Sarah's story! Updated 11 Oct 2007 - I'm half naked YIPPEE!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjsarre

#106 Post by sjsarre »

Does anyone get REALLY tired just after an adjustment.. Like the day after?

I've noticed the past two times i've been exhausted by about 24 hours after..

sjsarre

#107 Post by sjsarre »

hi everyone.. Thanks for the support yet again!! :wink:

This weekend has been quite painful, but I think i'm over the worst of it now.. :D

I'm still tired but not quite as bad!

Just got a few aches and brushing my teeth is now becoming easy again!

I've noticed some movement in the past two days aswell. Which is a bonus..

:lol:

sjsarre

#108 Post by sjsarre »

Just thought I would post this comparison photo... I can really see the movement now..

Top is today. Bottom is at 3weeks

sjsarre

#109 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks guys... I'm really glad I took those photo's last night... The difference is really noticiable from those angles and now whilst it doesn't appear like there is much movement from the front on, I realise that there has been alot going on behind the scenes!!!

Yes, i'm really hoping that the Ortho might start to attach the two top ones at the next visit.. Thats in just over 3weeks so I think there might be enough room there to start pulling them forward....

Fingers crossed! :D

That will be a big milestone for me if that happens.. Those were the teeth that I was really ashamed of and the whole reason why I have learnt not to smile :oops: :? since I was about 13!!!

It seems so stupid to me now to think that for all those years i've practiced the art of not smiling.. Only every now and again I would do it. But now, i'm going to have to learn to smile properly.. All my friends and work colleagues tell me that I have this awful habit of putting my hand to my mouth when I smile.. I must stop doing it!!

:o

lionfish

#110 Post by lionfish »

That's pretty awesome progress, well done.

SUGARANGEL

#111 Post by SUGARANGEL »

Hey sjsarre, Wow! Yessssssss, Finally I can see it is coming forward. Well done!!! At the end, you will be able to smile wide more freely than to cover your mouth. Hee hee :lol:

2-6-2006 Top braces
6-6-2006 bottom braces
Sentenced 1-26-2006 for 24 months
All metals...
Debanded on June 18th 2008

belmikry

#112 Post by belmikry »

thos epictures are awesome! :) so much has changed since the beginning of the summer- get pics! :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

sjsarre

#113 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks Belmikry

Well all is quiet at the moment... The springs have caused pain on and off. the gaps are definately opening up to bring the teeth into position..

I'm having pain today with my jaw on both top corners. I think my wisdom teeth are moving down a bit more again! Well either that or i've punched myself in my sleep :lol:

I've had about six mouth ulcers in the past 10days. Really strange as its the first time i've really suffered with them since having the brace on. Been saltwater rinsing etc.. Right in the corner of my lips. Very strange.

I've also noticed that my top left canine is now perilously close well touching the bottom ceramic bracket.. It wasn't like that a couple of days ago. In fact there was a good couple of millimetres gap. I've called the Ortho, but he thinks I will be ok until my adjustment. He was expecting that to happen.

I'm also on holiday from work from Thursday for nearly 3weeks... Yippee..... I'm really looking forward to it. I've had an absolutely dreadful 12 months. The worst of my life. So i'm just looking forward to a break to recharge my batteries and try to relax a bit!!!

:D :D

Joanna20

#114 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! Nice to know there's some progress! I also noticed that I got really tired after my 1st adjustment... I think it's our body recovering from the whole thing.
Have a great holiday!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

sjsarre

#115 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks...

In fact i'll probably be on this forum a bit more during my holiday... I'm staying at home and relaxing with my son.

I'm really looking forward to the break. Yes I do think maybe I am a bit run down. But I eat very healthily (only the odd hiccup!!)...

:D

sjsarre

#116 Post by sjsarre »

Just another piccie... I can notice the huge difference on the right side now.. And i've had movement in the past week as my canine is now completely touching my lower bracket.. I'm hoping it won't snap it off...

antsika

#117 Post by antsika »

Hi sjsarre! You had very nice movement in the last few weeks I haven't been around, congrats!!

Have a nice holiday!

Upper and lower Evolution linguals
B-day: 30. 06. 2006
Treatment time app. 2 years

sjsarre

#118 Post by sjsarre »

Hi there

Hey Ken - good to hear things are starting to happen....

I'm hoping they might think about attaching the other teeth to the wire in two weeks but i'm also wondering whether they might have to add in a couple more of those metal spaces in the spring beforehand.....

Fingers crossed

:)

belmikry

#119 Post by belmikry »

you should ask about lifters on your bottoms molars so your canine doesn't rub against the lower brackets/wires- it could chip or potentially delay movement :)
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

sjsarre

#120 Post by sjsarre »

Thanks... Its just touching now. I did call the ortho office before he went on holiday this week and mentioned it. They told me that they would call me back if there were any problems but not to expect a call if he thought it would be ok. I really should have called back but I was so busy at work I forgot.

He is now away until the day before my next adjustment so I hope it will be ok until then...