dancing8433's braces story(not the typical brace casee)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dancing8433

dancing8433's braces story(not the typical brace casee)

#1 Post by dancing8433 »

many times i started to post but stopped myself.. well here i go i am tiffany and im 19 years old and finally got the courage to get braces. i ve known ive needed them for years but couldnt face the reality of having them. so now at 19 years old i have been braced for 3 days already. i made the tep to finally get them as self esteem issues were at an all time low i woul barely even open my mouth anymore let alone smile. i was letting my smile or lack there of take over my life and i couldnt handle it anymore.. i finally decided to take the step and improve for the better. i am actually going to post picture which is shocking that i am willing lol but everyone on here is willing to open up so am i. i am getting treated with ceramics on my uppers and metal on lowers, i get an expander my next visit (april 24th) alot of my trouble is my narrow palate which caused all the crowding and extensive problems with my upper. my lowers dont look bad to me but my bite is bad, my ortho asked me how do i chew anything.. good question very carefully with random teeth. well heres the pic ( so embarrassing my top teeth are everywhere.. this is a huge problem for me makes me very upset)

belmikry

#2 Post by belmikry »

welcome and thank you for your story!

I'm sure your story will inspire others, as well as all of us- I just know you are going to have fantastic progress- especially with all of the support you will receive here- I know I have :)

braces are a tough step, I myself refused them until I turned 21- then I decided that for once I'd stop worrying about how I looked and allow myself to be proud of myself for taking such a life altering step to fiinally being able to smile proudly- and you will! I promise! very proud proud of you missy! :)
any questions, let us know- and I cannot wait to see your progress pictures! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Der_Todesengel

#3 Post by Der_Todesengel »

Hello and welcome Tiffany. I'm sorry to hear about your self-esteem issues and your teeth. I am sure the braces will fix them up quite well. Don't worry they will move fast and will be off before you know it. I don't think they look that bad actually.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Congrats on getting the braces. I love that your top wire is white. I want a white one!! ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dancing8433

#5 Post by dancing8433 »

i have to say i really hesitated posting my story.. but after reading all you guys amazing comments and the support from here.. i am so glad that i did. i feel like i have a little place were i can come that almost "embraces" wearing braces lol however corny that sounds but u guys make this alot easier on me.. and in reality it is becoming alittle bit easier everyday. :) i am looking foward to my top alignment changing quickly.. fingers crossed x.. and i love my top wire to everyone says they couldnt even tell i was wearing braces till i said it.
Tiffany

chrisd

#6 Post by chrisd »

i think it is great that you got started on your braces journey. i think you will be very happy when you are all done. relax and dont forget to have fun along theway.
good luck and keep us posted. this is a great place for support, and to vent , or ask questions
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

dancing8433

#7 Post by dancing8433 »

well i thought id write an update its day 8 and i can happily say that i have very litte to no pain whatsoever from my braces.. at times i dont even remember i have them till my tounge touches them and i get back to reality. eating has become so much easier and i am so happy for that i really couldnt take mushy babyfood like eating anymore it felt like i was never eating enough.. i need substance lols.. and i have a cleanign ritual down almost 2 much .. im like a fanatic i need to feel perfectly clean and fresh with my braces at all times .. i was always like that but like 10x more now.. better that than not i guess. i got a waterpik..THE BEST THING EVER.. if anyone does not have one i suggest if u like that everything is out all the little hiding places feeling then deffinitly buy one lol anyways just an update.

tiff :D

Flora2006

#8 Post by Flora2006 »

I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

wiredinLA

#9 Post by wiredinLA »

Tiffany, Welcome.

Glad to hear everything is going well with your braces so far. You'll find so much good advice and support on this board.
I look forward to reading about your progress. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
*~*~*~* WiredinLA *~*~*~*
Top braced (ceramics) : Jan. 9, 2006
3rd Adjustment: May 24th, 2006

natgol

#10 Post by natgol »

hi tiffany..i know exactly how u feel,and im so proud of u for going for it with braces! iv done the same and its so encouraging to hear im not the only one with such low self esteem.good luck sweetie.

Leslie022

#11 Post by Leslie022 »

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. We love hearing about each other's progress, so do continue to keep us updated! This is a great place for support. Everyone here is great because we all know what each other is going through. So, share the tough times and the good and we'll be here to support you!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

dancing8433

#12 Post by dancing8433 »

well its the 2 week mark on getting my braces and things are going pretty well .. i can honestly eat anything now without a problem,just the nasty feeling of everything caught in my teeth especially around/near back rings and last brackets.everything loves 2 get larged in that area lol.. i am getting some discomfort on the inside lower part of my lip i actually have a deep indent from one of the brackets on my lowers.. it looks like i stamped it in there permenantly .. :( i guess everything else has been good so i should count my blessings. and im still waiting for the moment i notice even the slightest change lol.. i know im way to early into this but its just wishful thinking.. i do sware though that one of my top teeth i can acutually feel the movement happening one day there was no contact with it and my lowers and now there totally is.. well i will continue to keep you guys updated on my situation. tiff

belmikry

#13 Post by belmikry »

hi there! sounds like you are making tons of progress- can't wait to see some progress pictures! I bet if you take soome, you'll really see those changes! :)

isn't it nice to be able to eat again? [sigh] :lol: that was my favourite day ever- the first time I wate a meal without pain! :lol:
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

dancing8433

#14 Post by dancing8433 »

yes it is great being able to eat again.. never knew how much i took it for granted,and since u mentioned taking new pics i thought i would give u a better idea of my whole face not just the large shot of my mouth.. which freaked me out looking at it lol.. what an impression. i dont see any changes yet .. but i sware i feel the second tooth on my right side moving during the day when i first started i had no contact whatsoever with that tooth and my lowers and everyday i can touth it more and more.im not sure whats going on hopefully progress in the right direction.anways heres a few pictures.

Way Too Old For This

#15 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Dancing, you are a darling girl and will be simply ravishing with your new smile! It won't be long at all before you notice significant movement...take pictures like at least once a week. It will surprise you!

Good luck.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.