Kelly's Journey - updated 1/28 1st Adjustment!!!!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calley03

Kelly's Journey - updated 1/28 1st Adjustment!!!!!

#1 Post by calley03 »

I got braced yesterday December 19, and all went well. It is the beginning of my 18 month journey, and going pretty well so far. I went in and it took less than a hour, they used metal braces, with ceramic ice brackets on my front 6 teeth. The process itself was painless. They put 4 biteplates (not sure if that is the technical term), and those are the most frusturating part so far. I have one spring on a right side tooth because the tooth was rotated too much to go in the archwire. They used the 2nd smallest archwire to get me usto having them on, and I don't go back until February 20th. So far eating has been my biggest challenge, I ate potatoes for dinner, and they were yummy. Today I had soup and have brushed twice so far, which is also a challenge. I am so afraid I will break something. I think its gonna get better, let me know if anyone has any tips that will help me, I have incredibly chapped lips, and am using lip balm all the time to cure them. I can't wait to see my progress. I will post pics soon.
Last edited by calley03 on Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Impressions on 12/5/05
Full Braces(ceramic top, metal bottom) 12/19/05

calley03

Pictures

#2 Post by calley03 »

I finally have pictures of my braces. These were taken on day 7.

Enjoy!!!
Impressions on 12/5/05

hannah164

#3 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations on getting braced Kelly! :dance:

Those are some very nice pictures! Lookin' Good! :thumbsup:

How you feeling? Have you been able to eat much? For chapped lips I would suggest SoftLips, you can find it for about $2 at Walmart!

Good luck with your journey and keep us posted!

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

calley03

#4 Post by calley03 »

Hannah: I am doing really well. I can't chew much on my right side due to my spring, but on the left I am doing well. I have been out to eat a few times this week and am able to eat quite a few different things at home. We had steaks tonight, I had to pass on that, but Taco Bell was yummy!! I have not enocountered any real pain to speak of. I am looking forward to my first adjustment on February 20!! Thanks for the reply.
Impressions on 12/5/05

calley03

Adjustment January 26

#5 Post by calley03 »

I just wanted to let everyone know I had my first adjustment. I broke a bracket off on my lower teeth a week ago, and went to get it fixed. My ortho said that since they will be repositioning the brackets in two visits anyway they would just leave it off for now, and do my adjustment a few weeks early. I got a bigger archwire, and they connected my molars with my archwires. They tried to remove my spring but decided that my tooth had not moved enough after much trying so they had to put a new one on. I don't have to go back now until the middle of March, so thats nice. I am back to not being able to eat a whole lot at this point, oh well I know it will get better.
Impressions on 12/5/05