Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

belmikry

#31 Post by belmikry »

its the eyes- you two have the same eyes :)

hey I should ask you- at the airport, do the braces affect the THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.? I'm going next month back home and I was worried about that! I assume if you smile at them they realize though [crosses fingers] don'tw ant them thinking i'm confiscating secret materials in my brackets :P
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

sjsarre

#32 Post by sjsarre »

Well I did set off the detectors on the way back. I wasn't wearing anything metallic other than in my mouth. I did a smile at her and she laughed!!!

This morning I feel ok. Teeth don't feel quite so painful. They still tingle quite alot. The corners of my mouth are a bit sore where the wire pokes around and i've been doing salt water rinses and wax etc.

I've got a few ulcers in my mouth. Not sure whey they are there because they don't touch any part of the brace and nothing rubs on that area!

I'm waiting for the Braceeze to turn up so I can give that a whirl!

sjsarre

#33 Post by sjsarre »

Its day 7 today.. My mouth is starting to come to terms with the who brace thing going on... Although yesterday I was tempted to try and rip it off....

Anyway. I was going to leave it until week two but I wanted to ask your opinion. Does it look like the bottom is starting to move?? The archwire seems to be a bit straighter and I think my tooth is starting to move..

I know just like everyone that i'm gonna be looking at my teeth for weeks on end trying to find the slightest bit of movement. So I won't take any more photo's for another two weeks!!!

:roll:

sjsarre

#34 Post by sjsarre »

Also looking at the photo quickly it looks like my canines are pulling in a bit.

Sorry. Top picture was day 2 and bottom picture is today. day 7...

sjsarre

#35 Post by sjsarre »

bracedagain wrote:Hi Sarah;
Glad to hear you're getting more at ease with your braces. That's pretty funny about the airport detector. :lol: It must depend on how sensative it is to catch the metal in your mouth!
I'm sure you will find that the tingley feeling will go away soon but your teeth will take turns aching as they move around the archwire trying to get in line.
Good luck finding out why the ulcers are there. Keep up with the salt water rinses and that should help make them go away soon!
Let us know how you get on with the Braceeze. Hope it helps out! C' Ya' later! 8)
I got the braceeze in the post today.. Going to try it out after my lunch..

Will report back on whether I find it any good!!

sjsarre

#36 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks KK I wanted to be sure that I wasn't seeing things!!!!

sjsarre

#37 Post by sjsarre »

Braceeze...

Well I have had the braceeze on for about 3 hours now and so far so good. Its very easy to apply. Wierd texture. But if it does the job then i'm happy! If it only stays put for another hour then i'm happy aswell!

Its funny because it feels like it won't stay there and that its not thick enough to protect but it definately us.

Gets my thumbs up at the moment...

sjsarre

#38 Post by sjsarre »

WEll, everything seems to have calmed down a bit now. I'm getting used to the brace being in my mouth.

But I do have a question. My top row both lateral teeth are slightly pushed backwards normally and aren't attached to my brace yet. However i've noticed over the past few days that one of them in particular seems to be quite loose. Is this normal? I'm concerned that its not attached to the brace and even if I suck food gently it feels wobbly.

The bottom row of teeth are tingling like mad. Its wierd because its almost a nice tingle! Is this usual aswell?

sjsarre

#39 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks for the info.

No my ortho hasn't mentioned about using springs. I do wonder if he is going to use anything to close up the gaps on the top where I had two teeth removed.

I have my first adjustment on the 11 May so will see what happens then!

It is wierd to feel my teeth so tingly. But like I say its quite a nice sensation!

cynthia77

#40 Post by cynthia77 »

hey there sarah!! I'm 29 and in london so i'm glad to find someone more or less my same age who's going thru the whole braces thing as i am. I've had mine for over a year now so just drop me a line if i can be of any help!! cheers!!

sjsarre

#41 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Cynthia

Thanks.. Its nice to meet someone going through the same as so many are on this site. I find it more difficult because of the amount of meetings and presentations that I have to give.

At the moment i'm lucky that I can put off the presentations but I will have to start a new round in the next few months and I am worried that with all the talking I am going to end up with a really sore mouth!

I've got over the whole worried about what I look vibe.. After all, my teeth have been awful for such a long time that at least now people can see that I have braces on to straighten them out!

I'm not sure whether its just me but i've noticed so many people around my age with terrible rotten teeth recently. I'm not sure if its just because i'm looking at other peoples teeth so much because of what is happening to mine! I'm glad that i've managed to look after mine pretty well that I can have a brace. Some of my friends around my age are having teeth removed because they have gone bad.

sjsarre

#42 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks braced again.

I work as an anti money laundering compliance officer so I do presentations to all of the staff who work in my office and give training twice a year to all staff which involves powerpoint presentations etc. etc.

I was just brushing my teeth before and the gap in my front teeth has opened up. I forgot about that gap!! Years ago. Well when I was about 14 / 15 I used to have a gap in my top front teeth that ran from the gum line down and I could get a ocean stick size through it. Over the years that gap has shrunk so only the bottom third of my teeth had a gap...

I was just checking my teeth after brushing a few minutes ago and the gap has opened up enough that I can get the dentapix flosser right to the top by my gum..

Its amazing!!!

I can't wait to take more photo's but want to leave it until the weekend...

sjsarre

#43 Post by sjsarre »

Yes I do really enjoy my job. It is very interesting... I work in a private banking environment but I deal on a daily basis with law enforcement and customs. Compliance is an ever changing role and i've had to deal with some very interesting scenarios!

The gap in my front teeth is really visible today. I'm really impressed!!!

sjsarre

#44 Post by sjsarre »

Well. Couldn't help it!!! Here are my two week pictures!

Top pic is day one and that was as much as I could close my teeth together.

Bottom is today. I've noticed that the wire in the corner was really crossed over on day one and has virtually straightened by today.

Virtually all of my top row seem to have been pulled down slightly. I can feel the difference when I put my teeth together. It feels wierd because i've never had that bite before.

My teeth are still tingling away and I can't really chew very well.. I won't take any more pictures now unless I see something significant happening!

My first adjustment is on the 11th May.. Will try and leave it until then before I post some more!

belmikry

#45 Post by belmikry »

wow- look at how far your left canine has pushed down! congrats :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom