And we're off.....Jenn's Braces Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JennThompson79

And we're off.....Jenn's Braces Story

#1 Post by JennThompson79 »

Hey all, I got my spacers yesterday 06/12/06. It was not too bad at first. But by last night they were starting to mad me a little sore. Then, this morning, my mouth hurt so bad that I was sick on my stomach for most of the morning. I haven't been able to eat anything since last night when I ate dinner. On the plus side, maybe I'll be able to lose the extra weight I've put on that I wanted to lose. :D Anyway, I will keep it updated here.

elena_k

#2 Post by elena_k »

i've lost about 3 kilos the first two weeks with my braces on...it was an unexpected good surprise :P

JennThompson79

#3 Post by JennThompson79 »

Well, I was finally able to eat tonight. But, it was spaghetti and I didn't have to chew it, so that was nice. But, right now, my whole mouth hurts even all the way up into my sinuses. I feel like I have a combination of the beginnings of the flu and being hit in the mouth with a baseball or something. UGGGHHHHH

braces_2come

#4 Post by braces_2come »

i got my spacers put in the same day as you, jeje well that same thing has happened to me, when they put them on they didnt hurt at all but when i woke up the next morning I felt like my teeth were beeing pulled out slowly, the worse pain EVER. Im not getting my braces till next wednesday I cant wait to take this things OFF, i thought it would never hurt me. All i ate today was Spagetti Also

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Last edited by braces_2come on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MsTee

#5 Post by MsTee »

Sorry to hear about all of the discomfort Jenn. I hope it's gotten better...look forward to hearing more of your journey!

Gennel

#6 Post by Gennel »

Jenn, welcome to the club! The beginning sort of sucks but I know things will get better . I've only been in braces for about 34 hrs. The first day (yesterday) I felt tightness and that's it. Today I feel the same thing except I feel like someone is playing the piano slowly on my teeth! lol One moment my front tooth is hurting then it stops then my molar starts hurting and then another one. It's not a throbbing pain it just feels sore , so far I can handle it. I can't chew at all and don't want to try because it's just going to feel more sore.So mashed potatoes,mac n cheese,pudding and yogurt have been my meals. I suggest you keep taking your Tylenols for at least 5 days total. I did not wait for the pain just like the ortho's assistant told me to do. I will be getting 2 spacers on the bottom in about a month. I have heard that spacers are worse but I'm thinking since I only need it on one side and not in front and back of the same tooth that maybe the pressure wont be as hard....hoping.
Take plenty of before pictures and progress pics! I'm planning to take a picture on the day of each adjustment.

Gennel

JennThompson79

#7 Post by JennThompson79 »

Well, I didn't post yesterday due to the remnants of Tropical Storm Alberto coming thru, and knocking out phones and power. It was quite a day though. I ate some yougurt, and took some of my favorite berries, some vanilla ice cream, a little milk, and some protein supplement, and made one AWESOME, high energy smoothie! It was great. I have learned that popsicles are my friend!!!

Today, whereas I still can't chew anything, the constant throbbing is gone and I hardly even notice they are there except for if I forget and try to bite my fingernails (bad habit since I was around 2). Then OMG soooo hard not to scream! And Tylenol does the same thing for this pain as it does for my headaches NADA. So, Ibuprofen it is. However, also like when I get a headache I had to take 5 of them to get any relief at all. Thank goodness that part of it is pretty much over since I barely notice them now. I just don't chew anything lol.

Is it Wednesday yet? I'm ready for these to be out. lol

OFF TOPIC: I contributed my nauseousness the past couple of days to the pain in my mouth, but.......found out today that hubby and I are expecting!!!! For those of you moms, can you imagine, in labor with braces, so much for clenching my teeth huh? ROFLMAO

Nille

#8 Post by Nille »

Congrats to you and your hubby on the pregnancy Jenn! :jump: I'm not trying to scare you as I'm sure all is fine but be careful taking the ibuprofen while pregnant! You may want to ask your Dr. about that as I was advised against taking it. Good luck on your braces journey and have a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :D
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

MsTee

#9 Post by MsTee »

Congrats on expecting a bundle of joy! What an exciting time for you! Now you have 2 great things to keep us posted on! :jump:

JennThompson79

#10 Post by JennThompson79 »

Well, I have now had these top braces and bottom brackets for exactly 12 hours and OMG does this hurt. I want to go back tomorrow and tell him to take these things off. But, I know I can't do that. I have to do this. People look at my wedding pictures and ask was I sure I even wanted to get married because of my expressions in the pics. But, I HATED to smile. I was so scared of what people would think of my teeth if they saw them. As soon as I can, I'll post the pic from today. My colors are alternating Lt. Purple, Dk. Purple (thanks to my daughter lol).

juf_84

#11 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Jenn!

Congrats on the braces and the bub :jump: Sorry to hear you're hurting but it will all be worth it (at least that is what I am telling myself).

Can't wait to see a pic, and I'm so jealous that you've got colours- I just have plain metal.
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

MsTee

#12 Post by MsTee »

Jenn,

PLEASE take KK's advice! I hope the soreness subsides soon. Can't wait to see your purple ligs! :)

jmrut22

#13 Post by jmrut22 »

Hey Jen

Congrats on the pregnancy. I am hoping to go for #2 soon. I just got my braces last week and 3 brackets popped off. I had to go back yesterday and get them replaced. Things are really sore but not as bad as I expected.

I just cant get used to the way they feel in your mouth. Especially against my lips.

Jmrut22

JennThompson79

#14 Post by JennThompson79 »

Hi Everyone!!! I had call my ortho on Monday and then went in today to get a mouthguard. Sunday, I got head-butted by a horse, in the face, which of course caused my brackets to cut up the inside of my lips. Then not an hour and a half later, I fell off of the same horse, annnnndddd, pow, face first in the dirt. LOL. Of course, more cut up lips. The horse didn't buck or throw me or anything, we were just out for a leisurely walk thru the woods (which the ob said was fine as long as I kept it at a walk) and something spooked him and he started crow hopping, I got sideways in the saddle and was too late to catch myself, so down I went. No, the baby didn't make it thru that, but, please don't be sorry for me, we are ok with it. We actually weren't quite sure how I ended up pregnant anyway with my tubes having been tied 4 yrs ago. LOL Anyway, just wanted to update real quick.

MsTee

#15 Post by MsTee »

Oh no! Though you told us not to feel sorry for you, I am saddened that this incident occurred...both because of your mouth and the baby! :cry:

However, if you and your hubby are ok with everything, that's what matters. :)

Hope your mouth heals up soon...maybe that's advice for me to get a mouthguard ahead of time, b/c I tend to be accident prone!