzipan »

I was very worried about pain from the spacers - or separators as the tech insisted on calling them.

But you know what? It wasn't bad at all. And she said my teeth are very tight. It felt uncomfortable just a bit in putting them in place. I have 8 separators in right now (as of 25 hrs ago).

It doesn't hurt. Honestly, it just feels like some things I'd like to floss out of my teeth. I have taken some Advil to make sure no pain flares up. And I'm starting to forget they are in there at all.

I have had extractions, so trust me - separators are nothing compared to that. Keep cool!

GeorgiaNurse

Update

#5 Post by GeorgiaNurse »

I got the spacers in yesterday and they haven't been that bad. Only problem I have experienced so far is one of the popped this morning. I wasn't eatting or doing anything and it just popped. I called my ortho and I will go in on the 7th and get it replaced. I just took some pictures but I have to wait for my husband to get home because I can't find the cable to download the pictures. Braces go on next Monday. I hope to start filling in some of these wideopen spaces in my mouth. Also I have one question for anyone that could answer it. I am going on a cruise in March and I am scheduled to go snorkling. Am I going to have problems doing this?

Thanks to everyone for all the support. It makes it much easier to know people who have been there and done it.
4 extractions Nov 05
6 spacers Dec 5, 05
Braced Dec 12, 05

GeorgiaNurse

#6 Post by GeorgiaNurse »

WOW! They are finally on. What an awkward feeling. They are everywhere. What a sight. I feel as if my lips want to rest on top of them showing this metal scary smile to everyone. Noone has seen them yet. I came straight home after the ortho. :oops: I took a short nap once I got home and when I woke up all I could think was they are on and I can't take them off. I hope all of these feelings will pass soon. I don't want anyone to see me and I have to go to work tomorrow. I know soon I will forget they are even there but today they are very very noticeable. Wow! - Three years.
4 extractions Nov 05
6 spacers Dec 5, 05
Braced Dec 12, 05