The braces are on, Yeh!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SHORTIN1

The braces are on, Yeh!

#1 Post by SHORTIN1 »

My braces went on Tuesday. Not so bad, Wednesday was some what uncomfortable, but the Advil helped. So far today I haven't taken anything. I'm hoping to get better at the flossing, Tuesday night was hysterical. I actually had myself in a sweat and still had2 spots that were unflossed. I'm not having any problem with soft food. Oatmeal for breakfast, drinkable soup for lunch, usually something like cr of broccoli or cr of potato. And marble pound cake is definately soft food. Last nights dinner was a cheese omlette. Hopefully as my teeth and gums hurt less I can eat real food. Is it normal for my gums to ache? Feels like my teeth are going to pop out? I'm not sure of the terms to describe my teeth other than to say what a mess. Big teeth / little space....top center line is one full tooth off. The left side came in 1st and took up all the space, so the right is all jammed and crooked. I think I'm less self concious of my teeth already just because of the braces. I find myself smiling alot more.
SHARI

SHORTIN1

#2 Post by SHORTIN1 »

I forgot to say I have top and bottom braces. All teeth except for the 2 top wisdom teeth have a band or brace. I have silver braces and silver ligatures. I think at my first adjustment on June 23rd I'll get more colorful ligs. Maybe blue.
SHARI

Drewjb007

#3 Post by Drewjb007 »

Congratulations on getting braced! :D I just got braced last week. So far I've eaten anything I can get my hands on! Snicker Bars Beware!! :twisted:

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations on starting your braces journey :)

Eating, flossing, etc is a challend at first, but you will get used to it sooner than you realize ;)

I'm pretty sure its perfectly fine to feel some soreness coming from the gums...after all your teeth are moving...the visible part of the tooth as well as the part hidden behind the gum...so don't worry about that.

I'm looking forward to following your journey :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006