Chantel's story - Week 12 comparison pics (pg. 7)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chantel

Chantel's story - Week 12 comparison pics (pg. 7)

#1 Post by Chantel »

Never did I think I would ever end up writing in this sectin, but as the story goes, here I am, and this is my story:

I've always had issues with my teeth from a young age, the age old story, needed my teeth fixed when I was younger, parents couldn't afford it, so here I am now at 24 and undergoing treatment.

I don't know exactly how it all began, but my left incisor falls behind my other teeth, it's always worried me as whenever I smile you can see it straight away, I've always wanted straight teeth like my friends and family but could never afford it.

Fast forward a few years and have since been to an orthodontist who put my mind at ease (along with a few helpful people from this forum) about the whole orthodontic/braces journey. He told me it is very easily fixed and that I do need braces but should only need them for 18 months *phew* I got my moulds, x-rays and photographs taken on the spot and was told to come back on August 2nd for my spacers and then again on August 9th for my braces.

After I left the office I started to panic and called my family and partner to tell them I made a wrong decision, they put my mind at ease and said it was for the best and that if it was going to make me happy I should go ahead.

I've since recieved my Invoices for payments and a summary of my orthodontic needs (I will go into my detail at a later stage) and I've got a copy of the pictures they took (only scanned, sorry about the quality) and realise that my problem isn't as bad as I first thought, but I hope the money is worth it in the end! :)

I will post some pics below....

Welcome to my ongoing story :) enjoy the ride
Last edited by Chantel on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:32 am, edited 11 times in total.

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

Chantel

#2 Post by Chantel »

Sorry about the quality of these photo's, they were only sent to me in the post on a letter, so had to scan them in, will get some better/normal quality photo's soon :)

Front

Left Side:

Right Side:

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

Chantel

#3 Post by Chantel »

Bottom View

Top View

Normal (sorry no bottom teeth in this pic)

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

sjsarre

#4 Post by sjsarre »

Hi

Congrats on your brace journey..

I'm a bit confused. You said you had an impacted left incisor. Does that mean you've had treatment to pull it down from out of the gum already?

My incisors on both the left and right are the same as yours, they fall behind my other teeth... I have my second adjustment 2day. I'm hoping they will attach them to my brace very soon..

Again congrats on taking the plunge..

:D

ironyengine

#5 Post by ironyengine »

Welcome to the fold Chantel... it's great that so many of us are taking care of stuff onw that our parents' couldn't when we were younger, so congrats on being able to do this for yourself. More congrats on the shortened sentence, relatively speaking... I'm sure that we'll all decide this was a worthwhile step once it's all over.

Let us know how it goes!

Chantel

#6 Post by Chantel »

Hi guys, and thanks for replying. Sorry about the explanation of terms, i'm only new to this game and am getting my teeth mixed up! :) and yes it's just pushed behind my front tooth and my canine? (I hope I got it right this time) hahaha

I'm going to take some pics of my normal smile in the next week, then I should hopefully have pics in a few weeks after that of my braces on, I bet the time will fly.

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

Joanna20

#7 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi Chantel! Your teeth don't look that bad at all! Congrats in starting your braces story! I wish u the best of luck!
Joe

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

sjsarre

#8 Post by sjsarre »

Hi Chantel

Yes, sorry. I wasn't having a go.. I didn't know what power chains were when I first joined this board.. I didn't even know what the names for the teeth were.. I've found that out, the past few months!!!

:D

Chantel

#9 Post by Chantel »

No problems sjsarre, I didn't take offence to your comments :) I'm slowly learning as I make my journey onwards and upwards :)

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

JennThompson79

#10 Post by JennThompson79 »

Hi Chantel, I just wanted to say good luck and congrats on starting your journey. I started mine in May with my ortho consult, and as of yesterday have 8 spacers in. I pretty much had the same problem as you, my parents were told early on that I needed braces to correct not only my teeth but problems with my jaw, but they just couldn't afford it, and now here I am at 26 doing it myself. But, congratulations again!!!

Chantel

#11 Post by Chantel »

Thanks heaps JennThompson79 (we share the same last name, except mine is without a "p")

Okay small-ish update:

Over the last few days I've come down with a bit of a cold, sore throat, bit blocked up, so hopefully that passes soon. I have an appointment with my regular dentist to check things out in my mouth in general (i have a small bit of decay on my canine, at the top) and also the ortho said I had a bit of erosion possibly from reflux behind my back teeth (I'm thinking the dentist may fill that? not sure?

I also had a bit of grief from my lower left wisdom tooth (I've never had any of them out, so I'm always a little worried about them) I'm going to check with my dentist if he thinks they need to come out, but am also going to call the ortho and ask if they think I should get them checked/pulled if necessary? not sure if the ortho thinks they could work in my favour.

The weather is slowly starting to get cooler here in Sydney, more layers are needed when going to work, which makes it great for when I get my braces on because of all the yummy soups available at the moment = no chewing :)

I'll update again after I've been to my dentist (on the 20th)

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

Hi Chantel, sorry to hear about your cold; this seems to be doing the rounds right now.

Hope things go OK with your dental check. It's good to go into this little caper with a clean oral bill of health.

juf_84

#13 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Chantel

You're right about the soups... we have definately decided to get braced at the right time of year!

Best of luck with everything- I'm about half way through the beginning of the journey- done the consult, the big clean and flouride treatment, had my spacers in, and just have the molds and actual bracing to do now!

Look forward to following your journey!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

juf_84

#14 Post by juf_84 »

Hey Linda!

I'm in the chilly north-west of NSW (well I don't think it's north-west but that is what we are called on the weather!)- we hit a lovely -7.5 early this morning. Very jealous about your holiday!!

Chantel, look after yourself :D
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Chantel

#15 Post by Chantel »

More Updates:

Okay so I went to see my general dentist in the city today and he checked my mouth and did some x-rays, he said i need to get 5 filings (ouchhhhhhh) but some are small, I think there's only 1 big filling to do! so I'm a little concerned about that, he did a scale and clean (not cheap either.... $160) and I'm booked in on the 29th June for my first 3 filings (on the bottom molars) and on the 4th July for my other 2 filings (on the top molar and left canine) so it's all a little daunting, as i HATE to get filings, let alone 3 in one day!!!!!

I also enquired about my wisdom teeth (none have erupted, but I can tell they're close) he gave me a referal to an Oral Surgeon, also in the city (it's such a shame because I could get it cheaper elsewhere but it's convenience and time that sway me) so I go and see the Surgeon on the 5th July for a consult as to whether they should come out!

My dentist seems to think the bottom one's should come out as he said it's harder to get them out whilst braces are on, so I'm really really REALLY petrified of getting them out, and am definately going to be put under to get them done!.. What is the rough price to get wisdom out? I'm slowly adding up all the bills and they're skyrocketing, I can't claim major dental until November so this is all coming out of my back pocket!!!

I'm starting to really doubt this braces journey!!! :(

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces