Michal is Naked with Pictures! 22 Apr 2007

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Michal

Michal is Naked with Pictures! 22 Apr 2007

#1 Post by Michal »

Well today I went in and got a ton of photos, x-rays and impressions made. I've got severe crowding top and bottom and have "Fangs". I'm 35 years old and finally decided to do somthing about it.

My Ortho put in spacers top and bottom and told me that I won't have to lose any teeth.

Friday I should be getting braces put in. I'll keep you posted and if you have any advice, let me know. Oh, I'm doing ceramics.
Last edited by Michal on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

Michal

#2 Post by Michal »

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, the corners of my mouth are sore from putting the spacers in yesterday. I woke up early this morning in a little pain and breakfast was interesting. A lot of chewing with my front teeth, and I only have spacers in. I am so excited about getting my teeth fixed. I've waited a lot of years to do this.

Thanks again!
Michal

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

Michal!

I just wanted to welcome you to this awesome board! :-1

Congratulations on finally getting started with your orthodontic journey! Hope your spacers aren't giving you to much pain! :wink:

I would totally agree with the advice KK has given! Remember a lot of lip balm! :)

Good luck with your braces on Friday! :thumbsup: :dance:
Keep us posted!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment was 1/11/06 but now is rescheduled to 1/21/06

Michal

#4 Post by Michal »

Thanks Hannah. I'm really excited and nervous too. The corners of my mouth are still sore from putting the spacers in so I'm wondering how Friday will be. I'm putting Neosproin on it right now. I'm also curious of what exactly will be happening Friday. My ortho says he wants to expand my bite.

I'll definitely take a lot of lip balm or vasiline. I'll give you all an update in a few days.

Thanks,
Michal

Kell

#5 Post by Kell »

Best of luck to you Michal!
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Michal

#6 Post by Michal »

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support! This is going be awesome, I hope. I'm really glad I found this site. It has provided so many answers to questions I didn't even know that I had.

The spacers have gotten better, but my teeth feel like they are loose now. I guess that was the point.

I'll probably be in the middle of getting the things put on and thinking "I can't believe I'm paying for this pain"! But on the other side, I bet this in going to be cool.

Thanks again for all the support and advice.

Michal

#7 Post by Michal »

Okay, today is the day and I'm freaking out a little. My appointment is in 4 hours. I'm sitting here wondering what's he going to do, is there going to be a problem and how much is this really gonna hurt? I'm still excited and I'll be glad to get this started. Anyway, after the appointment is done I'll be back to tell you all how it went.

Later!

Michal

#8 Post by Michal »

Okay, braces are on top. Wasn't too bad. The only part I really didn't like was putting the bands on my teeth. My ortho wanted to do the top today and come back in two weeks and do the bottoms. I have ceramics in front, regular metal in the back, with white ligs. I took a pic with my webcam, I hope it works:
Last edited by Michal on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michal

#9 Post by Michal »

I know it's a really bad photo, the room wasn't lit well. It was late at night. I'll do a better one tomorrow with a before and after.

Michal

#10 Post by Michal »

Oh by the way. Eating really isn't a problem. About 4 hours after being braces, my wife and I went out to a Teppan-Yaki Resturaunt and had Steak, Sprouts, Rice and Potatos. I did well. Lots of water and a lot of swishing. I definitely ate a lot slower. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Kell

#11 Post by Kell »

I'm glad it's going okay for you. So far so good for me as well. I hope we both continue to do well without too much pain.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

Michal

#12 Post by Michal »

Okay, I do have a question. On my metal bands on my molars, there are hooks or something on the inside. My tounge rubs on it. Are they supposed to be there and does anyone know what they are for? The only irritation that I have is the bottom brackets rubbing my my cheeks. No ulcers yet, but a little scratched up.

Michal

#13 Post by Michal »

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask. I have a bad feeling that he's going to put a lot of rubber bands or something in, because I have a bunch of cleats on the outside.

ahughes531

#14 Post by ahughes531 »

I know how you feel about the fangs. One of my K9's had not came down all the way and it was like that. But it had came down into alignment in the first month of having braces!! No worries they wont look like fangs for much longer!

Michal

#15 Post by Michal »

Awesome. I am so excited about my teeth getting fixed. Both of mine were jacked up. Then my bottom K9s are about 90 degrees out of whack and crowded. I was suprised when my ortho said he wasn't taking any teeth out.