Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjsarre

#76 Post by sjsarre »

I took some photo's tonight as I hadn't for three weeks.. Bit of a mistake! I won't post them on here, i'm going to post some on Friday after my 2nd adjustment.

I compared the photo's tonight against my first week photo's and my teeth are much more crooked and out of line. Even my bite on my back teeth is way off now..

What a nightmare... I've heard from some people that sometimes they have to get worse before they get better, but they look much worse to me..

I'm really upset, although I guess in a few months time i'll be wondering why I was so worried..

:cry:

When I see my ortho on Friday I will tell him my concerns and see what he has to say..

samantha_lou

#77 Post by samantha_lou »

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling so great about your progress and teeth in general at the moment Sarah, but you will get there!! :lol: I know its easy to say not to worry, but you're going to see your ortho in just a couple days, hopefully that will put all your fears to rest.

I do understand how you feel, I've been turning this expander for nearly six weeks already, and comparing my teeth to my models the other day - there is no difference whatsoever...I'm also getting impatient to see some positive movement in my teeth! :evil:

Make sure you write down all your concerns, so nothing gets forgotten, and perhaps just ask him to briefly outline how he envisions/would like your teeth moving...who has get to where before someone else starts moving in the right direction...at least that way you're kind of knowing what to expect.

*hugs* and I hope you're feeling better about everything in a couple of days.

sjsarre

#78 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks everyone.. I'm purposely trying not to look in the mirror too much... The past three weeks i've cleaned my teeth and looked in the mirror just for that and haven't bothered trying to locate differences etc because I know it can cause impatience etc...

I will speak to my Ortho on Friday and voice my concerns. My extraction gaps seem to have widened on the bottom and I just cannot see how he is going to close the lower gaps up without giving me a pretty big over bite on my top row. I don't like the look of teeth that are straight that are angled inwards. Hard to describe, hope you know what I mean?! I'm wondering if that is what he is planning for me, as I can see no alternative for my top row.

SUGARANGEL

#79 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Sarah, You only had braces on for only few months so Give it time and it will look better in the next few more months like maybe 6 months later it will turn out look better than now. Be patience and talk to your orthodontist this friday. Good Luck. I have ortho appt this afternoon at 3:20. I am so exciting cuz I am getting bottom put on. Take care. :)

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

sjsarre

#80 Post by sjsarre »

Thats my problem.. I'm not a patient person. Its not in my nature.. I'm always on the go. Never relaxing.. Stress Stress Stress.. That is the way I live.. Even if I sit down for 5 minutes I am wondering what I could be doing!

I know I have to be patient with this.. I guess its just the fact that my teeth were hideous looking before and at the moment, they look worse than ever..

I only have two days to go until Friday when I have my adjustment, so I can be patient until then.. Then I will ask my Ortho what his plan is on how he is going to move my teeth into position.

I noticed that my midline on my bottom row of teeth has shifted 3mm to the right since having my brace on.. It was already 3mm too far to the right, so now its way off.

I've got a list.. Poor Ortho!!! :?

sjsarre

#81 Post by sjsarre »

I know... Over 20 years with crooked teeth... And two months in, i'm impatient!!!

:lol:

SUGARANGEL

#82 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey Sarah, Imagine, TOOTHACHES???!!!!! Toothaches are the wooorrssssssst... I would rather put up with braces!!!!! Please just think about that. Cheer up Sarah! :-#)

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
All metals...

sjsarre

Sarah's story! New photos

#83 Post by sjsarre »

Got a stronger wire on top today and two lovely looking springs!

Adjustment went well. I asked the Ortho about all my questions and he answered them in the way I wanted which made me feel better! He is hopinh my next adjustment in five weeks will be when he will connect my two wayward teeth up and start to close up the gaps more on my bottom teeth!..

I've taken some strong painkillers.. Got home and sat in the sun with my cats for a couple of hours..

The springs are rubbing on the inside of my top lip already...

Any suggestions on stopping sores developing???

sjsarre

#84 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks KK

I've really noticed in that photo how much my canines have pulled down. Especially my left one.. That is by far the biggest difference..

Yes. Hopefully the springs will now do some serious work!!!

Thanks for the advice.. I'll be salt water rinsing as much as possible..

:D

SUGARANGEL

#85 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Greeaaaaaat Sjsarre!!!!! Glad to hear that you got your questions answered and you feel better about your treatment. Take care and Have a good weekend... :-88

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
All metals...

samantha_lou

#86 Post by samantha_lou »

Sounds like you had quite an eventful adjustment Sarah, those new springs should really get everyone in that area on the move! :lol:

Hope you have a great weekend!

sjsarre

#87 Post by sjsarre »

Maybe I speak too soon!!!

BUT - the springs are actually more comfortable than the bare wire I had before. Because the wires stuck out so far with my teeth being so wonky the thin wire always used to catch my lip and leave indents and made them sore.

Now I have the wires on, they are thicker and it seems to stop my lip from catching..

Having said that. My teeth are all very painful today. I'm getting used to that "post adjustment ache" I think this one will probably be one of the worst, but I will hold judgement....

:D

Drewjb007

More Pain, Your Gain

#88 Post by Drewjb007 »

Hi! I know the ache can be a stinker :oops: but you know your teeth are moving when they hurt :wink: !

GrillCheese

#89 Post by GrillCheese »

Hey Sarah,

You're not alone with the "wayward" teeth and slow action with them. I have one similar on my lower and it's still not tied in properly (it's been 6 months).

For the first couple of months, my ortho just pretty much ignored it while he manipulated the others. To date, I've have three different power threads in various configurations, and a "button" which I totally despised and gave me some reverse progress and looked horrible (by almost pulling my tooth out slowly).

I currently sport a power-thread around the bracket and tied to my archwire along with a spring.

Up at my next adjustment is some shaving of the teeth on either side to make room, which is what I think my ortho is trying to avoid. He was trying to see if my teeth would free up soace on their own. But like you, I'm impatient and I've been bugging to get this one in line.

I know it's hard not to focus on what's wrong, but spend a little time examining all your other teeth and your arch - and trust that the others will come together when they should.

sjsarre

#90 Post by sjsarre »

Its my birthday tomorrow... :-V :jump:

Just writing to say that everything is "quiet" with my teeth.. I've noticed the gaps on the bottom row seem to be closing up more quickly than the top.. Which I wasn't expecting as I have read that the bottom row usually takes the longest.. I'm not moaning though :D

If I see any major differences in the couple of weeks i'll post a quick pic and update my blog!