Sparkles61785's Story Updated with new & better pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sparkles61785

Sparkles61785's Story Updated with new & better pics

#1 Post by Sparkles61785 »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. My name is Alexis and I'm 20 years old. I will post more about myself in the other section. I just wanted to tell you guys my story. I have been in a struggle with my teeth since I was 9 years old. It was discovered that my jaw was too small (both top and bottom). So they expanded my jaw, and then put braces on. My dentist decided that I should take out 4 permanent teeth to make room in my mouth. I was scheduled to do two each visit. My mom didn't know that I should've went to an oral surgeon to get it done. But my orthodontist was the one who did it. While doing it, the pain was unbearable. I was screaming, even after a dozen needles. It took him almost an hour to take out one tooth. So we couldn't do two each time. He also didn't stitch my mouth up, so I was bleeding for hours. It turns out that he broke a bone in my mouth. After that I was traumatized, and even though I had the brackets on my teeth, I stopped going to my orthodontist for years. When I was 17 I took it out. Yes I had my braces on for that long. I also still had two teeth that needed to be taken out. It wasn't until recently when I went away to college that I became self-conscious about my teeth. I couldn't even smile because my teeth were so horrible. It also seemed as if all the college students had perfect teeth but me. So I made a resolution that this year I would do whatever it takes to get my teeth fixed. I got a new orthodontist and he recommended braces. I told him I wanted clear braces because I didn't want people to notice that I had braces. He also recommended that I take the other 2 teeth out. He also recommended jaw surgery because my top jaw got small again, and there is no appliance that could fix it. I put on my braces on January 20th, 2006, 3 days after I got my two teeth extracted. I went to an oral surgeon to get my teeth extracted this time. He did an amazing job. I had sweet air because I was still traumatized. But this surgeon had both my teeth out and had me stitched up in less than two minutes, literally. My mom didn't even get a chance to sit down when she left the room, and he was finished. And it wasn't painful this time. So these braces will be on for 18-24 months, depending on how well I take care of them. Here are pics of my teeth 2 months, 1 week and 6 days later. My front teeth straightened out a bit. My teeth look horrible, but I have faith that the braces will do its job.

These are cell phone pictures, sorry for the horrible quality. Please bear with me:

Here's the front view:

Left View where I got the extractions:

Right view:
Last edited by Sparkles61785 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/url]

blueberry

#2 Post by blueberry »

hi and welcome!!! its unfortunate you had to go through all of that as a child, but now your back on track with a real ortho, your first one sounds like a butcher to carry on with the extraction even though you werent completely numb. having teeth pulled is used as torture, i cant believe you went trough that! its everyones nightmare for it to hurt, you must be very strong. Anyway, good luck and i can see progress already, but in my opinion your teeth looked fine anyway, but its about you and your confidence and it wll be so lovely to get them off and smile really big for the first time, being confident and happy!
Good luck again, and keep us updated!

blueberryxxx

kel

#3 Post by kel »

Hi,

Like Blueberry said, it is what happened to you was very unfortunate. I just wanted to say good luck with your treatment. I am sure that you will find this site really helpful, I know that I have.

Good Luck,

Kel

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

Welcome!

Can't wait to follow your progress!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi Sparkles,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on getting braces.

Sounds like this time around is much better! It's so important to have nice doctors...not only good ones, but nice as well. I am so sorry about your past dentist/doctor...so unprofessional, especially with the extraction you mentioned. But it's a good thing you have better ones. :)

Good luck with the journey and keep us posted :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Sparkles61785

New Pic, begining

#6 Post by Sparkles61785 »

Here is a picture of my teeth a couple of days after I got braces:
Now here's a present pic, 2 months later:
Notice how one of the front two teeth straightened out. And the bottom tooth on the right has moved closer to the space of the extraction. So now it is by itself. Oh yeah and my teeth got whiter, thanks to brushing atleast 4 times a day.
[/url]

Sparkles61785

New pics almost 5 months since being braced

#7 Post by Sparkles61785 »

Here's how my teeth are slowly progessing:
Front:
Right side:
Left Side:
All I can say is that the tooth that was once pushed back is moving up. My extraction gaps are closing slowly.
Here's a before pic:
[/url]

sjsarre

#8 Post by sjsarre »

Wow theres been alot of movement.. Bet you are pleased?

:D