Radioqueen is Braced

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CelestialVoices

#31 Post by CelestialVoices »

I loved reading your story so far! Hope everything continues to go well for you :)

radioqueen

#32 Post by radioqueen »

Hi,

I appreciate everyone's comments. Thank you for the support.

Yesterday the pain was quite horrendous, but today it's more manageable. The biggest news is that my gap has closed considerably. I am, however, lisping like I haven't done since I was first braced. Sufferin' succotash.

Even though the pain has lessened, I'm still on a soft food diet and probably will be for the next couple of days. And cleaning...., I had gotten my time down considerably, but with the new loop needing extra attention and every tooth I touch tender, it took me a while to get ready for work this morning.

Well, I'm off to lunch, a much mashed up baked potato... thanks again to everyone for their kind comments and support. :D

Geez, reading this over it kinda sounds like I'm running for office.... but let me assure you, the only thing I'd ever run for is the county line! :lol:
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#33 Post by radioqueen »

Update on the gap. It's barely there now... and I am so stoked!!! If I turn my head a certain way, I can see how my teeth are going to look when it's completely closed and I'm liking what I see.

Two and a half weeks after my last adjustment and I'm eating everything again, but boy, that chipmunk feeling of all that junk in your cheeks. Well, we need an emotican with pooched out cheeks.

Anyway, my next adjusment is Wednesday, as is my six month cleaning, and I am so looking forward to being out of my wires for a few hours. But, I'll probably pay for the freedom in increased pain when I get caged in again.

What the heck... I'm on vacation next week, so I'll just loll around in my jammies all day and eat ice cream and watch trashy shows on tv. :BigGrin:
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#34 Post by radioqueen »

Boy, where do I start. I'm back from vacation an engaged woman. :heart: Very happy... the wedding will take place in January.

I had my adjustment and cleaning last week. My hygenist gave me high marks for keeping my teeth and braces clean. When I went back to have the wires replaced I asked my ortho if he knew whether I was going to need upper braces and he said I wouldn't :jump:

Then I asked him when my gap would be closed -- and he hit me on the arm :shock: -- so I informed him that one of my engagement presents was an air lite Smith & Wesson .38 revolver... and he rubbed my arm and asked me if I wanted him to kiss it and make it better :D I really have a lot of fun at my ortho's office. And then he said my progress was so good I would probably be out of braces by the end of spring... I guess threatening to pull a gun on your ortho can be a good thing!!

And for those of you interested the proposal was very romantic: with a full moon, scenic overlook from a mountain top... lights of the city below like diamonds on black velvet... a totally sweet declaration of love and request for marriage from bended knee and then a really big rock surrounded by lots of little baguette and pave' rocks (in a lighted ring box no less), followed by tears and dancing under the full moon with the man I love (sigh)
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#35 Post by radioqueen »

Thanks so much Kiwi... it was a wonderful moment.

You know I've been thinking... how funny life is... when I went for my braces consult, I wasn't seeing anybody and my life was pretty stagnant... but it's as if by making a choice to correct something in my life that had been bothering me for so much of it, other things started happening as well. And, it seems, the same holds true for a lot of others on this board. I've read other peoples posts and it seems like when we finally take the leap or plunge into ortho treatments other things in our lives seem to shake loose and start happening. :roll: ponder ponder...

So now, I have a wedding to plan.
No braces - retainer

caryca

#36 Post by caryca »

congratulations!!!

well I am still waiting for the perfect one.... :wink: but I hope like for most of us it will come within the remaining 13,5 months! :lol:
6/4/2005: 2nd premolar extracted+ spacers in
6/13/2005: clear braces: top and bottom
next 'date' on 18th Nov. ...and the bottoms might be off then?!:-) top will stay until Dec. before xmas.

radioqueen

#37 Post by radioqueen »

Good luck to you Caryca... I truly believe there is someone for everyone... we have only to wait and watch...

Now for my Christmas wish... all I want for Christmas is for my gap to close.

I know I'll not have my braces off by my wedding day... January 13th, that's Friday the 13th... no superstitions here... but my hope is that my gap will be closed. It closed considerably right after the loop was put into my archwire... but this time it seems like there's no movement at all.

Well, there has been some tiny movement becuase the hook on one of the brackets has started to gouge a new hole in my lower lip... :x and it's a doozy...

My next adjustment is a week from tomorrow... hopefully we'll be able to get some progress then.
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

Closing of the gap

#38 Post by radioqueen »

I was totally thrilled the other day when I got food stuck in my gap... :-88 whoooo hoooo... and then

My ortho, whom I take to be a person of upmost integrity... told me at today's adjustment that in three weeks my gap will be closed. :-V What a Christmas gift!!!

The not so great part of the adjustment is... I got a S-P-A-C-E-R :shock: so they can band a rear molar that has been free from confinement for all these many months. The new band will be added in four weeks... just in time to interfere with my holiday eating... :evil: and I am not happy about that.

My teeth look right purty tho' got hot pink ligs... :HugeGrin: and I want the world to see them... so I'm smilin'
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#39 Post by radioqueen »

Hooo boy... yesterday as the day progressed so did the pain I was experiencing.

