Kiki Braces Story ( Pic included )

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LaDii_Kiki

Kiki Braces Story ( Pic included )

#1 Post by LaDii_Kiki »

[center]

Let me start off i was supposto to get braces when i was 14 but i hated the fact of metal in my mouth. Even though i hated to smile and i wouldnt like how i came out in picture. Now at 17 i decided to get through with it since i enroll in College and people are not as imature as in high school. I went back to my Ortho and i was Estimated 18 months. I decided to go through with it. I'm currently been 2 months with the braces and i love how my smile turning out. Even though i fell it taking FOREVER, time gose by and each day is a day closer to get to that " super star smile "

I was nervous the first day, i remeber not being able to sleep and i couldn't picture how i would look. When i got to the Ortho he sat me down within 15 mins waiting. i was about an hour in the process finally looked in the mirror and ...

I looked soo young. It felt incredibly uncomfortable and i HATED how they looked. Anyways time goes by....

1 Adjustment

2 Adjustment <- most recent

Notice a change?
So far i gotten over the fact i have braces cause my smile is alot nicer. Even though i'm still HOPING to take them off early.
-> [CrossBite & Crowdinq ] <-
-> [ Estimated : 18 mOs ] <-
-> [ BraceD On : 12.5.05] <-

Granola

#2 Post by Granola »

Wow, LaDii_Kiki, you have had some incredible movement there. Your teeth are looking fantastic! You must be so excited to see so much progress in only two months. What color ligs do you have (they look silver)?
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

Kell

#3 Post by Kell »

Wow, they are looking great. That is amazing progress.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

LaDii_Kiki

#4 Post by LaDii_Kiki »

Hey thanks guys, i appricate the inspiration... I posted up the picture because alot of people tell me the same that my teeth move quickly. I think the key is to keep clean, i brush almost 100x's a day and i floss every night. I heard from a someone that if your teeth are clean they move better.

P.s - Yea my ligs are silver
-> [CrossBite & Crowdinq ] <-
-> [ Estimated : 18 mOs ] <-
-> [ BraceD On : 12.5.05] <-

Amy Complainy

Wow!

#5 Post by Amy Complainy »

First off, I just have to say THANK YOU! When I first read what you said I was amazed--my reason being that I am in almost the exact situation as you are. Granted, my teeth are far worse (believe me!) but it's the same general idea. I'm seventeen, going to college next year and terrified of people seeing my hideous teeth! But seeing how much imporovement your teeth have shown in that relatively short time gives me hope. Hopefully my teeth will have straightened a fraction of that amount in six months. So thank you!
"Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

This is AMAZING progress in just over 2 months!!!! I wish my teeth were moving that fast!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

belmikry

#7 Post by belmikry »

oh wow! what fantastic improvement in such little time! I can only hope my teeth look that grea! :O

you are a great inspiration to us all- especially for me, I know how young I feel right now, especially when in college and I see all of these people running around with perfect teeth from years of braces in grade school o_o...
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

j.swanson

#8 Post by j.swanson »

yea i see a [b]HUGE[/b] difference

gOod luck with the rest of your treatment!! :D

mm92280

#9 Post by mm92280 »

As the others have said, you have made a lot of improvement in only 2 months. You can really see the wires straightening out over the course of your treatment.

polkadotbabe101

Hey&#9829;

#10 Post by polkadotbabe101 »

Those look great and that was such a great improvment♥ i have not got braces yet i am turnin 13 in may but i am gett in them Feb. 22. 05 in like 6 days and i am sooooo nervous i have no idea what to think i am kinda exited♥ but at the same time i hear a lot of thing like they hurt and it makes me so nervous and im afraid of like what colors 2 get cuz i dont want it lookin worse than it already will i want blue and purple but i dont know :?: ♥ i will tell when i do get em but plz give advice on if they hurt cuz i am so nervous right now u have no idea if ya can it would be a big help thanks♥

M1k3y

#11 Post by M1k3y »

How do your teeth look now?
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08