Joanna story (crowding, a bit buck toothed) - Pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Joanna20

Joanna story (crowding, a bit buck toothed) - Pics

#1 Post by Joanna20 »

Hello, this is my braces diary. I decided to start writting pre-braces because now is when I got the time!
So my problems include:
- Severe crowding (on both upper and lower jaw)
- Missing lower 2nd molars
- Good bite (So far)

My first appointment was on Feb. 14th (Valentine's day), they took and molds and x-rays on the same day. They're going to get in touch with me soon and let me know what's happening. In about a month or so I'll be ready for my journey.
Here are my teeth:

You can see how my profile is afected by my lower bucks:

Front:

Profile (Teeth):

I'm going to check on things next week (social security, have to be pushy) and so in about 10 days I'll post again.! Wish me good luck.

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

jennielee81

#2 Post by jennielee81 »

Good pictures!

Keep us updated...can't wait to see your progress!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Good luck, keep us posted!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

belmikry

#4 Post by belmikry »

welcome to the forum! :)

great pictures, and hang in there- the hardest step is deciding to get them- congrats :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Dexter

hi

#5 Post by Dexter »

Hi :-)

GoOd LuCk!! :-)
-Davy-

Michal

#6 Post by Michal »

Good Luck!

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

chinadoll

#7 Post by chinadoll »

Congrats on beginning the journey, Joanna! Looking forward to more pictures and lots of progress!
Class II Malocclusion (Anterior Open Bite & Mild Crowding)
6 ceramic uppers, the rest metal

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi guys! Thanks for all the support. So yesterday I went to the office and asked how everything was going with my process (to make sure they won't lose it like my friend's one) and said that I had been waiting for a month... she said "In little time we will call you"... the assistant is really rude... I also made up that I had lost my phone and had bought another one to make her to comfirm the phone number heheh.
Now all I have to do is wait. I'm assuming that they will call in a couple of weeks... I can't wait! I'll post when that happens.
Good luck 4 u all.
Joanna

Joanna20

#9 Post by Joanna20 »

ERRR One month and a week have passed.... I swear to God that if more than two months pass I'm going there and be a b****... I hate waiting, plus my molars need to be distalized NOW...
Joanna

Joanna20

#10 Post by Joanna20 »

Okay... Nearly 2 months now... They should be calling soon! I figured I may call tomorow morning or something just to be a pain in the a** ! By the way I had to change my ticker 'cause it said "6 days untill braces come in" - I wish! So I must be close to my second appointment. Time is going by soo slowly... days seem like months. Sorry guys just needed to vent a little bit here.
Joanna

Joanna20

#11 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey Linda21, thanks for ur reply! I luv this board!
So I rang this afternoon and was of course super polite. I was originally told that the molds take 3 weeks to get back from the lab. and it's been one and a half months and they haven«t came back, so the girl said that she was going to ring them and find out what was going on. So next week I'm going there with a friend so check on the status of things once again. I'm like SOOO excided over this whole thing, and I'm in a hurry because I already have the extractions done, so this needs to be done ASAP. And after the molds come from the lab. the doc. has to study my case, so I'm counting on another 2 weeks or so but next week I'll post once again. I am so concerned! This board is a great place to vent!
Good luck to you 2,
Joanna

Joanna20

#12 Post by Joanna20 »

Woo hoo! So I got a call from the Office today! It’s a bit weird: The girl said that the doctor suggested me to “skipâ€

Joanna20

Spacers

#13 Post by Joanna20 »

Spacers went in this morning at 9:40 am. My favourite assistant ever did it, and she was really careful not to hurt me. I hope she's around tomorrow for the braces... 'cause I really dislike the other one.
Spacers were fine all day, almost no pain... I guess I have so much space in the back of my mouth, so they don't hurt much while moving back.
I was a bit scared of eating at first 'cause I thought they'd pop out. But nah, they're in it's right place!
Tomorrow is THE day... less than 12 hours. I think I'm getting lowers only... (yes they're a bit unorganized and didn't really tell me anything much)!
The assistant explained me how much orthodontics has evolved in the past 8/9 years (when I was braces for the first time) and how it is really advisable and affordable to do it these days.
I'll post in tomorrow with pics of my new lower teeth.
Take care,
Joanna

Joanna20

#14 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey hey! U girls rule!
So yeah I got the lowers this morning, and the assistant was there, she didn't do my braces, some other assistant helped out. But my ortho. was there and I like her, so it was okay. I can't beleive I was late for my appointment, 10 minutes! :shock:
I was a bit disappointed, because even though my ortho. is so kind and nice, she didn't really explained me anything at all, I guess she sees a lot of people and didn't really have time.
My braces are metal, quite small, and I've chosen pink elastics to go with them! I'm getting the uppers in less than 2 weeks time - oh yeah - I was shocked, 'cause when I was leaving I asked her "Oh, and when are the uppers coming in?" she said "whenever u want, if you want we can put them on this month"... and that was it, I sheduled the appointment and my first hygienist consultation (I guess this is probably why she didn't explain me much, the hygienist will). And I also asked her about my remaining left wisdom teeth and she said that I could put the braces on first and then we'd see about the wisdom tooth. I really don't know how she's going to make space there, 'cause the wisdom is stuck to the second molar. On the right side I do have 2 milimeters or something. Anyways, she probably knows what she's doing... I'll try to "get something out of her" on the next appointment... She was in a bad day!
Here are so pics, I appologyse for the sesame** quality... It took me over 20 minutes to take these things... But u can definatly see that they are super crooked - I'll post every month or every two months:

Can't wait for these babies to get straight!!!
Thanks girl for so much support! U rule!

Joanita

Oh I forgot to say: Nearly no pain at all so far and also I don't notice my lip being bigger weird looking - which is a releive. It does look a bit different, but quite acceptable. I was expecting a lot worse!

belmikry

#15 Post by belmikry »

congrats! they are looking fabulous! :) :lol:

just remember that the first week is the hardest- then its all uphill from there- except for some minor discomfort around adjustments ;)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom