LOREN'S Story-UPDATED W/ PICS

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Loren2006

LOREN'S Story-UPDATED W/ PICS

#1 Post by Loren2006 »

Hello Everyone,
I am sooo happy :D that i found this site! I am a 29 year old college advisor and just got my braces on June 8, 2006 ( almost a week..hooray!). I know I'm no spring chicken, but due to financial issues as a child braces were not an option. I have gone through some pretty hard preparations for me barces..even though i may not be too familair with all the dental tems, let me tell you what i have endured.
I had 5 cavaties filled,thought i need a root canal ( thank God i didn't need it) and just got a cap, had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, had a premolar extracted, and wore an expander for 6 months..WHOOO :!: So now here I am, one week into my brace wearing phase. The dentist said that i would need to have them for at least a year and a 1/2. I hope he is right and i don't have to wear them any more time. The biggest probem is that i have an incisor ( I think that's what it's called) that somewhat sticks out on top, somewhat like "vampire" teeth. I think the expander helped alot with the positioning of my teeth and can't wait to see changes with the braces.
My first week so far has been ok...but the fisrt three days were miserable :cry: ! Need less to say i ate alot of mashed patatoes and jello. Even though my teeth are a bit sore, this is nothing comapred to the first three days ( thank God for Tylenol extra ). So anyway I'm happy to be here and any tipe or advise along the way is well appreciated :D

People usually fail when they are on the verge of sucess.So give as much care to the end, as to the begining.
Last edited by Loren2006 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

penma

#2 Post by penma »

I think he can't add a signature with only 1 posts. :cry:

MsTee

#3 Post by MsTee »

Welcome aboard Loren! I'm new to the board as well, and haven't been braced yet. I look forward to hearing about your journey!

Loren2006

Thanks..

#4 Post by Loren2006 »

Thanks for the words of encouragement and the pointers.
KK wrote:Forgot about that change to the board penma ... thanks for reminding me.

Loren ... you'll need to leave your ticker off until you've done a certain number of posts. Here's some links you should read!

This ones about using tickers ...
viewtopic.php?t=5550
This ones for newbies, about your signature space ...
viewtopic.php?t=11360'
This ones about avatars ...
viewtopic.php?t=3521

Hope these help! Take care! :banana:

penma

#5 Post by penma »

I really don't want to annoy you, but you should make the avatar picture smaller, otherwise there's not a big difference.

EDIT: Better read the text one more time after posting^^[/b]
Last edited by penma on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loren2006

fixed

#6 Post by Loren2006 »

There we go :oops: ...sorry as i stated , i am new to all this. :lol:
penma wrote:I really want to annoy you, but you should make the avatar picture smaller, otherwise there's not a big difference.
Last edited by Loren2006 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loren2006

#7 Post by Loren2006 »

Welcome aboard Ms. Tee and can't wait to share stories with you as well...
MsTee wrote:Welcome aboard Loren! I'm new to the board as well, and haven't been braced yet. I look forward to hearing about your journey!

Loren2006

Thanks

#8 Post by Loren2006 »

Thanks KK for your advice and no I don't mind the tips at all. It was all very helpful and since i really don't have much time to get on here, it was great to get the info about the ticker and so on..thanks! :)
I will keep you guys posted on my progress...

Loren2006

Everything is going well...

#9 Post by Loren2006 »

Hello Everyone,
Yes i know it's been a while since i last wrote in here but work and other things have kept me very busy. Anyhow, just wanted to give you an update on my braces...this month of October makes 4 months!! I have not had any problems with them to be honest, even i must admit that the first week was very painful ( i think i lost 5 pounds :P during that time). At this time i am able to eat pretty much everything, ofcourse i am very careful at all times. I chew gum, eat chips and even eat corn...yup corn on the cob ( granted it's at a very slow pace but i manage to do so. I haven't had any brackets come off ( thank God) or anything else come loose. I have stuck with the color light blue for my ligatures and I am currently wearing two elastic bands ( one on each side). Everything thing seems to be doing well, all teeth seem to be aligning very well. The gap where the tooth was pulled had been closed already!
But one small thing that is bothering me is the shape of one of my front teeth, i am really considering veneers afterwards?? :?:
But overall i am happy with the process so far...one more year to go :D

Oh by the way this is the latest picture...you can see "some progress". :)
I know i have a way to go, but so far so good..

Image[/url]
Last edited by Loren2006 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Loren2006

Latest picture

#10 Post by Loren2006 »

:)
Last edited by Loren2006 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M1k3y

#11 Post by M1k3y »

Must be exciting for you. Woohoo!
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Loren2006

Thanks..

#12 Post by Loren2006 »

Thanks for the note M1Key. I am very excited but at times i get a bit discouraged when i see the two fromt teeth. I think the biggest problem that the denist was trying to fix was what i called my "vampire' teeth on each side, which he did. But i never liked the shape of my two fron teeth ( hence the idea about veneers). It seems that the other teeth are getting aligned but the two front ones are kinda rocking side to side right now, because at times after one alignment they lean a bit more to the right and on another alignment they might ne to the left a bit more. I guess it's still to early and they are getting adjusted...i hope it all turns out well. :thumbsup:

Loren2006

The Latest

#13 Post by Loren2006 »

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is making progress and doing great :D
As for myself this is my 6th month with braces and on my last visit i was notified that i had to have 3 more teeth removed! :shock: In the begining, the denist removed all 4 wisdom teeth and one pre-molar on my upper left side...and now he wants to remove the other pre-molar on the upper right side and two teeth on the bottom (because he feels that is still over crowding). I am going in this upcoming Friday for the removal.
I don't know if it's just me but the last few times i have felt rushed by the dentist...and yesterday when i went for my alignment he reglued a bracket and it poped off today ( thank god for the lig and wire, if not it would have popped of). Also yesterday he was suppose to remove the upper pre-molar but after looking at my teeth is when he told me that he had to remove the other 2, shouldn't he have known this before. Also i might be being silly, but he is Asian and has an Asian assistant and everything they say is in their language (I'm like what???..lol) I wish he would not rush so much and explain things a but clearer...Has anyone else had anything similar???
this was about three months ago...(picture below)

These are the latest pictures...i'm sorry about the quality...

There has been small progress with the front teeth...(picture above)

See the small crowding in the bottom...(picture Above)

You can see the crowding in the top to left....(picture above)

Hopefully i will see more improvement in the coming months...