bracedagain is good to go!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nille

#1 Post by Nille »

Hi Bracedagain!

I also go Monday for my records appt. Lucky for me my Ortho doesn't do molds up front! I am very happy about that b/c I was dreading it. I have a severe gag reflex and I am claustrophobic so those things kind of freak me out!

Anyway, they told me we would go over the contract and treatment plan again. I will give thewm my down payment and they will take any xrays or pics they may need. Then if they think I need spacers they will put those in and we will schedule a date for me to be braced! :dance:

I am excited and a little nervous! Good luck on Monday and let us know how it goes!
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

sjsarre

#2 Post by sjsarre »

Congrats Bracedagain :o

First on my list would be nice crispy french bread... Then some crispy roast potatos... yum.

I really miss all the hard crunch stuff. Nuts especially!

I've got my first adjustment in 5 hours.. Will post later on..

:D

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

I am so happy to hear you are getting braced again. If I remember right, my moulds did not happen until brace day. Does anyone know what they are for? All of my appointments happened very fast. They did my initial consult. Then I went in for the x-ray and records and they put the spacers in right then. Seven days later they did the brackets and moulds. I am glad mine was fast or I might have chickened out. Seriously this all happened in like 10 days!

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

sjsarre

#4 Post by sjsarre »

Oh dear... Sorry to hear your waiting again.. :( But I guess its best to get a second opinion than to start treatment and find that you are losing teeth... That would be the worst! :cry:

Lets hope you can get your appointment in, in time for when the study moulds are back so that it could potentially be all systems go!! :roll: :wink:

Granola

#5 Post by Granola »

bracedagain, how frustrating this whole "hurry up and wait" ordeal has been for you!

I know it is a good thing that your ortho/dentist is crossing the Ts and dotting the Is before going forward with your braces.

I hope you get good news from the 2nd perio so that you can finally begin your journey once and for all. Good luck!
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

Hi bracedagain

How did the appointment go??? :?

Flora2006

#7 Post by Flora2006 »

I really hope you get good news next week :)

It's a good thing you aren't too nervous ;)

Keep us posted!

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

sjsarre

#8 Post by sjsarre »

I'll have all my fingers crossed for your 19th June appointment

:D

sjsarre

#9 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Ken

No problem.. It has dragged on so long for you with stops and starts and thinking its going ahead then its not..

At the end of the day if you do hear the worst, then you have done all you could and I am sure that they would only say no, if it really wasn't in your best interest.

Lets hope the news is good.. We are all here for you. If its not, then you know that we are still here for you.

Sorry is that rambling??!! I've been out in the sun today! :D