elena's story...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

elena_k

elena's story...

#1 Post by elena_k »

Hello everyone :) My name is Elena,i'm 22&a half years old and have my braces on since January...I had to remove two of my upper teeth and i will remove one from the down ones,cause it's a baby tooth and i have to remove it...My upper teeth were removed on March and it feels so weird that i have two spaces in my mouth..most of the times i feel uncomfortable showing them to people :oops: and all i wonder is when will those spaces close for good...well,i know the answer,but it seems soooo long till then...ahhh :( :oops:

Dexter

Hi ! ^_^

#2 Post by Dexter »

and Welcome Elena : :D
-Davy-

elena_k

#3 Post by elena_k »

Thank you so much Dexter :-1

KK,you are so sweet with everyone here..i'm glad you are here to support people..i wonder who supports you :P Anyway,he already started closing the gaps..both of my canines have moved a little less than3mm so far,which is absolutelly normal.and the worst part of my braces will be in 3 months from now,where my canines will be joining my teeth in back.leaving the four front all alone :oops: :lol:I know,I know..the result will be awesome,but right now all i think is the worst part,which is staright ahead..

thank you so much linda21 :D yes,my extractions didn't bother me much..in general that whole brace story didn't cause much pain..or maybe i just forgot the whole thing,cause i always forget the bad moments in life,as soon as they're in the past.

thank you so much guys for taking the time to respond to my story..i knew i wasn't alone in that case,but i keep forgetting that i'm not alone.ohh...just in case you don't understand some of the things i say,don't hesitate to ask me :D kisses to everyone

:mrgreen:

elena_k

#4 Post by elena_k »

KK wrote:
KK,you are so sweet with everyone here..i'm glad you are here to support people..i wonder who supports you :P
This board supports me ... but so sweet of you to ask.

I'm one of those people who took over two decades to make this decision, and then found this board a few days after I'd again been told orthodontics was my best chance of stopping the jaw pain I'd been living with for many years.

I still couldn't commit ... but over the next few years I read all the posts on here ... I didn't register ... but followed everybodies progress ... over and over again. I kept reading about how scared they were prior to their B-day ... and then how some were sore after and others were fine etc. Then of the ups and downs and things that happened over the next two years ... and finally reading of the absolute delight when their teeth went naked!

Finally ... it happened ... I realised it was time to stop reading and do something. It hit me (not quite soon enough) that my treatment could have been completed while I'd been following others ... and this was what finally helped me to commit.

I feel I owe so much to those people who used to post messages on here ... and this is my way of saying thankyou!

Great that your gaps are closing ... that will be exciting! :thumbsup:

Here's to great progress! :banana:
awwww...you are just sweet..it's great to have you around here :D

wow!!this board motivated you to do it?that sounds great :D you must have good results so far Karen :dance:

the visible part of my gaps is just getting bigger at the moment :oops: and in three months time,i will look like a proper bunny :oops: :lol: making fun of it,is the only way to make me laugh about it...plus,let's not forget that i have one more extraction coming up...*scared* another thing that bothers me is that i can't drink any coffee..having braces on is enough..i don't want them to look yellow-ish as well

not much i can do now..*sighs*

juf_84

#5 Post by juf_84 »

Hi Elena!

I'm going tea free as the hygienist finally got rid of some staining off my bottom teeth and tea was the culprit! So I can understand your pain!

Great to see that you can laugh... I think I'll be doing lots of that over the next year :lol:
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

elena_k

#6 Post by elena_k »

juf_84 wrote: Hi Elena!

I'm going tea free as the hygienist finally got rid of some staining off my bottom teeth and tea was the culprit! So I can understand your pain!

Great to see that you can laugh... I think I'll be doing lots of that over the next year :lol:
ohhh..well i don't have any stains,but yet i try to avoid coffee..the thing is that i like to indulge myself into my fave freddo espresso..i can't help but drinking it :oops: :lol:

laughing could make me feel embarrassed..i feel ok laughing with friends i meet every day,but with the others,i just feel they're just looking straight at my teeth,which most of the times is not true..lol

i just noticed that it's easier for me to feel comfortable with people i discussed my problem with.i tell them what is wrong and what will happen from now on and that makes me feel just better :D

i think things will be much better when my gaps will get closed..then i will have the widest smile ever :D

elena_k

#7 Post by elena_k »

juf_84,i just noticed you will get your braces on tomorrow...awww dear,i wish you the best of luck and the less of pain :) if it makes you feel better,it wasn't painful at all for me..just a bit annoying..i just felt i couldn't close my lips enough :lol: ..but no big deal...good luck :D

elena_k

#8 Post by elena_k »

those canines of mine are moving like crazy....there're in the middle of their trip :lol: i have my next appointment next week,a day after my baby tooth will be removed...at least it's not going to get any weirder than that...only better :HugeGrin:

elena_k

#9 Post by elena_k »

will i look like that---> :GapToothed: :lol: are lower teeth that noticable?? :?: :P

elena_k

#10 Post by elena_k »

Elena most people don't show much (if any) of their lower teeth ... but there are a few who do ... hopefully you don't, and your extraction gap will go unnoticed!
well..it seems like i show my lower teeth as i talk :( it is very obvious..i kept waking up last night,cause he used a thicker archiwire on my lower teeth and that caused some pain yesterday..it's not a big deal and i already feel better,but the gap is the one that bothers me more..i can't wait to see that gap close..

ahhh *sigh*

elena_k

#11 Post by elena_k »

thanks kk..yes,the truth is that i recover too fast from extractions..in a couple of days i'm good as new :lol: :P but still it's the gap part that bothers me...i think about it every time i talk to someone..if i had the choise i would just stay at home..but i can't ..and believe me,i'm not a person that likes to stay in :( must get used to it quickly..

At last

#12 Post by At last »

Hope you are feeling better about that gap elena!!

Spacers ~ June 21, 2006
All metal Braces ~ Jul 11, 2006
Est. Treatment time ~ 18 months

elena_k

#13 Post by elena_k »

Thank you At Last...

i don't feel good about it yet,but i'll get used to it..focusing on next year :)

elena_k

#14 Post by elena_k »

haven't posted here for over a month...i'm glad to say that my canines are almost there...my right one is 1 mm away and my left 2.so...my orthdontist is satisfied by the fast move and he mentioned that it would be even faster if i had metalics on..but even if i had to choose again,i'd go ceramics :lol: my lower gap is now around 4mm,but not very visible..

i almost forgot the most important fact...he got me starting using elastics..i use 1/4''-heavy Sea lion ones...i was in such pain and compined with a very hot weather here in greece,elastics gave me a hard time for a couple of days..but now i don't even understand their presence :D

hope you are all doing well..kisses for everyone

:)

elena_k

#15 Post by elena_k »

thanks for your comment KK!! :D yes,my canines are 'running' :lol:

linda21,the summer is almost over here :( and on the top of that,i have exams :shock: but i'll survive :lol: