Oklanole's Braces Story With Pics Updated 07-15-07

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

oklanole

Oklanole's Braces Story With Pics Updated 07-15-07

#1 Post by oklanole »

Hello everyone! After 29 years of waiting I am finally able to get braces. Getting my teeth straight has been something that I wanted for the past 7 years. At that time I was fresh out of college and braces were not on the top of the list. I was not worried about it from a dating point of view. I just wanted nice teeth. After literally two years of crowns and fillings I am ready for the metal. I got braces, four teeth pulled and spacers on 02-08-06. I was indeed in pain that evening and I still am to some extent but it is getting better. That evening when my wife came home, she told me that "she wanted to make out with me because I looked so cute in braces!" :oops: Needless to say I got a chuckle out of that. Well enough backstory here are some before braces pics and some after braces pics, so that I can show everyone my progress. Please disregard the chapped lips that you see and the pic quality. I was able to photoshop out most of my lips but you can still see some. Enjoy!
Upper

Lower

Front

Braces Upper

Braces Lower

What made my wife want to make out
Image[/b]
Last edited by oklanole on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carrie1229

#2 Post by Carrie1229 »

Oklanole,
Great pics! That is great about your wife (now why didnt my husband say that!?!?). I'm right there with ya, I got my invisilign 3 years ago and just had the ceramics put on last month. Honestly, you will be amazed at how fast they start moving. Good Luck!!!

~Carrie1229

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Congrats on getting braces. Your ligs look great :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

oklanole

#4 Post by oklanole »

KK wrote:Hi and welcome oklanole and thanks heaps for sharing your pics with us! :thumbsup:

Love your positive attitude and sounds like your wife is going to be a great support during your treatment!

Good luck with heaps of progress! :banana:

PS ... your brackets look great, what type are they :?:
I have no idea what type of brackets I have. I will have to ask when I go for my next appt.

oklanole

#5 Post by oklanole »

Long time no post. Well, it has been over 17 months since I got braces. Thought, I would show you guys my progress so far.

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Wow - you've come a long way. You must be thrilled. Bet your wife wants to make out with you even more now :lol: :lol: :lol:

oklanole

#7 Post by oklanole »

Well, I have no updated pics, things are very straight now. I do have a tooth in the back that was not moving as the ortho thought it would. To fix this he numbed me up and jerked at the tooth like he was going to pull it. WOW!!, the next day I am in so much pain, but I swear that the tooth has closed the gap in just a few days!!! He say that I should be out before the end of the year.