groovie's braces journal (Pics too!)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

groovie

It's been a while!

#16 Post by groovie »

It's been a while all! Lately I can't stop thinking of getting the braces off! They'll be off in approximately 5 months...which means it's just before my wedding! Can't wait to take pictures with a beautiful smile!

Anyway, I just went for my 8th adjustment. I don't know when I'll ever get to lose the elastics! Last month I only had to wear the two in the front but it's back to three rubber bands from today again! Oh well, it's worth it!

http://www.geocities.com/grooviechic46/braces.html <--Updated pictures! I forgot how to take nice clear pictures! So please bear with it!

CLAmom

#17 Post by CLAmom »

I'm so happy to read your post and see how nicely your treatment is progressing. I have a similar bite to yours at the beginning of your treatment and I've found out that elastics are definitely in my future as well. My upper central incisors overlap the lowers but those darn canines hit almost end to end and chewing is so hard. I'm glad you are making such great strides and will soon be out of all the torture devices. For myself I'm happy to hear of others who are having success changing their bite without surgery. Best of luck to you. I hope to see more updates soon and those great pictures, too!! :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

groovie

Thanks!

#18 Post by groovie »

Thanks for the responses, KK and CLAmom! Elastics really do make a difference, even in one month!

Rdavido

#19 Post by Rdavido »

You've come a long way in your journey, only a few more months. Looking good!

groovie

To: Rdavido

#20 Post by groovie »

Thanks for the message! 5 more months but it seems like forever~~!!

groovie

Dr. told me good news!

#21 Post by groovie »

Went for my monthly adjustment as usual...and my doctor told me that my teeth are really looking good and I can take them off in September! I thought I would take it off in late October or even in November right before my wedding, but SEPTEMBER! Wow, that was the best thing I heard today! Yay!

groovie

TODAY MAKES 1 YEAR

#22 Post by groovie »

One year ago...June 29, 2005 is when I got my braces on! I can't believe it has been a year already~~! But I am so ready to take these off!

By the way, I put a link to my braces picture page so click the WWW button below. Thanks!

groovie

Thank you!

#23 Post by groovie »

Thank you for your comments! I can't wait to get them off!! I don't even remember how it feels to have nothing touching the inside of my lips!

newmetal

#24 Post by newmetal »

Hey ,
Im really interested in your case. Can you tell me what was wrong with your teeth in the begining? Did you have an underbite? I just ask because i have an underbite and like yours (in your before pics) it isnt that noticeable. Also, did they try and offer you surgery?
Im diagnosing myself at the mo as i have my appointment on weds and dont know what diagnosis to expect, if they say surgery im out of that chair i tell you that much! haha
Really enjoyed looking at your site with your pics, your teeth look wickid.
Many Thanks
newmetal

groovie

WOO HOO!!! The time has finally come!

#25 Post by groovie »

Just came back from my adjustment...MY FINAL ONE!! I will be taking these braces off next month! I'm so happy I almost cried when my Doctor told me.

I'm so happy I made a ticker. Yay!

CLAmom

#26 Post by CLAmom »

Oh my gosh, your ortho is a star! So much accomplished in just over a year. Congratulations and enjoy that naked smile!!! :-**

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

groovie

OMG!!

#27 Post by groovie »

I have 12 more days till these braces come off!

I just hope my ortho doesn't tell me I have to wait 1 more month or something!

That's what happened to my coworker. Hers was postponed a month because the ortho wasn't 100% satisfied yet...

groovie

Getting UN-Braced today...hopefully!

#28 Post by groovie »

It's 7:35AM now...very sleepy...but I have to be excited, these wires are finally coming off in a few hours!

I'm not keeping my hopes up TOO high, because there's always a chance that Dr. might change his mind, right? (I'm such a pessimist!)

Well, I'll be back with the results later today.

Have a great day, everyone!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sjsarre

#29 Post by sjsarre »

Hey Congrats Groovie....

alexa

#30 Post by alexa »

Congrats...hope everything went as planned and you got 'em off! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom