LUCYLOOP's story...(impacted canines) -BRACES OFF 01 Oct 07!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Metal Mouth Guy

#1 Post by Metal Mouth Guy »

Nice house...

MMG

hannah164

#2 Post by hannah164 »

Congrats Lucyloop for finally posting your story and pictures! :dance:

Sounds a little disappointing that you had to have full braces just for two impacted canines. I almost know the feeling except my teeth were way horrible to begin with! :roll: Now you'll have an absolutely gorgeous smile! But those supposedly are the most importatnt teeth and I didn't even know they were up in my palate!! :wink:

How long was your estimated time in braces? Mine is 3-4 years but I know we're going to be closer to 4! :shock: :? My ortho said we can really start moving on my treatment (after 22 months) :roll: once my other impacted tooth comes down! It finally gets a bracket next week! :banana:

You do have a lovely house! Sorry to hear you've had so much pain in your life so far! Good luck on your Botox surgery!
Good luck with your next adjustment! :thumbsup:
Keep us posted! :computer:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Next Adjustment is 2/1/06 where they will bond a bracket to my cuspid which was impacted!!!!

CelestialVoices

#3 Post by CelestialVoices »

Great story Lucy! Hope everything continues to go well. :)

Kell

#4 Post by Kell »

That's some story. It's definitely not boring. I hope that things only get better and better for you.
Kelly
See my WWW link below.

NotBob1

#5 Post by NotBob1 »

Not boring at all.

I actually read the whole thing without skipping anything! (For me, this is hard to do.)

The canine exposure pics will really make me think twice when I have a complaint about my braces! I know that is not fun as an old girlfriend of mine from 15 years ago went through the same thing. I remember her telling me that she had to drive from the dentist's office after having the exposure straight to the Orthodontist's office to have the brackets placed on the teeth that were in the roof of her mouth. Ouch. Not fun, I am sure!!!! :huh:

-Pat
Pat
Class III tendency, crossbite 10-23
Maxillary horizontal & 2mm deficiency for upper teeth
GAC In-Ovation R, metal. Now with upper & lower Hawleys 24 hrs.

Shawnie

#6 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Lucyloop

Thanks for posting your story. I too read the whole thing. I hope all goes well for you, you deserve it. I will also be having the impacted canine surgery. When I go in for my next appointment at the end of February my Ortho will decide if the time is right. I'm a little scared though. Sometimes I think of how much easier it would be with braces if only I didn't have those impacted canines.

It sounds like your remodel ideas are really unique. A glass roof kitchen sound really cool.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

kaydee

#7 Post by kaydee »

Very interesting story Lucy, keep us posted cos i think thats what im going to have to go thru, wishing my parents had taken me to dentist more as a kid and maybe i wouldnt have as big a problem now..... :o

kaydee

#8 Post by kaydee »

Very interesting story Lucy, keep us posted cos i think thats what im going to have to go thru, wishing my parents had taken me to dentist more as a kid and maybe i wouldnt have as big a problem now.....

CelestialVoices

#9 Post by CelestialVoices »

Great to hear that things are looking up! Keep us posted...and get some rest! :)

CelestialVoices

#10 Post by CelestialVoices »

Lucy-glad to hear you're setting him straight about the construction! Big hugs and kisses to Reapie, glad she's better too. :)
Karen-aww poor Milo hugs and kisses to her too, hope her leg is on the mend soon. :)

Take care all,
<3 CV

CelestialVoices

#11 Post by CelestialVoices »

I'm doing fine thanks, braces on for 13 days now...can eat AND brush with my Sonicare without pain! Woohoo! :D

CelestialVoices

#12 Post by CelestialVoices »

Congrats on your 6 month anniversary! :)

Flora2006

#13 Post by Flora2006 »

Happy 6th month anniversary!! :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Louise

#14 Post by Louise »

Hey LucyLoop thanks for the comment about my white teeth. I don't know why they are so white. I just make sure I brush my teeth often.

Ive been reading your posts and I have to say they keep me amused.

Good luck with the treatment and hope to hear about your progress soon. :D

Shawnie

#15 Post by Shawnie »

Congrats on your six month anniversary! Hope that your kitty starts to feel better real soon.

I know that when your pet is not doing so well it is hard to focus on other things.

Take care
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06