Krisha's gritty story...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toodamntall1

Krisha's gritty story...

#1 Post by toodamntall1 »

February 3rd:

Well today I got UPCLOSE pictures of my grill, nasty molds, and spacers. I must say I enjoyed the pictures! It was cool to see my teeth so upclose. However!!! The molds were the worst part. As she pressed the tray into my uppers, the gritty goop darn near gagged me as it mirgrated toward my throat. I will be traumatized forever by the pink grit!! hee hee.
YUCKO. Then it was off to start the lowers. Oh, it was gross, I couldn't wait to rinse out my mouth. Anyhoo, the whole "spacers" part was fine. I had heard and read horror stories about it, but it wasn't bad at all. I'm back at work and proudly showing my blue spacers off :). Monday is the big day for me for braces. I can hardly wait to then show off my tin!

I will be back to update my journal at that point. I thoroughly enjoy reading stories and being able to share mine with all of you. Have a great weekend.
Searching for service....
....can you hear me now?!?!

toodamntall1

#2 Post by toodamntall1 »

[quote="bracedagain"]Hi toodamntall1;

Yeah I've read some people have to wear them for a few weeks. Lucky for me, since I have got to be the most inpatient person there is. Ha! My front teeth are feeling a little tender, but I feel fine. I'm a little hungry, but thats nothing new...hee hee.

I plan to post picts when as soon as I invest in a digital camera. Hopefully sometime in the next week or so.

toodamntall1

Got em! Read my story :)

#3 Post by toodamntall1 »

Okay so I got my braces on Feb 6th. I'd have to say the bands on molars were the worst part, other than that, it was pain free. :)

I got what they call, a "lingual guard" behind my two upper front teeth. To help my uppers from knocking into my lower braces and to help correct a somewhat off center/deep bite. Does anyone else have this? I hate it. It makes me talk funny. Be careful not to stand to close when I speak, as it may result in a small shower....hee hee. I've began to actually get used to it though. The first week, I went through 7 packs of wax. Thank GOD for wax, holy crap! I went and bought tons more and haven't had to use it for a few days. I'm stoked! :)

I got all metal with smoke ligs on top and alternating smoke and magenta on bottom. I think next month when I go in for my adjustment, I will get a full set of color ligs. I tried to be semi-modest in getting color, but now I feel much braver!!!!

The only real thing that is annoying is, the eating part, the left side of my mouth is okay to eat on, however my molars don't really touch, so chewing my food is OUT. I pretty much have to smush the food around with my tongue a little and then brace myself to swallow it whole. Some times this is very uncomfortable :) I've tried to eat on the right side, but for whatever reason, its a little sensitive, so why bother?!?! I think in the whole 32 years of my life, my teeth have never been cleaner, I brush them 3 to 5 times a day. HA!

Other than that, I enjoy them. I like to look at my teeth in the mirror a lot. I guess because I never thought I would have braces!