The Dr. Gets Braces- Pics! UNBRACED! 10/20/06

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BraceMD

The Dr. Gets Braces- Pics! UNBRACED! 10/20/06

#1 Post by BraceMD »

I actually had another thread on this board....go viewtopic.php?t=6174 to see it...but I got access to all my ortho's pics and they're SO much better than my own, that I decided to make a new thread.

I've had these braces for approaching one year and I am thrilled. I still have some issues with an open bite and overbite, but the end is near.

Here are my teeth last year. Most of all, I hated my "fangs" (canines). I didn't realize the other problems I had.

As you can see, great improvement! Still have bite issues so I have an "open bite".... but I'm happy.

This picture really shows the problems I had on the uppers.

Look how straight! (and, note the annoying turbos and peg for rubber bands, on the INSIDE).

My lowers weren't too bad...

But they're better now!

My only complaint is the rubber bands. I slur and stutter when I am nervous... and the rubber bands accentuate that. But the end is near! A few more months...

I'll update this as I get new pics. Happy Bracing!
Last edited by BraceMD on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Permanant bonded retainer on bottom, bite positioner, and Hawley retainer at night...

Click www to see pics!

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Great pics! Do you know how much longer you have? What wire size do you have currently?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

BraceMD

#3 Post by BraceMD »

Well, I have 3-4 months left.

As for wire size... not a clue. Sorry! I have Damon 3s, which are great.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Permanant bonded retainer on bottom, bite positioner, and Hawley retainer at night...

Click www to see pics!

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Lookin' great! Glad to see you progressing towards the end! :)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

Your teeth look great! Don't you wish we could take photos as well as the ortho?!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

BraceMD

#6 Post by BraceMD »

Don't you wish we could take photos as well as the ortho?!
Yes!

I was just told by the dentist that the mottled white color on my front teeth is due to "fluorosis" caused by over-fluoridation of the water when I was a child. It's permanant, obviously- I'm 28 and it's always been there. All of the kids in my neighborhood had "mottled" discolored teeth... and I always suspected it was from the water. Makes me want to go back and yell at the water treatment plant that did that! I hope whitening helps.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Click www to see pics!

Invisalignee

#7 Post by Invisalignee »

Get them alot of professional bleaching and whitening and whatever, anything in your power to make them sparkle!

I am planning on doing that at the end, I'll drop money even in the thousands if I have to, for a sparklish smile after this longgggggggggg ordeal! :D

Wow, those teeth...they kind of remind me of my own! In the left side, my arch is dented in just like yours!! Invisalign is putting extreme pressure on that area and has slowly started to straighten it up. God, it looks horrible on my teeth! I have a huge arch and when I smile, you can easily notice the arch not being all round!!

I am so happy for you and I envy you! If Invisalign does not correct the dent, I'll go with braces for sure.....anything until I have them perfect!
* Expand the gums > DONE! :)

* Invisalign treatment > DONE! :)

* Braces correction > UNDERGOING :|

* 3 Implants > NEXT YEAR! :(

BraceMD

#8 Post by BraceMD »

Get them alot of professional bleaching and whitening and whatever, anything in your power to make them sparkle!
The one thing I regret about my braces journey is that I didn't whiten before the braces. I was thinking, oh that's too expensive, I don't want to spend $300 on whitening. Well, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the $4200 I paid for the braces... I am whitening the DAY I get the braces off.
have a huge arch and when I smile, you can easily notice the arch not being all round!!
That was one of my main reasons for getting braces, actually. I hated how my canines were so prominent, with no visible arch behind them. I'm thrilled at the movement so far. I almost went with Invisalign, actually, but decided against it. The baby tooth I still have on the lower right complicates matters... I've not had it braced because I'm afraid it will fall out.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Click www to see pics!

bobalonian

#9 Post by bobalonian »

nice photos. honestly your teeth didn't look that bad to begin with.

BraceMD

#10 Post by BraceMD »

bobalonian wrote:nice photos. honestly your teeth didn't look that bad to begin with.
Grrrr... that is one comment that people make that frustrates me. I guess, if I put up pics of my entire smiling face before braces, you'd see the impact more. My "fangs" just stuck out. And, since I am in med school and I'm constantly around wealthy doctors with perfect white teeth, I became very self-conscious. Of course, I'm pretty self-conscious now with these braces on my teeth.
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Click www to see pics!

momof2grlz

#11 Post by momof2grlz »

I wouldn't worry too much about Bobalonian's inconsiderate comment. I think this poster's mission on the board was to create conflict. According to the "Alternatives to Expensive Braces" thread, Lynn felt it was appropriate to ban him/her.

I totally relate to your frustration with this comment. My teeth were physically straight, but my bite was so bad it was painful. I got so tired of the woman I work with saying "I don't know why you got braces AT YOUR AGE" and I finally told to MYOB!

Your teeth are looking great!

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

jcdamon3

#12 Post by jcdamon3 »

People say that to me too and I think: Hmm then why is it I will be in braces for like 18 -24 months? If they were straight, wouldn't it take less time! Also, if they were so straight before why are they so much straighter now! :-) I think your progress pictures are phenomenal!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

blackcat20

#13 Post by blackcat20 »

Ive been getting that same annoying comment, from almost everyone: "you wouldnt have even known you needed braces...". But I noticed! So they werent that crooked, but I wasnt happy, and thats the important part. So congrats on making the choice, and ignore those that dont understand, they are not worth worrying about :D

JumpTheDitch

#14 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I got a few of those comments, but not really in a nasty way. I think people were more surprised than disapproving. Like you say though, it was me that had to deal with the overbite and overjet, not them. There's no point being unhappy about an aspect of yourself if you can improve it! Nosey parkers anyway!

CLAmom

#15 Post by CLAmom »

I get comments like this from time to time but most people seem to be more surprised and curious than anything else. There have only been a couple people who seemed "offended" by my braces. I don't know if that's the right word but they sure didn't seem to like it. What's up with that? Anyway, I'm pretty darn proud of myself for going through this (we all should be) 'cause it ain't easy!!! :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"