alternative to expensive braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bobalonian

alternative to expensive braces

#1 Post by bobalonian »

my bottom teeth were very crooked and i didn't like it but i found that they could be moved without paying high costs for braces so i used dental floss and beads and food grade wire from a dental lab to move my teeth and it has all worked very well. I made fake braces in other words (only they were actually functional) everybody says that this isn't a good idea because i don't exactly have enough orthodontic experience to know what i am doing and I don't have orthdontic experience but i am pretty confident. anyway i just thought i would suggest this idea to see what people say. i would go on for longer and put up pictures but please excuse me there are many universal truths to uncover. until next time( if there is one)

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

Are you kidding me?

honestly...?

:shock:

HIGHLY NOT RECCOMENDED AT ALL
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Sounds like a giant leg pull.

momof2grlz

#4 Post by momof2grlz »

Call me a skeptic if you will, but this poster joined the board yesterday and his/her posts have all been less than constructive. This post talks about "creating" his/her own braces, but a post on the Naked Tooth forum talks about having had braces twice and really liking them. If I'm wrong, I apologize; but I'm thinking someone has just dropped in to play for awhile.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

What about glue?? And all the utensils needed??

:lol:

bbsadmin

#6 Post by bbsadmin »

Can you say "banned?"

Why, sure ya can. :wink:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

sjsarre

#7 Post by sjsarre »

LOL....

Excellent!

:jump:

x3trinity

#8 Post by x3trinity »

Good One bbsadmin!!! That was sooo funny!

:jump: :-** :-)o :dance: :banana:

You are great :lol:

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."