Stacey's Pre-Braces Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New2Braces

#31 Post by New2Braces »

Thanks ironyengine & Joanna20. I'm feeling a lil nervous about my appointment on the 21st. I just hope the ortho doesn't mention anything like 'extractions' *shudders* It is to be expected, with my mouth being so crowded and all. I wonder if I could be put to sleep while my teeth are being pulled out?? I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain :oops: :oops: I only just realised the other day why I didn't have to pay for my X-Rays (it had me baffled for a while) - the ortho Bulk Billed me :lol:

Love, Stace xox

lionfish

#32 Post by lionfish »

Hi Stacey,

If do end up having extractions and are concerned about pain, just ask if you can be knocked out while they do it.

What a nice ortho - bulk billing you for pics.

I've just thought: 21 June is the winter solstice - must be pretty dark down in Tassie right now.

New2Braces

#33 Post by New2Braces »

We do have very short days this time of year :lol:

Love, Stace xox

New2Braces

#34 Post by New2Braces »

I'm going to change my username to Stacexox :wink:
Just thought I'd let you all know in case of confusion!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love, Stace xox

bbsadmin

#35 Post by bbsadmin »

Posting a bunch of junk messages for the sake of getting your sig is NOT encouraged.
Last edited by bbsadmin on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

sjsarre

#36 Post by sjsarre »

Its true.. Every board is different. I think that was a bit harsh!

Never mind.. How are things? Not long to go until your consult...

I've just had wires attached to my teeth.. Bit painful. But I know it will all be worth it!!!

Just keep that thought in your head too!!

bbsadmin

#37 Post by bbsadmin »

I'm sorry if it seemed harsh. I didn't realize that this thread was 4 pages long already. I thought it was just one page with a bunch of junk posts. That's what I get for checking the board at 11 p.m. with a sinus headache! :roll:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Leslie022

#38 Post by Leslie022 »

I've noticed several times on this board that people have a tendency to read things too quickly and end up taking what is said the wrong way. That comment, by the way, is not directed at anyone in particular.

Hope you enjoy the new screen name!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

At last

#39 Post by At last »

Well???? I must know.... how did it go??

lionfish

#40 Post by lionfish »

The time will fly, stace.

But better to get all that preliminary stuff sorted now.

Chantel

#41 Post by Chantel »

Hi Stace,

Your story is very muchn similar to mine, I have to go and get 5 fillings in the next 1 1/2 weeks, I also have to see an Oral Surgeon because my general dentist thinks my bottom wisdom teeth should come out, then not long after I see the OS I have to go get spacers in (all depending on what the OS says about my extractions) hopefully I don't have to push back my Orthodontic appointments but again all depends on the OS' decision!

Crossing my fingers I don't have to push back the Ortho appointments, I want to get those things on and off as soon as possible, haha! and I've already psyched myself up about the whole process! so it's a bit of a kick in the guts to hear you have to go and get all this stuff done before you can even get the braces on.

Hope your journey with the extractions etc isn't too difficult, will keep track of your progress on here :)

14th March - Spacers
21st March - Braces

juf_84

#42 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Stace!

Best of luck with everything, including Centrelink and the job hunting. My Mum has just been through the job hunt and came out successfully and I'm currently juggling Graduate applications and interviews, so if you need someone to vent to about your job hunting, I'm here!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

lionfish

#43 Post by lionfish »

Sorry to hear about the big toe, stace, and hope it gets sorted.

The training session sounds like an excellent idea. In a competitive job market, a good resume and confident interview technique will set you apart from the pack.

juf_84

#44 Post by juf_84 »

Ouch Stace! The big toe doesn't sound like much fun. :cry:

I completely agree with lionfish- have fun at the training session- they are worth it. I have been to a few this year and found that they really helped with my job applications and my interview.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

At last

#45 Post by At last »

Well Im glad that you are soo excited about your journey!! This process is so scary yet so exciting all at once!! Im sorry about your job, but heres to finding a new one asap!! :-88

O and sorry about the toe too, that sounds painful :?