Fused teeth :(

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carrie

Fused teeth :(

#1 Post by Carrie »

Hi everyone, I'm new here :) I read thru alot of the posts and they are really informative and wonderful, thank you.

I have a question re: fused teeth...this is very rare condition so I'm not sure how many ppl here have personaly expience it....but i have 2 teeth that are fused together (i haven't taken the xray so i'm not sure if the roots are fused as well)......i'm wondering if anyone can give me some ideas as to how that will influence braces, etc...cuz i'm thinking of getting braces soon, and so far the 2 dentists have given me 2 diff opinions re my fused teeth :cry:

Thanks so much everyone.

caryca

#2 Post by caryca »

Hello,

I think it's largely depend on which teeth and how...

I have something...well it's difficult to explain, it's like the 2 pre-molar got glued to molar while developing...so, i do not have 2 pre-molar, but a bit larger molar..... it's difficult to see. My doc said only that this is a tooth with somthing that growed on it (I cannot find exact word in a dictionery) ... but basicly in my case the only thing was that she had to get much biger molar band then usually, and there is no problem with it.....so it's a complitly different story then yours
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

My youngest daughter had 2 teeth fused together. They were her bottom lateral and central. I asked her pediatrician and dentist and they said there were two roots on that tooth, and that there wasn't anything unhealthy about it. They fell out when she was about 7 and 2 healthy adult teeth grew in it's place.

The pediatrician told me to (now realize we had a good relationship and that he was being quite silly) take her home and treat her as if she were normal. :biglaf: :biglaf:

I use that advice in so much of my life today.

In all seriousness! It may depends on whether the root or the crown are fused. Here's an article I found:

http://www.thejcdp.com/issue017/hashim/index_nlm.htm
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Fireangel

Fused Teeth

#4 Post by Fireangel »

That is my whole reason I started my braces journey. I consider myself lucky in my case. I had two baby teeth fused on the bottom. One central and the eye tooth next to it fused. They both fell out but the only the eye tooth came back in. No central tooth. Thank goodness really cause my trouble is crowding on my lowers. I just had no adult tooth under that baby one. Funny I never realized so many people had this problem. I also have two ribs fused together too! Good luck with your braces and hope the

Carrie

#5 Post by Carrie »

thanks alot everyone :)

tomorrow morning is my first visit to the ortho, so i'll findout what he thinks...i'm lil nervous and anxious.. :D

Carrie

#6 Post by Carrie »

thanks alot everyone :)

tomorrow morning is my first visit to the ortho, so i'll findout what he thinks...i'm lil nervous and anxious. :D