DAN'S STORY (BACK IN ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cassad

9 Days After Surgery

#16 Post by cassad »

Well let me tell everyone. Get jaw surgery done be prepared for some tough days when u come out but after a week ur a new person. My face is starting to settle down with swelling and my face looks great. I keep looking in the mirror and see that my teeth actually meet properly. I can't wait till i start the braces treatment again in 2 weeks so my teeth will change again for the better. Had one down thing today one of my elastics broke and i needed to get in touch with my surgeon. Luckily he has a pager and was only out fishing!!! He told me just to use one of my old elastics from my braces to use it . Lost 4 kilos and some of my clothes are falling off me. Im trying to post some before and after pics up. i will get some up in a day or so. wishing everyone a good new year.

CASSAD :D

hannah164

#17 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations on your jaw surgery Dan! :dance:

Your story is very inspiring! That is awesome news that your face is looking better and your bite is more normal! :-#) :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see some pictures!

Good luck with your journey and HAve a Happy NEw Year! :banana:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

cassad

PICS

#18 Post by cassad »

Finially i learnt to post pics on this site. OK got two pics of before and after. first pic was taken night before surgery and second was taken today

hannah164

#19 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Dan on the awesome improvment from your surgery! It is incredible! :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :-#) :jump:

I wish I had a bite like that! Its perfect! :wink:

Good luck with the rest of your treatment! HAppy New Year!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment 1/11/06

cassad

2 Weeks since operation

#20 Post by cassad »

2 weeks have flown since my operation. Two weeks ago to this time i was in the recovery room coming to grips with myself after an intensive and rugged operation. Fast forward till now and im my normal self. My swelling has gone right down expect for my cheeks. My surgeon did some work to them so hopefully they will follow suit. My bottom back molar is starting to get very painful. I'm still numb on the roof my mouth but every so often I get tingles there. Looking forward to seeing my surgeon and orthodontist next week.

Thanks
CASSAD :D

cassad

#21 Post by cassad »

16 days post op.

thought i give a quick update on my progess. everything is going along nicely. thought i would post some pics. last couple of days my breath has got really smelling. took me 3 days to work out why. its my tongue. i haven't been able to brush it for 2 1/2 weeks. there is all mac and cheese sauce stuck on it. thank god i see my surgeon. hopefully then i get the elastics off and im able to brush and floss again. well here are the pics.

this one was before i got the operation. note the real mean bull dog look.

And this one. Taken today 16 days after the operation. Heaps of swelling has gone right down. So happy with the result.

jenns91civic

#22 Post by jenns91civic »

i dont know if its just me or what but i cant see any pics :(
Paramedic student

Full Braces (all metal) 5/12/1999 - 4/20/2005
Class II (overjet) on the left only
Upper and Lower Hawleys

cassad

#23 Post by cassad »

Update 3 weeks after Operation.

Monday saw my surgeon. Got the OK to start building up my diet. Said ive healed very well and should be back to normal by the fourth week.

Today i saw my orthodontist to start the next stage in my treatment. He examined my mouth for about 5 minutes. He said that i have a cross bite from surgery and some intestive course of elastics and changing of the top wires will fix this. My appointments are only 2 weeks away so hopefully things will start moving fast.

cassad

#24 Post by cassad »

i thought i would give an update. its been 4 1/2 weeks since the operation and im eating normal again. saw my orthodontist just before and my top wire was changed. ive got powerchains on plus elastics. luckily i still haven't got any feeling back so i can't feel any pressure. ive got a slight cross bite and narrow upper jaw so the upper jaw needs to be opened up. see my ortho again in 2 1/2 weeks. will keep everyone updated.

cassad

josephsantana

#25 Post by josephsantana »

Hello CAASD I HAVE A QUESTION..YOU HAD CLASS III? UNDERBITE...AFTER HOW MANY MONTHS AFTER BEING BRACE DID YOU HAD YOUR SURGERY..?

----YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! :shock:

M1k3y

#26 Post by M1k3y »

Hey Dan how do your teeth look now?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08