Then I noticed something downright unbelievable.

My teeth that had been separated by the extraction gap were touching :dance:
actually touching and it had happened in less than three hours after my adjustment and new activation.

Happy, happy, happy, I am so happy.... :dance:

But last night... pain....pain...pain... :-(( and today it was back to soft foods again.

BUT MY TEETH ARE TOUCHING :jump:

To answer your question Wonder123, I had crowding, a crossbite, one extraction of lower left inciscor, which means my midline will be non-existant, but my teeth will all be in the same row when I'm done :HugeGrin:
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#40 Post by radioqueen »

Another day, another adjusment.

Last adjustment they did a huge activation and my teeth closed really rapidly and caused me considerable pain for about a week.

Then things quieted down and while movement was noticed, and all looked good... my gap did not close as my ortho said it would :cry: .

Today, the loop was removed and I had a rear molar banded and wired, 6 wire ties and powerchains across five teeth. So far, pain is bearable, especially in light of the fact that I am in day two of a severe sinus headache.

I go back two days before my wedding for another adjustment, hopefully, my gap will finish closing by that time :roll:
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#41 Post by radioqueen »

Had another adjustment today. Only 3 wire ties, no power chain and a stronger wire... the gap is getting closer to being gone and I have two more days before my wedding.

I am so excited about the big day almost being here that I don't think any tooth pain or movement will be noticed.

Well next post in two weeks.
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

And the bride wore purple... ligs that is...

#42 Post by radioqueen »

Had another adjustment today... first adjustment as a married lady...

The wedding was wonderful :heart: ... everything went according to plan... and we're both exceedingly happy.

Now, back to today... first order of business was to fix a loose band... I thought something was amiss and sure enough... but it was glued back on and then I got a stronger wire, six wire ties, and pink and red ligs...

the ortho said I won't have a noticeable overbite and one of us must be living right-- as he pointed to hisself... he's a hoot, my ortho...

I asked about the gap that is still evident from the extraction and he said he would have to re-angle a bracket to close it, but that would come later.

I can't believe I've been in braces for six months now... but the difference in my teeth is amazing... I'm still hoping they will be sprung early for good behavior...

I really would like to eat a meal in normal time... and what I mean by that is - people in braces eat their meals in stages... first is getting the food in manageable bite sizes... then chewing - which can be an ordeal in itself, especially when we're not certain which of our teeth are being sensitive today... then once you've chewed and swallowed, you have all the chipmunk junk chunked in your cheeks that you have to excavate somehow... but I did find this great product at Rite-Aid called "The Doctor's soft touch Brush Picks" they're plastic toothpicks with a teeny little brush on one end :thumbsup: and they really help. But I really can't wait just to chew and swallow like the good ole days...
No braces - retainer

radioqueen

#43 Post by radioqueen »

Hi all,

An update... I HURT!!!!! :ouch:

Yesterday I had another adjustment, I got a 7 unit powerchain, and a bigger wire, a rectangular wire, the painful kind. Last night and all today, it has felt like I'm having teeth extracted without benefit of anesthesia... :shock:

Still am waiting for the gap to finish closing, and a couple of my teeth still have to come into line but for 8 months in braces, I'd have to say I'm pleased with my progress. I now have my very own brace buddy, my 12 year old step daughter is in braces and when we can, we have our adjustment appointments at the same time.

Anyway, for the next bit I'll be eating a soft diet again... longing for the day when I can chow down on anything without weighing the risk of breaking a bracket. But, all this will be worth it when I flash my new beautiful smile when the brackets all come off!!! :D

And here's something else -- I found another reason to be glad I finally did something about my crooked teeth --

Orthodontic work is tax deductible!!!!! :banana:

Well, next adjustment is March 22.... see ya then....
No braces - retainer

Leslie022

#44 Post by Leslie022 »

I hope you feel better! :D

I found out that orthodontic work was tax deductible this year when I was doing my taxes. I hadn't, however, spent enough to deduct anything. Next year will be great, though!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

radioqueen

#45 Post by radioqueen »

Ok, another day, another adjustment. I'm getting to be an old pro at this, got called back, hopped up in the chair next to the one occupied by my step-daughter who was having an adjustment as well and got ready for the assessment while I picked out what color ligs I wanted.

The ortho's assistant took off the power chain and other ligs and then the ortho came over and asked if the last adjustment caused me much pain... I said yes, it certainly did, and he said "good,.. er, I mean, I'm sorry, heh, heh, heh" he's a regular hoot is my ortho. :lol:

Well, he tells me he's going to change the angle on the bracket on my right central lateral. That tooth is longer than the rest, though he says he's going to leave it a little longer so that when the braces come off he can grind it down and smooth off where it was chipped from my teeth hitting when I had my crossbite.

Whoopee. Will it cause pain for the tooth, you bet!

So, the bracket is popped off, (now I know getting de-braced will not be a problem)... awful glue is applied and bracket reattached. Then the 17 wire is replaced with a 14, I get 6 new wire ties and a 7 unit power chain in electric green. I am a site to behold. :-#)

I go back in two weeks for another adjustment. So ttfn
No braces - retainer