Colin 31 from the UK's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ukcolin

Colin 31 from the UK's story

#1 Post by ukcolin »

Hi all

Well thanks to this site ive finally took the plunge after wanting braces for years. I have an overbite of about 10mm and a few gaps between my front bottom teeth.

I will be having my wisdom teeth out later this year and jaw surgery towards the end of my treatment.

A month ago i had two of my top teeth out and last friday 3rd of Feb i had metals on the bottom and Ceramics on the top.

today (day three) my cheeks are shredded and im chewing my food using my wisdom teeth. And ive lost two pounds in two days :) so im killing two birds with one stone :)

I will put some pics on later.

So i want to say thanks to all the people who have added there own storys onto this site and inspired me to get my own done.

Colin

belmikry

#2 Post by belmikry »

welcome to the forum! :)
I myself am treating my mouth after always wanting them but never taking the plunge! congrats on your decision! :D

Don't forget to take tons of pictures to show us :wink:

yes- wax and salt water will definately help you out there! the worst part is your tongue and lips constantly want to touch these foreign substances in your mouth at frist, making them more raw :P

at least you can chew! :) I have lifters in so I can close my mouth properly, but I've found using the lifter to grind my food with works ;) we all find some intriguing way to make it all work, no worries ;)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

ukcolin

#3 Post by ukcolin »

Thanks all

KK - Im washing my mouth out with salty warm water all the time, but the wax is a pain in the behind to put on!! Im only really having problems with the two brackets at the back . Why are the hooks pointing up? Wish they were pointing down, my cheeks end up caught on them all the time

belmikry - I am taking pics but ive lost my bloody USB cable for my camera :( although there not pretty :) and im glad u can eat, however way u do it. The rest of my back teeth are feeling better now, so im beginning to use these to eat too.

Lucyloop - Im hoping time does fly, although i dont want to wish my life away :)

Next post will hopefully have pics!

Thanks again

jennandtonic

#4 Post by jennandtonic »

I can certainly sympathize, ukcolin, about not eating much. This soft food diet is driving me crazy! And it's only the 4th day! But I'm eating as much as I can, because I DON'T want to lose weight.

Congrats on getting the braces, it's a great next step.

And I'm wondering the same thing about the wax, it's such a pain, and i can't figure out how to use it right, haha.
Last edited by jennandtonic on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukcolin

#5 Post by ukcolin »

Thanks jennandtonic - we got the braces on about the same time!

I only started my job last week so i didnt tell anyone i was getting braces - and today noone mentioned them :) although they probably noticed them.

All my friends and family think im doing the right thing, which is nice; but why didnt they say anything in the first place :) suppose thats why there friends!!

Good lcuk also jennandtonic.

snowbunny

#6 Post by snowbunny »

Congratulations Colin on taking the plunge. I'm 42 and have been dithering for YEARS! I recently left a job and am now looking for something new so I will have to go to interviews with braces on! Sob! Oh well, maybe they will make me look YOUNGER! And more intelligent?!!

snowbunny

ukcolin

#7 Post by ukcolin »

The hooks dont have bobs on them, i think my Orphdontist is getting me back for being annoyed at home because he put metal braces on my bottoms when he origionally said he would put ceramics on both bottom and uppers.

Oh well, ill live - hopefully!! has anyone died because of there braces??